• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rolling Hills and Cass Benton, IMO, are too far away from the others. If we're there on a weekend Toboggan is open, it's all a moot point. That will likely be the only course we play that day.

Rolling Hills and Cass Benton, IMO, are too far away from the others. If we're there on a weekend Toboggan is open, it's all a moot point. That will likely be the only course we play that day.

Well we want Toboggan to be there for folks to play, but we don't really want to hold an event there. It's too difficult of a course for everyone to have even a remote shot at a fair chance.

I haven't talked it over with everyone but I think it would be a good idea to not go too heavy on planned events. Maybe like Friday do the ace race thing and then the team event on Saturday with the Singles round sunday. that would be just a couple of hours on each day with the rest of the time open for people to play whatever courses they choose.

Couldn't make the C'Bus meetup, so I'm REALLY hoping that I can get there for this one. Thinking of making it a weekend getaway with the fam -- there's stuff in and around Ann Arbor for them to do while I'm on the course.

Not sure I'm ready to brave the Toboggan course yet -- my distance is getting better but I'm still pretty noodlish.

Alright, I have sent out visitor messages to everyone that I know from Ohio and Michigan that is an active member. If I skipped over someone, I apologize, everyone pass the word along to anyone you know that might attend. It's going to be fun folks.

I won't be able to make this one unless it's after November 18. I have more than 20 tournaments I'm signed up to play plus another 8 that I will be running, including a points series. I hope this one turns out just as great as last year. :)

We'll probably let this thread go for a couple of days, then we'll post the course options in a poll and go from there. I just want to make sure there is enough interest before we get all gung ho on the planning. It's looking good so far though, I'm sure we won't have any issues getting enough people to come out for this.

Another idea I just had is since we are planning on doing this multiple times, if it goes well, is to have some sort of trophy that we pass back and forth from year to year to the winning team. Sort of grudge match style.

I'll be in Ann Arbor for a wedding on July 14th, so to save me a trip and vacation days we should make it then :thmbup:

Yea, im for sure down For this .. as long as im somehow kept up to Date on this ...

Thank you so mutch for the Heads up roadtripstuff

Hudson Mills Would be my vote for course ...
if we meet early enough we can involve the monster and original ..

Im always Game to get Casualy Whooped On ~ :p
& id only have to drive a lil over an hour to do it ...

SideNote: .... I am also open to Side bets ... For those who Like competition ...

And im sure everyone is open to Bringing, Buy Sell Trade Items .. ?

Last edited:
Id like to come. The sooner theres a set date the better.

I frequent all of those courses. Imo, hudson or indy is probally best.

As far as the tobaggan, while i love playing there and am usually there for most of the time its open, its not really the best course to make friends...

I would say that we'll have the location and dates set by the end of this month. Hopefully that should be plenty of time for everyone to get their plans made and get the time off work if need be.

Wood Pecker, The Govna, and I were thinking end of May early June, like I said so the Toboggan course will be in. Hopefully that will be good for everyone, I know Mobster wanted July, but we lose a course at that point and a damn good one that everyone should play at least once in their disc golf careers. So go ahead and plan on that time frame.

id like june 2 and 3rd with hudson mills being the base..but thats just my opinion..this is looking good real quick