• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

1000 feet above sea level is elevation relative to 20 feet above sea level, no? I'm not saying it's a significant elevation, just different than it would be at, say, the Augusta GA area (136 feet) where Worlds was last year. It *could* play a role in how the discs fly in a long drive contest, though I suspect the wind was probably a greater factor.

i honestly have no idea! my question was more serious than the punctuation might have suggested, sorry. i have always heard that elevation affects stability but i never imagined that courses i play in other parts of the state (anywhere from 200-500' above sea level) would be significantly different than up at smugg's.

i always figured i'd have to go out to Colorado and get above 5,000 or something to REALLY notice it. but this is all just what i have assumed over the years! and i had no idea smugg's was that different of elevation though of course it makes sense

Is there no live coverage today? On the ONE day I can watch live disc golf????

i honestly have no idea! my question was more serious than the punctuation might have suggested, sorry. i have always heard that elevation affects stability but i never imagined that courses i play in other parts of the state (anywhere from 200-500' above sea level) would be significantly different than up at smugg's.

i always figured i'd have to go out to Colorado and get above 5,000 or something to REALLY notice it. but this is all just what i have assumed over the years! and i had no idea smugg's was that different of elevation though of course it makes sense

I don't think a few hundred feet is going to make a noticeable difference, certainly not to a local. I was more addressing the question of why the distances in this contest seemed low relative to what the same players seem to be able to do on the course. If there's a 1000 foot difference in elevation between two venues, it surely plays some role. I have no idea how significant a role it is, but it's something to consider. That's all I was trying to say. I wasn't suggesting that there is a huge difference between sea level and 1000 feet up, just a difference.

Only rounds 3-5 are going to be live streamed.

I appreciate them pulling double duty and covering the ladies, but I would prefer live streaming every day, even if that meant we go back and forth on what days they cover FPO and MPO

It'll be a nice change from the usual.

Anyone know why Haley Childs isn't playing?

Latest posts