• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your worst shot to date!

Not my worst shot, but it stands out.
Hole #10, white tees, at Sandy Creek park, I grip-locked my drive, and almost hit a baby being carried by it's mom. The disc whizzed by, and she never noticed it. Scared the crap outta me, and took me about 4 holes to get over the shakes.

missed a tap in putt during a bag tag round...i lost by one stroke, i was not happy. to clarify i threw a driver and it went through the chains.

Hole #4 at a tight woods course in Michigan called Parmelee Park. I was about 80 feet away from the pin and threw up a nice short spike hyzer with my firebird to get around a tree fro my second shot. The disc was right on line to come down at the pin but it hits a tree 10 feet in front of the pin, lands on its edge and then proceeds to roll 60 feet back up the fairway towards the pin. I then land my next putt 12 feet from the pin and proceed 4 put the hole missing 3 more puts from inside 15 feet. Took a 7 on a 162' hole. :wall:

My worst shot was bad but it was more the circumstances.

My first ace disc was a Champion Orc. I got another ace on it. I kept playing with it.

So I take out my double ace disc on number 10 on Willamette Park in Corvallis. Grip locked the summabitch so much it went so far right I couldn't find it.

RIP: Double Ace Orc.

Playing a silly little 9 hole course in Chicago, I managed to grip lock a roc all the way across two other fairways and into a road, where I nailed the wheel of a passing van so hard it skipped all the way back on to the course.

There are just too many to choose from. An impossible task for me. There are many trees out there that have been harmed by my shots. I am truly sorry for the pain they have had to endure.

My worst shot ever was on hole 10 at Madison Meadow Park in Lombard, IL. I was still crazy new but playing regularly, and was working on the "disc rips out of your hand theory". I took my Orc and pulled through as fast and hard as I could. My buddy had to jump out of the way as I didn't release it unless it was behind me and luckily hit the fence behind me about 40 feet. It wasn't my worst score hole, but it definitely had the worst result.

We were playing wacky golf at White Birch, shooting #1B tee to #3 pin. I got the nose up on my tee shot and it hyzered short in the clearing of # 2's fairway. #2 is an uphill shot on a fairly steep hill, so I'm standing on a hill with my left shoulder way above my right. I take my approach shot with an Aviar and slip, so that shoulder angle was even worse on release. That shot flipped hard into the woods to my right. There were tons of trees there, so I figure it's going to hit something...BUT NO!!! It seeing-eye flipped through all of those trees. The hillside falls away pretty dramatically and I was way up the hill when I released it, so the shot not only didn't hit any trees but it had no ground to land on. It kept turning...and turning...and turning... It finally landed on the paved path near the # 1A tee 100' behind me. I just stood there with my mouth open. It was so spectacularly bad that there was nothing to say. There was no wind, nothing to blame it on. I slipped and gacked.

I'm sure I could stand in the same spot and take 1,000 throws and never come anywhere close to another shot that bad even if I was trying.

Rosedale #3 short pin on the left 234 ft.
hand slipped with a esp buzzz a couple of days ago first round of the ice bowl, thrying to show off, landeed 20 feet away and 10 to the right, ended up getting a 5 on the hole with a good approach and putt after 2 shots a little uo a hill and throught thick, dead vegetation. then round 2 came back and got 20 feet from the basket and to the left, but a very bad putt got me a 3.

haha...this is great. A buddy of mine one time had basically the worst single hole I have ever seen. Keep in mind this is a short par 3 at a local course in lancaster pa. Pretty open and only around 230ft. Its a little down hill and it was wet and he fell on two separate occasions throughout this marathon, but thats not even the funniest part. He was at his 8th shot at about 5 feet away and he hit the belt - this is when we all lost it and started laughing. He then proceeded to flip out and try to throw his disc as hard as he could into the chains, but somehow it skipped off the chains and started gliding flat about 75 ft into some thick brush. Maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen. He just left the disc in the woods and walked the rest of the round.

it was -10 last month snowing very hard and i was halfway done on a 850ft hole in 3 throws with about a 10 degree slope, it ended up rolling all the way down and i had to start from beyond the tee, ended up going +8 over par just on that hole

Woodshed #9

picture.php

This pic is taken about halfway down the fairway of #7 at the Woodshed in Paw Paw, WV. If you look out towards the house in the background, that's the fairway for #9. The tee for #9 is a bit to the right, and out of the picture but this is the best view of #9 that I could find.

