• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Zone OS

Isn't a Buzz OS just an obnoxious feeling Zone?

The Malta is a weird abomination that Paul doesn't even throw.

Big Z or ESP mantis's maybe?

Please and thx.

I think every single "OS" disc has a "SS" counterpart ( but a few SS disc dont have OS counterparts). . .so hoping for a ZONE SS down the line.

Wouldn't a Zone SS just be a small diameter Buzzz?

Great. So Innova finally gets their Zone clone when they release the Toro and now Discraft is going to copy the Toro make a Zone OS?

Oh. And they already made the Zone SS. They just called it the Sol instead.

I could not be more excited about this Disc. I've been throwing zones my whole time playing, and as someone who throws a lot of zone forehands off the tee and as upshots, a more stable zone is right up my alley. I've always hated the "Oh just go find a _______ run, they're the most stable. You gotta get a glo run. You gotta find a (insert color) run, they're the beefiest." Just let me buy a mold that has those characteristics.

I got my test flights today...it's definitely more "midrange tilt" than "overstable zone" IMO. The nice thing about it was it didn't matter if i had a headwind or a tailwind...it just went the same regardless. It flew like a slightly higher glide Stego. If a stego is 4, 0, 1, 4...and a Zone is 4, 3, 0, 3...this felt like a 4, 1.5, 1, 4.

I think I'm probably going to bag it...should work great for super windy days because it seems largely unaffected. Also great for distance control...there are a number of holes at my home course under 200 feet with OB behind...I'm never going OB long again.

Wouldn't a Zone SS just be a small diameter Buzzz?

A prodigy A5 is currently the closest thing to a zone SS imo. Almost identical profile and feel but flies more like a 4 4 0 2 (I don't know how prodigy came up with the flight numbers they gave it but they are way off). It's probably less of a step down in stability than discraft's other SS discs, but it compliments the zone nicely without being in a totally different slot.

Only downside is the 400 A5s have some dome, but the 300 and 500 ones I've seen are flat.

I'm surprised no mainstream company has had the chutzpah to make their own version of the Stego, they just keep coming out with stuff like the Sockibomb Slammer, Zone OS, A1, Tactic whatever. It needs that top spoiler if you want the real beef, you can make it as flat top and "traditionally" beefy as you want and it will never act as well in a headwind as a Stego

But sir, have you tried a Full Turn Shortcut or Prodiscus Troija?

A prodigy A5 is currently the closest thing to a zone SS imo. Almost identical profile and feel but flies more like a 4 4 0 2 (I don't know how prodigy came up with the flight numbers they gave it but they are way off). It's probably less of a step down in stability than discraft's other SS discs, but it compliments the zone nicely without being in a totally different slot.

Only downside is the 400 A5s have some dome, but the 300 and 500 ones I've seen are flat.

I'm on team A5. Got em in 300 Soft, 300, 400 first run, and 750. Had one in 500 but I traded it. Every one I've owned has been flat. Maybe the 400 first run is the one you want? Haven't seen a stock 400. Really wish they would release it in 400G and 400 spectrum, the best two premium prodigy plastics imo! I bag my 300 Softs more often than the others. Love em to death.

But sir, have you tried a Full Turn Shortcut or Prodiscus Troija?

Never heard of either tbh.

I'm past the buying new discs phase for the most part. It got a bit too expensive lol.

Have you thrown a Stego?

I'm past the buying new discs phase for the most part. It got a bit too expensive lol.

Have you thrown a Stego?

Of course! I own a Stego, Baobab, Shortcut, and Troija. Been meaning to field test em against each other for all the marbles. I almost got a Frag too but I resisted. Clearly I have great self control.

Shortcut and Troija win for feel. I don't actually know what is the most OS and/or if the top spoiler matters. I just know they're all comically beefy. Gonna find out who the real winner is tho.

Last edited:
Of course! I own a Stego, Baobab, Shortcut, and Troija. Been meaning to field test em against each other for all the marbles. I almost got a Frag too but I resisted. Clearly I have great self control.

