• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

12 year old 3 months in

You are turning forward before your weight is on the front foot/leg. Bend at your hips to tilt your spine forward, see tilted spiral vid in previous posts.

Lead with the weight transfer from behind you(not shifting from in front) to the front leg like in the vid below. Then hips, then body, then arm.

Just pay attention to 3:10-4:00:

Ignore the 360, but pay attention the sequencing:

Keep your arm looser and swing it back from the hips later in the reachback. You look too tense with the arm and grip and get back too early. The way you orientate your arm and disc at the reachback is off and looks like you are double jointed in the elbow. Keep the disc aligned parallel to the forearm from start to finish and aligned with the shoulders.

I do have a double jointed elbow. It affects me in archery as well

sidewinder do you know what disc's I should use to practice with? Understable over stable? Putter,mid or driver?

sidewinder do you know what disc's I should use to practice with? Understable over stable? Putter,mid or driver?

Neutral putters and mids are really good at developing good basic form. Don't neglect the drivers forever, though; they'll show you how to keep the nose down.

Within the past few days, i gave been experimenting with starting the disc farther from the body, i gained an exra 15-25ft do you see any improvement?http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJA7qOSIaE
It looks a little better with the reachback line, but you're short on the extension of the whip because your not getting your weight forward correctly on the front leg. I think you would benefit from getting your shoulders more vertical in the rotation, more like a hockey slap shot or Swedish style. It might or might not lead to immediate results, but it should lead to some new perspective or insight on the shoulder rotation.

Check the Swedish style at 1:10 the guy on the right(red shirt) with the shoulders vertical and off arm swinging over. Linus throws faar!

So are you saying my right shoulder doesnt rotate far enough back

So are you saying my right shoulder doesnt rotate far enough back
It goes back far enough in the backswing, but in the forward swing your right shoulder doesn't get forward enough and slow down, instead you spin it around fast and short. You want to release the arm/disc closer to the target like a foot or two, extension targetward.

Dan talks about going from back to here to up here adding anywhere from 60-100' or more in the vid from thread:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9959

Have tried this alot before, but it never seems to help or fix anything. Am i doing something wrong?

Have tried this alot before, but it never seems to help or fix anything. Am i doing something wrong?
That's why I recommend you try the Swedish style, it's a different way of accomplishing the same thing. I don't know if you have read the thread for that video, but it explains a lot of stuff in there that's not in the video.

Disc golf tips and technique: driving with Dan Beto. Link is above.

I have spent the last few days doing 20-30 reps of each. No improvement. Any other drills that will help me fix my problem

How far should i be throwing the standstill hit? I can get then to 100

Latest posts