• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your "Sky Anny" Disc

I generally try and throw something slightly overstable on an anny so that it can hold the line without cut rolling. Current bag has a bunch of stuff, but I would probably reach for a Thunderbird or Bandit depending on how much I want it to pan out.

DX VRoc is nice. Large diameter for good glide and hold a line pretty well. I have problems getting the angle right with drivers as I don't practice the shot enough, but DX Teebird when I do.

for distance shots with room to work a beat to snot icon rampage if i need to turn all the way to the ground or a beat pinnacle outlaw if I want it to fade out to flat more.

for tighter shots a beat icon patriot.

for shorter shots a soft toss with an x comet or the same shot with a gravity ghost if i need to throw it a bit harder.

This is a shot I need to dedicate a bit more time too. now that I can't rip on forehands like i used to. I need a way to reliably get some distance on a left to right shot.

Depending on the desired distance and how tightly I need it to turn:
1) APX
2) seasoned X Stratus
3) beat JLS

These discs hold an line pretty well and really don't fight back fight back much at all.

Last edited:
Gonna be the first (and hopefully not last) to say Starfire.

Mine is usually a nicely worn Pro Valkyrie. From time to time the Underworld or River is better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat up Destroyer, or more recently been doing it with a beat up domey scorpius for a slower turn and extra glide.
Beat up TL
Roadrunner
Roc

You want something that you can get over on, throw high, and slooooowly come out of it.

Tern, Roadrunner/sidewinder , M4 , Pa4 .

But now I just picked up an Insanity and a Theory, so those may be good for that.

I find it very hard for my weak arm to do this shot with a driver but I have had some luck with the Westside Queen though. To be sure I use a Westside Tursas which is a fantastic under-stable midrange.

170g C-TD has been working great for me. Tons of glide, enough stability to keep from rolling all the way over, holds the anhyzer for 80% of it's flight before flattening out with a gentle landing. Underrated disc right there.

interesting disc. I have an s-line and it reminds me of a more overstable sidewinder. It's still relatively new as I've only field tested it so I don't have a lot of use for it.

My go-to sky anny disc is a fairly worn 168g SOLS. Also my go-to backhand roller.

Latest posts