• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand 1357

Man. Nose up is killing me. I tried to work on my fairways and distane today, but that nose up is just too much. I just love throwing putters and midranges. I can throw them really consistently (relative to my drivers) and also far (putters 330-50 midranges 330-370). Once I grab a driver I instantly feel inconsistency. There are days when I get that nose angle more down and get the drivers to 450-480', but that's just sometimes. I don't really understand where this nose up is coming from. It's killing me when I try to throw nice line drives with fairways, but then they just don't hold it straight and start rising up slightly.

It's not like the nose up is severe, but it's noticable and still inhibits me being confident with throwing them.

Anything obvious that causes nose up in my previous post?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's the way you aren't getting balanced/leveraged on your rear leg to make a quicker shift. You kind of fall over or push over to the left instead of leveraging forward off the rear foot/leg, so you aren't landing on your front leg properly and your right shoulder gets jacked up with your left shoulder landing/falling behind your front leg. You can see your front knee snap backward after you release in the side view.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sd paul rear leg.jpg
    sd paul rear leg.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Oh. So I should stack my rear knee on top of the rear foot for as long as possible? Now I'm letting my rear knee come forward too early?

Before I fix my rear leg, I'm going to fix my rotation a bit. I noticed I'm not rotating my shoulders back enough even in full power shots. Could that be a reason for nose up?

Should I think about looking back at the disc to rotate my shoulders more? I feel like consciously rotating the shoulders more will lead to terrible shots. Should I be worried about rounding when rotating the shoulders more? Or does rotating the shoulders more just make the illusion as if someone was rounding?

I think you are rotated pretty far back already on your rear leg, but you aren't leveraged or balanced enough on your rear leg to land more forward balanced on front leg which will help with nose down.

https://youtu.be/OSDnBuzt-o4

I was focusing on getting my stride linear, since that was the reason of my nose up problem. Right? But yeah. This looks awful. Like really awful. I don't know what it is with me and the straight stride, but something is really off everytime I attempt it.

I'm pretty sure it has once again something to do with my balance. When I look at Eagle, his head seems way more controlled and balanced during the whole motion. My head and whole balance is somehow off compared to Eagle, but I can't tell exactly what's causing it. That's why I'm here I guess? Lol.

You are leaning back too much behind your trailing foot instead of leveraging and gliding your body forward. Need to turn your femurs/knees/feet out in x-step like ballerina. Run sideways down a field so that you are gliding efficiently to your target.

k58fgQY.png

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.12.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 5.12.00 PM.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 125
But isn't that going to cause tipping over during the pull?

Wait. I think I get it. My front shoulder is stuck too high during the whole throw. I should lower it so it gets my spine more centered during the x-step and throw.

https://youtu.be/AQM7W3kasHY

Okay so I was focusing now on keeping that spine more straight during the x-step. Everything that I do seems like reaally similar to what Drk evns used to do. Everything looks pretty good, but at the same time something is fundamentally off. And yeah for sure it's my posture.

I know for a fact that this posture issue is by far the most common issue for amateurs, since it's so hard to get it right with such a light weight object.

I think I'm simply not understanding how to have that proper posture. I would start leaning back after the x-step to try and force my body not to tip over the front foot. But that's essentially cheating and covering up the actually reason to why I'm tipping over. Sure I understand what it looks like when I'm tipping over. The issue is that I don't quite understand what's causing it and definitely don't understand how to fix it.

Sorry for not understanding lol.

You need to accelerate/hop up off the right foot going into the x-step over extended rear leg.
You are sinking/slowing down on your right foot going into the x-step.
Note how much taller Avery got from from 1 to 2 while you got shorter.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sd avery level.jpg
    sd avery level.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 442
Wow that could definitely be one of the main reasons for my tipping. No wonder why Eagle's head looks so balanced and level. He extends the rear leg during and coming from the x-step. And I'm sinking the whole way and losing my posture immediately.

Hard to see much in dark and blinking lights and speed changes. :sick: Normal speed video is all that is needed.

Looks like you are stopping or pausing/slowing down on your rear leg and extended back too early and not really winded up on the rear leg like bow and arrow or sling shot - door frame drills!

Try the left foot hop:

Looking good there! I think you are extending your front leg just a little too far away going into the plant, instead of letting it hang from the hip more.

Latest posts