• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio

June 1st-3rd, 2012

We want to invite all Ohio and Michigan DGCR Members to the first Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio. The Battle will take place in the greater Ann Arbor, Michigan area at Hudson Mills and Kensington Metro Parks. Bring your friends and family and come for the weekend.

Information

Players Packs
We will be selling a player's pack for the event. Items have been voted on and the packs are to include:

1 Glow KC Pro Roc
1 Champion TL
1 Dri-fit Polo
1 Acrylic Event Bag Tag

Price: $35.00

The price is well worth it. The discs will be custom stamped for our event, along with custom artwork on the bag tags and polo shirts. The bag tags are very professionally done with the custom artwork that we choose and each are individually numbered, just like bag tags for club events.

*You do not have to purchase a player's pack to attend, however, once the deadline for orders has passed no additional packs can be ordered and there will not be extras at the event for purchase.

Prizes
If anyone has anything they are willing to donate for prizes that would be great. Discs, shirts, hats, anything really, just contact an event coordinator via PM with any donations.

Disc Golf Events
  • Team Event (2 Rounds)
  • Singles Round
  • Ace Race
  • Glo Round
  • Ring of Fire
  • CTP
  • Ace Pots (Optional)

*All events are free to enter (excluding ace pots). Prizes will be donations provided by those attending the event.

Event Coordinators

Confirmed Members

Ohio

Michigan

All members wishing to attend please RSVP to an event coordinator via PM. Please include the following in your RSVP: number of people in your party, days you will be attending, whether or not you plan on camping, and if you have any interest in a player's pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested to come up and just throw some discs. I don't really care about competing or getting a players pack though.

You are more than welcome to just come up. I haven't talked to the other two, but competing nor buying a pack is required. Everyone should keep in mind though, those that attended the Ohio meet can vouch, all competitions are all based on having fun and are played very casually. There will be prizes for winners, but nothing too extravagant and there is no payment required to enter, all events are free. I'm sure all those who have attended will say that playing in the events is just like playing in a group of friends on the course.

Its going to be a pretty laid back event. Battle for the Border might sound a bit intimidating lol I'm sure if you just want to come and throw that shouldn't be a problem.

has serious possibilities- have friends in ann arbor. hopefully in the summer to guarantee warm weather...

Maybe I will compete then, that sounds like a fun atmosphere. I just don't enjoy the really tense sort of rounds as much as I do the "for fun" rounds.

Never tense with any meet that we will ever do, just think of it as a bunch of friends getting together and throwing a round. it will def be when the warmer weather comes around

what course(s) are you thinking about?
are you guys going to bail like flip city? :p

Maybe I will compete then, that sounds like a fun atmosphere. I just don't enjoy the really tense sort of rounds as much as I do the "for fun" rounds.

Most competitive rounds are pretty fun, even in the tournaments I've played :)
This sounds like a cool idea, bragging rights for team Michigan :clap: :thmbup:

what course(s) are you thinking about?
are you guys going to bail like flip city? :p

Haha, no bailing. We have a list of courses around the Ann Arbor are to choose from. We are going to post the list in a poll and go with the course(s) that the majority wants with all of the others being close enough that people will be able to play them throughout the weekend.

The list will probably be as follows:

Hudson Mills (Both Courses)
Independence Lake - Red Hawk
The Black Locust Course
Bass Benton
Rolling Hills

Once we have a base course I will provide camping info and we will start a poll for the dates. Right now we are thinking last weekend in May through the third weekend in June as options so that the possibility to play the Toboggan course is there as well for those brave enough to take the challenge. I haven't checked into that, as far as when the course will be in the ground so that might change. We won't be having any events at the Toboggan but it's definitely worth catering to it, I know a lot of people would love to get the chance to tackle it.

has serious possibilities- have friends in ann arbor. hopefully in the summer to guarantee warm weather...

I really hope you all can make it. We know we have our work cut out for us getting the southern Ohioans on board for this, but we will definitely make it worth the trip and there is some amazing golfing to be had in the area.

Actually looks like the USADGC is the second weekend in June, so we would not want to choose that weekend, but maybe the last weekend in May or the first weekend of June would be best, but like I said, we'll get a poll up and probably just go with what the majority wants.

All the rounds at the Ohio meet had a very casual atmosphere. Three of our foursome in the singles round were concentrating on helping the one noob player we had on our card. It was fun.

I'll be there.

Count me in. Email me as SOON as you have a date so I can put my request off work in.

Will do man. I'll try to keep everyone who posts and I know is an active member up-to-date on what's going on by either PM or visitors message.

I'm stoked and i hope everyone can join. Were really just looking for a casual meet with some good times and fun prizes.

These three discs are part of the prizes. All 1988 Worlds stamp.

picture.php

Latest posts