• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

IMHO today McBeth planned to throw that Nova on that hole all along, and did so to clinch the win and get that USDGC monkey off his back.

I'm watching the 3rd round coverage right now. It seems to me that he's throwing a lot of the same discs/lines off the box. Definitely seems like the kind of guy who attacks the course the way he's practiced it.

Shame to see Hole 17 play out the way it did for Wysocki. I can only imagine the pressure you would feel lining up your shot on the tee. Especially after that HUGE putt on 16 for par from McBeth. I don't care how accustomed these Pros are to pressure, that had to be a tough tee off.

soooooooo ... did the distance showcase happen? or get rescheduled?

IMHO today McBeth planned to throw that Nova on that hole all along, and did so to clinch the win and get that USDGC monkey off his back.

"I threw my Nova all four times on that hole and birdied it all four times during the tournament. I threw the same shot every round and was in the same spot every round," McBeth explained.

from the USDGC website

I'm watching the 3rd round coverage right now. It seems to me that he's throwing a lot of the same discs/lines off the box. Definitely seems like the kind of guy who attacks the course the way he's practiced it.

Shame to see Hole 17 play out the way it did for Wysocki. I can only imagine the pressure you would feel lining up your shot on the tee. Especially after that HUGE putt on 16 for par from McBeth. I don't care how accustomed these Pros are to pressure, that had to be a tough tee off.

I dont care how good your mental game is. Theres a point you reach in competative play at this level, in any sport, where the pressure is absolutely a factor.

Does basket 15 stink as bad as it looks on video? In other words, is it as annoying to play as it is to watch?
It might be the dumbest hole on the course in my opinion. There's some serious Russell Schwarz high on crack design elements on that one. It's a strange hole to play, basically I just hope to get down the tunnel to the bend and hope a random tree isn't in my way for the 2nd shot. Then the pin placement is just, uhhhhh.
Yeah terrible for Wysocki on 17. But damn McBeast just floated his Nova over those hay bales. And in that wind too. That is not an easy shot to do....
Yeah, McBeth sinking the putt on 16 was the gut punch and then his drive on 17 was the KO. Congrats to McBeth for the win but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for the field.

Congrats to Paul on capping an incredible year. I thought early on that Nate might take it, but you have to be on your A game to stop McBeast.

I laughed when he said he's going to rest 5 months so he can come back better next year.

Really only seemed to be coming from one guy, who kept repeating how "lucky" McBeth is ad nauseum.

Yeah....money leader....5 majors this year....4x Worlds....now USDGC.....yep, all luck.

Lucky for the rest of us, McBeth doesn't ace every hole, keeping some of these events close. The real, simple truth is, McBeth is the best in the world right now, and everyone else is just hoping HE slips up.

There is a small, but extremely vocal minority of disc golfers that seem to think luck plays a huge role in who wins. Mostly its a way to cop out for poor play, but some people seem tl really believe it

Anybody else going to try and play tomorrow? Its a bit of a haul for me but i think it be worth it. PM me if anyone wants to join up

Yeah he's definitely consistent in shot choice it seems. I was surprised on 3 I think (the downhill one just under 400') he threw his Roc as usual with that wind...flipped it into the trees it seemed. Sexton just Firebird FH'd it nice and low and seemed like the safest option with regards to conditions. But I guess that's also why McBeth is so good, he has the confidence to throw Rocs or putters in terrible conditions for long distances and trust he can hold them straight.

It might be the dumbest hole on the course in my opinion. There's some serious Russell Schwarz high on crack design elements on that one. It's a strange hole to play, basically I just hope to get down the tunnel to the bend and hope a random tree isn't in my way for the 2nd shot. Then the pin placement is just, uhhhhh.

Yeah, McBeth sinking the putt on 16 was the gut punch and then his drive on 17 was the KO. Congrats to McBeth for the win but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for the field.

ditto.

Gotta disagree with that one. McBeast threw the Nova over water at Maple Hill (I think it was Maple Hill) and that was a stroke-coster if it doesn't make it. He throws that Nova fairly frequently.

Pursuant to this point: McBeth threw the Nova (successfully) on #17 in the 3d round of the USDGC, also.

I didn't watch all the round, but what happened with sexton? Last I saw he was -25 with 5 strokes on paul.

I didn't watch all the round, but what happened with sexton? Last I saw he was -25 with 5 strokes on paul.

He went +10 on the last 10 holes, +7 on the last five. He said on his Facebook page that he ran out of gas.

That course is a physical and mental grind for the best of players in the best of conditions. Yesterday was not the best of conditions, and that takes a toll. Can't help but think Nate will learn and grow from this, and be better for it.

I was actually surprised that play was not suspended. Hole 10 was unplayable and Hole 11 was very close. On hole 10 the teepad was literally 6 inches underwater. I had to take a picture because I have never seen anything like that. The performance flight endured some of the worst conditions I have ever see. The left side of Hole 11's fairway was a rushing stream of water. Hole 12's fairway had a rushing stream as well.

I was actually surprised that play was not suspended. Hole 10 was unplayable and Hole 11 was very close. On hole 10 the teepad was literally 6 inches underwater. I had to take a picture because I have never seen anything like that. The performance flight endured some of the worst conditions I have ever see. The left side of Hole 11's fairway was a rushing stream of water. Hole 12's fairway had a rushing stream as well.

Can we see the picture?