Anyway, my first time playing there, after only having been playing for a couple months (my first mistake) I turn over my drive and it ends up all of the way to the right in the bushes, probably 100' right of the fairway. And actually, there's a swampy area with thick weeds, reeds, brambles, stickers, etc. that the shot went towards. I never did find the disc. And it was my first driver... a wonderful bright orange DX Valkyrie. RIP. :(

I've made worse throws since, but this is the most memorable.

Mine was this past summer on hole #12 at Effingham DGC. It is only a 260' hole but has a 45 degree angle ravine about 40' down on the left hand side about 30' off the straight line with the basket. My drive hit a tree and of course ended up at the bottom of it. When I get down there it stunk like death. Sure enough there were 3 dead baby opossums that had been supper for something and the smell had nowhere to go. So I try to concentrate on my throw and not hit one of three trees that guard the basket. Didn't concentrate enough not one but three consecutive throws hit tree and rolled back down to me. I shot a three over on the hole. The 3 opossums baking in the August heat made this my worst hole ever.
It's now affectionately known as the ravine of death to me!

Last December. Alex Clark Memorial. McKinney, TX.
Hole 6. Probably 330 ft hook to the right. The tee basket was on a highpoint next to the 20ft cliff that drops off into the newly rain-filled December river.
Sidearmed an Xcaliber, it sored and HIT SIDE OF THE BASKET, only to then fly off the side of the cliff into the middle of the water.
R.I.P disc.

Last year or the year before I Was 200ft short from the basket on hole 12 BRÄNTEBÄRGET in UMEÅ SWEDEN and I was standing over a fallen tree and I had a wide open shot but I still threw it 20ft backwards and almost hit a person .YEA and one more thing..On my home course I threw a flx drone with spike hyzer and it went right through the basket on hole 4 AND I THOUGHT IT was a ACE but it wasn´t.(AND now is the SAD part I got a bogey ON a PAR 2 )IT WENT RIGHT THROUGH THE BASKET ON THE FIRST SHOT AND WITH MY FIRST PUTT I HIT THE SIDE OF THE BASKET AND MY SECOND PUTT WAS A DROP IN PUTT.

my worst shot was at bear creek park and hole 7 is right next to the freeway and it was muddy out i ran up did an x-step slipped and released really bad the disc went up really high to the left and then hyzered into a convertible. i don't think it hit anyone cause no one stopped.

Hole 14 @ McCullough park.
Huge downhill shot. The teebox sits on a soapbox derby hill.
released it late on my forehand...the wind caught it...it rolled...and then a semi ran over it.

I didn't bother going to recover the pieces of that poor Groove.

i had muddy shoes and i slipped and the disc went backwords behind the tee pad

Wow, my worst shots don't compare to the excitement of alot of these, but I would have to say mine has to be Hole #3 @ East Metro in Manor TX, The tree in front of the tee is but only a couple feet from the end of the box, you really want to flip it around the tree but for some reason I hit it, this being a par 3 I requested to my buddies for a muligan, and attempted another shot, only to do the same thing again, took another shot at it and got the disc around that tree only to hit a stump about 15 ft that kicked the disc far to the left about 50 ft off the fairway into cactus, needless to say, I ended up with a +8 on that hole by the time I finally got in the chains.

That was my putt....:doh:

Attachments

• Bertrand Russell Park SB 12-2-09.jpg
    Bertrand Russell Park SB 12-2-09.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts