• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Sound like the real deal. It is a little pricy, $20 but if it is so rare I dont know
if I could make myself throw it.
But since Im not a collector, theres no point in having it in the closet, so it
must be thrown. It only hurts the first time.

Sure looks like Proline. I was able to find one more picture of what appears to be a Proline Am Worlds on the interwebs. I wish Shasta Criss would hang out with us for a while and dump his brain information.

I have 5 Proline Hurricanes but no 1st runs. I'd hate to get addicted to those, but I'm tempted to get one for comparison.

They pair amazingly with the current run Prolines. My friend throws all hurricanes for his distance and his First Flights probably get an extra 30-50 feet for him.

I have a small stockpile of DGA proline breakers. I freakin love the disc. It is the perfect replacement overstable putter if you are tired of searching for flat rhynos.

A. Love hurricanes. Throw 3 atm, 2 SP 1 Pro. Parked a 500ft Hole recently with a slightly beat SP(newer run)
B. Cant live without my Breaker. have 2 2013 Worlds stamped that I can't get enough of.
C. Squals a lazer! its fast for a midrange, but it so darn fun to throw.
DGA does so many discs so well, probably getting a tsunami soon for headwinds

So Ive been out throwing the AM Worlds Proline Hurricane.
Wow this is a completly different disc. A little more understable but
with a buttload of glide. Really the glide on this disc is on par with the SP.
Compared to the new run of Prolines theres a world of diifference.
The current run I didnt even come close to the lengths I get with the SP,
but this AM one, cus its less stable, just glides and glides. Amazing disc!
When I compare my old and the AM, I se the PLH is 1-2 mm lower, the wing
of the AM is a good bit higher and the dome too.

Now I just hope that Discraft will make the new run similar to the first!

Let's try to get more DGA threads on the first page than there are MVP threads. Too ambitious?

Throwing the Breaker and Squall right now. Feels good man.

That's some multi-tasking. Have you tried SP Squall?

Have not. Advantages/disadvantages to Proline Squall? The P Squall I have is a comfortable straight with fade thrower right now, but I could be talked into a SP down the line if the flight is similar but the grip is better. The zipper bottom on these first runs are kind of slick and different.

The SP Squalls that I have fly similar but better than my Prolines. It's hard to explain but they go farther, are more dependable, and more fun. The Prolines slow down faster I think. I can throw SP a lot harder too. Same with Undertows. Same LSS and more HSS I guess. Any way I rarely throw my Proline Squalls or Tows since I discovered SP. Everything else DGA I prefer Proline.

Th sp squalls are sweet the ones i had were very straight. for me when new the proline give me a very gentle s curve where the sp is very straight with a slow foward fade. i think they pair nicely together.

I got a heavier Proline Squall from a DGA misprint pack. It has almost the same characteristics as my beat in one. I wanted a little more fade, but when snapped it holds pretty straight. I told myself no more this yr, but I know I'll eventually cave and get the SP Squall.

Another misprint disc I got was another Proline Rogue, but heavier. First of all, Rogues are pretty sweet. I've only thrown a few rds w/ my 166g, and it's very Wraith-like, but tighter, less fade. I threw it with a couple of my longest drivers, and they were all in a tight shot group.

The 166g has a slow sweeping turn that won't always come back for me. This 173g is noticeably more stable. It has a slight turn but more reliable fade back to center. I only threw it twice, but I had my buddy throw them both, and the stability difference was clear. With his snap, the 166 did for him what the 173 did for me, and the 173 faded pretty hard for him. Truth be told, he liked it so much, the 166g is his now.

How are y'all enjoying the Torrent? I have a few but I don't see me bagging one. I can throw my beat hurricanes just as far. They are great discs and go a long ways but I like to keep my bag simple.