Shortcut and Troija win for feel. I don't actually know what is the most OS and/or if the top spoiler matters. I just know they're all comically beefy. Gonna find out who the real winner is tho.

The Frag is stupid. I feel like the Stego is more controllable. The frag tries to turn into an overstable roller, but that doesn't work well because of backspin.

I'm on team A5. Got em in 300 Soft, 300, 400 first run, and 750. Had one in 500 but I traded it. Every one I've owned has been flat. Maybe the 400 first run is the one you want? Haven't seen a stock 400. Really wish they would release it in 400G and 400 spectrum, the best two premium prodigy plastics imo! I bag my 300 Softs more often than the others. Love em to death.

I have one of the prototypes in 400. It had just enough dome to sit differently in my forehand grip, but I managed to take the dome out of it with hot water and it feels much better now. Now I'm just waiting for the snow to melt so I can get some more time throwing it! I love my 300 A5 and want to see how the 400 A5 flies compared to the 300 and my seasoned esp zone

Have you thrown a Stego?

The Full Turn Shortcut is a Stego without the "spoiler" thumb track thing.
It's a really nice disc, flies straight a little longer before the strong fade.

Last edited:
Got my hands on 4 today. 2 with the BEEF stamp that I haven't seen anything online about. The clear blue puddle tops are hilariously over stable, but will make the bag as I wanted short range flex shots that I know are going to fight out. Should be interesting breaking one of these in, but I don't ever see a need to cycle them.

Got my hands on 4 today. 2 with the BEEF stamp that I haven't seen anything online about. The clear blue puddle tops are hilariously over stable, but will make the bag as I wanted short range flex shots that I know are going to fight out. Should be interesting breaking one of these in, but I don't ever see a need to cycle them.

(4) not-Stegos?

All joking aside I hope to hear more! This isn't a mold for me but it may benefit many:thmbup:

Here's a question to you Stego, Zone OS, Baobab, etc throwers.

Only ridiculously overstable putter/mid I've thrown is a Premium Troija, and it's the only disc I've thrown that legitimately flies more overstable the harder you throw it. I can throw it on a soft any flex in a little bit of tailwind and have it flex out to maybe 250', but thrown max power into a headwind it doesn't matter how much any I put on it; it'll land with a spike hyzer angle 150' away.

Do most of them do that? Any that don't? Because I love the feel and flight of the Troija at low speeds, but I don't bag it because it just doesn't respond to power.

Here's a question to you Stego, Zone OS, Baobab, etc throwers.

Only ridiculously overstable putter/mid I've thrown is a Premium Troija, and it's the only disc I've thrown that legitimately flies more overstable the harder you throw it. I can throw it on a soft any flex in a little bit of tailwind and have it flex out to maybe 250', but thrown max power into a headwind it doesn't matter how much any I put on it; it'll land with a spike hyzer angle 150' away.

Do most of them do that? Any that don't? Because I love the feel and flight of the Troija at low speeds, but I don't bag it because it just doesn't respond to power.

Stego/Baobab and early reports of the zone OS are going to be similar. I can throw the Stego 200' soft or 225' hard AF. Or 300' upside down. The non linear increase in distance the harder you throw it is quite a learning curve and I think most people that bag them either only throw them soft, or just hard.

The 750 A2 may be the beef you want. Its the most OS thing I have thrown that isn't negative glide (gets to the ground sooner when thrown hard, makes sense thats negative glide to me).

Those BEEF stamps are going for a lot on the Facebooks.

Tried out one that was brought to the course by someone else - so, only about ten throws.

I did not find it ridiculously overstable. My Splice and Mutant are considerably more overstable (although I know they are a different flight class). I found this slightly puddle top, mid-weight, green OS to be very workable forehand and backhand. I do think I would ever use it for traditional drives, but it seemed to excel at upshots and spots where a little extra ground flare could be useful.

I can only imagine what a seasoned ESP would be.