• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zephyr Cove needs help!!!!!!

So basically everybody needs to go sit in the corner and think about how to get along. Then the design gets done by committee pending reviews of people who know next to nothing about disc golf.

Sounds like the running trend across much of the country

Took a lot of people to ruin this course. :|

another update... kind of.

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/disc-golf-course-design-book-focuses-on-underutilized-landscapes/

"Now that I'm back in Tahoe getting ready to take my landscape contractor's license exam and complete my licensure as a landscape architect, I have become deeply involved with the disc golf community; the Zephyr Course (NV) and its sister course in CA, the Bijou Course."

so, who is this guy? bijou and zephyr are my home courses, i play in our local leagues, and am out at those courses probably 5 days a week. never seen or heard of the guy beyond all this internet stuff and i don't know anybody that knows him.

looks like he has played one tournament ever back in 2002?

http://www.pdga.com/player/20866

and this is what he has to say about the zephyr cove needs help thing...

"I was part of a team along with an original course designer who has since left the local area that was planning to expand the Zephyr Course. My job was to redo the inaccurate course signage. When I expressed local concerns last fall that his plans were rushed, unsafe and illegal (holes on Forest Service land off the County property), I was kicked off the team by him. I tried to reach out to him and his close colleagues to work together before submitting our own plan, to no avail. When the P&R Commission unanimously approved our local plan over his and encouraged us to incorporate with the IRS, the original designer and his partner launched several social media campaigns full of misinformation to discredit me and my group and had disc golfers from all over the country signing a fraudulent petition to "Save Zephyr Cove". The County's reaction was to put a hiatus on course improvements until we can form an "Inclusive" nonprofit that allows stakeholders in the course outside the region to have a voice also. It has been a long process with ongoing community outreach, but we are finally getting close to a board of directors and bylaws that the County will sign a MOU with. Things should be rolling by next spring and bonds are being strengthened between disc golf activists through the Tahoe region. Check out ZephyrCoveDiscGolf.org by Spring 2016 for updates including membership benefits and donation opportunities."

The article you linked gives as much info as anything else that's been posted here as to 'who this guy is'.

As an outside observer, it seems like 'this guy' has some legit schooling in design, and hopefully his ideas improve or add sustainability to the course...

In my local scene, those who play the most leagues/tourneys are not usually the ones helping with upkeep, maintenance and work days. So simply because you don't know him from organized disc golf does not necessarily mean his ideas are invalid or he is an interloper.

It looks pretty epic to me with the sweet Tahoe views. I can't wait to go play there. Maybe I haven't played "enough" courses to be able to say that, though? Whatever. Elitist much??

Latest posts