• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Anyone Shastacane throwers and excited for the new tour series release this week?

Anyone Shastacane throwers and excited for the new tour series release this week?

Not if they are anything like the 2020 run.... I bought 2 of them and they were the flattest and gummiest pieces of garbage i ever bought....

If the new run have the feel of the 2019 tour series plastic but are stiffer with DOME....they will be money.

Also, i love the new big ICON stamps but why the F@ck did they have to use the same stamp for both????
Its dumb..... Seems lazy and/or a missed opportunity for marketable differentiating artwork. I guess its better than what they had before...

All that said..... Love me some Quakes and Breakers. Those will stay in the bag for a long azz time.

Last edited:
Not if they are anything like the 2020 run.... I bought 2 of them and they were the flattest and gummiest pieces of garbage i ever bought....

If the new run have the feel of the 2019 tour series plastic but are stiffer with DOME....they will be money.

Also, i love the new big ICON stamps but why the F@ck did they have to use the same stamp for both????
Its dumb..... Seems lazy and/or a missed opportunity for marketable differentiating artwork. I guess its better than what they had before...

All that said..... Love me some Quakes and Breakers. Those will stay in the bag for a long azz time.

The good news is it sounds like they have moved away from the flex plastic and the run will be in swirly Proline so they should be stiffer than the last two years releases.

The good news is it sounds like they have moved away from the flex plastic and the run will be in swirly Proline so they should be stiffer than the last two years releases.

That's a nice change. The FLX PL wasn't great for fast drivers. I felt like it made the flight characteristics vary wildly too. I have a stack of Shasta Hurricanes, some fly like a Force, some closer to a Tern.

Notably this is the same move from their pro series Steady as well.

Picked up a 170-172 2021 Shastacane today. Yet to throw but it is stiff and even more esp like than other proline runs I've felt which makes sense because of the swirls. This one has a nice heart beat pop top as well.

Picked up a 170-172 2021 Shastacane today. Yet to throw but it is stiff and even more esp like than other proline runs I've felt which makes sense because of the swirls. This one has a nice heart beat pop top as well.

That ought to be the makings of an ideal distance driver for the advanced/pro caliber arm.

I'll have to grab a couple of these. Hopefully they are more consistent in flight than the 2019s. I have some that are almost force flight, and some that while brand new are flippier than the SP I've had in my bag for a few seasons now (and a couple in the sweet spot between those two extremes)

If i didnt have 7 new Traces waiting to be thrown i would be all over the domey hurricanes.

I dont see any light ones out yet. Would be nice to see a domey 170g.

If i didnt have 7 new Traces waiting to be thrown i would be all over the domey hurricanes.

I dont see any light ones out yet. Would be nice to see a domey 170g.

I'm going to unload my traces soon. Just doesn't quite nice with me BH/FH like a hurricane.

Hypercanes were released today - going to have to hear some reviews on these. Would love to cover all of my distance needs with hypercane and hurricane...

I'm going to unload my traces soon. Just doesn't quite nice with me BH/FH like a hurricane.

Hypercanes were released today - going to have to hear some reviews on these. Would love to cover all of my distance needs with hypercane and hurricane...

I picked one up but don't think I'll get to throw it for a couple of days. Not what I expected. I was expecting something force like but the rim feels smaller and it has a pretty noticeable dome. Looks and feels great though. Wish DGA had more reliable flight numbers though because there is 0 chance this should be a 13 speed.

I picked one up but don't think I'll get to throw it for a couple of days. Not what I expected. I was expecting something force like but the rim feels smaller and it has a pretty noticeable dome. Looks and feels great though. Wish DGA had more reliable flight numbers though because there is 0 chance this should be a 13 speed.

Hypercane
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.7cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 26.50
Flexibility: 11.93kg

Hurricane
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Thickness: 2.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.5cm
Rim Configuration: 27.00
Flexibility: 10.21kg

Force
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Thickness: 2.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.5cm
Rim Configuration: 26.00
Flexibility: 11.79kg

They all look pretty close to me. If they turn out to be a force+1 I'll carry one. Only would need it for the most overstable forehand distance shots and fighting wind.

Does anyone here bag both Pipelines and Undertows? Are they redundant, or is there enough speed/distance separation to warrant bagging both?

Background: I started throwing Pipelines in the spring as a replacement for Stags due to disc availability issues. Love 'em. Pipelines are probably my favorite mold right now. Meanwhile, my distance driver game has gone south dramatically. I just don't feel like I'm getting a good grip on wide-rimmed discs this year, and as a result am having major release issues on max D drives. I've been tinkering with stepping down in speed to Orcs, which I am releasing better but are just not a disc that I get a lot of distance out of. Ideally I'd like a disc that is similar in feel to an Orc but with a bit more dome and a bit less stability.

Does anyone here bag both Pipelines and Undertows? Are they redundant, or is there enough speed/distance separation to warrant bagging both?

Background: I started throwing Pipelines in the spring as a replacement for Stags due to disc availability issues. Love 'em. Pipelines are probably my favorite mold right now. Meanwhile, my distance driver game has gone south dramatically. I just don't feel like I'm getting a good grip on wide-rimmed discs this year, and as a result am having major release issues on max D drives. I've been tinkering with stepping down in speed to Orcs, which I am releasing better but are just not a disc that I get a lot of distance out of. Ideally I'd like a disc that is similar in feel to an Orc but with a bit more dome and a bit less stability.

I bag both. Pipeline for up to 310' and Undertow for more than that, maybe 340' max for me.

Undertow fits the less stability than an Orc that you are looking for, but I haven't come across one with much dome.

Glad you are liking the Pipelines.

I bag both. Pipeline for up to 310' and Undertow for more than that, maybe 340' max for me.

Undertow fits the less stability than an Orc that you are looking for, but I haven't come across one with much dome.

Glad you are liking the Pipelines.

Thanks. My distance is similar -- I can comfortably use Pipelines inside 320' and have stretched them up to 340' if I smash with favorable wind. I'm hoping that a disc in that 10 speed tweener range (with a Pipeline-like lateral wriggle) can get me back to hitting 330'-350' reliably rather than on rare occasions.

It's been a strange year, with my putters, mids, and fairways all gaining distance but my drivers going backwards in both distance and accuracy. :wall:

I'd say more overstable and longer than the XLs I've thrown. Closer to an Undertaker, if you have experience with those. Slight less overstable than an Undertaker.

Latest posts