• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sweet. once we get a poll on the courses we will poll for the dates, and 1,2,3 will def be one suggestion. i'm thinking a weekend event would be best...

I've got it set on my mind and will see as the date gets set and closer. Would love to be there.

For those of us from the Ohio meet; are the tags up for grabs in a singles round for those who are there?

If we vote on courses I can already tell you all my votes are going to toboggan. That course looks so fun! But I'll be happy to try any course I haven't played before.

If we vote on courses I can already tell you all my votes are going to toboggan. That course looks so fun! But I'll be happy to try any course I haven't played before.

The Toboggan is going to be more of an extra course, we aren't planning on holding an actual event there, but I wanted it to be in the ground for anyone that wants to tackle it. What we'll do is have one course for the team event, one for the singles, and then the rest of the time will be open to play all of the rest of the courses casually. There's tons of great, great courses all around the area for everyone to enjoy.

^^yep yep, we will have scheduled events but there will def be enough time during the weekend for people to play that course if they want.

Poll for the courses is up guys and gals, get your votes in. Pick the top two courses and they will be used for the singles and team event. The others can and most likely will be played throughout the weekend, along with a few other good ones in the are, like I said the Ann Arbor area is chalked full of great courses.

never playing these courses, i'll have to vote from pics and reviews, but i don't see the black locust course, or is it listed by a different name? so far i'd have to go with cass benton and rolling hills, but i'd like to here from locals... and i have no idea what the Toboggan is.

never playing these courses, i'll have to vote from pics and reviews, but i don't see the black locust course, or is it listed by a different name? so far i'd have to go with cass benton and rolling hills, but i'd like to here from locals... and i have no idea what the Toboggan is.

Here ya go I've played all of the ones on the list, plus another couple that didn't make the cut. The Toboggan course is a temp course that is set up a month out of the year for the AM Nats in June. It's a long, brutal course for only the strong at heart.

Cass is normally packed with local chuckers, from what I understand, so it may be tough to get any kind of organized event going there. Rolling Hills (or Ponds at Lakeshore, which is another good option in Ypsi) would be too far away from Hudson Mills and Indy Lake to make it really worthwhile. Right now I'm liking the Hudson Mills, Indy Lake, Kensington combo. Both Hudson Mills courses can be easily done in 1 day, which I'd recommend because there is a $2 wrist band you're required to have, as well as parking. Black Locust should be on a 1-event day to give people the Toboggan option later in the day if they'd like. All are great courses within a short drive of one another and we've got CJ's in the middle of all 3. CJ's is a great party/disc store. Prices are a bit higher, but being a brick and mortar, you'd expect that. Already looking forward to the end of May :D

depending on the time I should be in.

I wish we could have this battle at my personal favorite DGc in Michigan.

Victory Park in Albion. Camping , cheap motels and nicer hotels are all in the area and the other DGc we could play any in the Battle Creek (Begg park is a fair DGc)/ K-zoo area.

Sh1t no, man. I don't wanna live in MI. I mean, Ohio got Toledo, Michigan got the UP, they already won that war.

Who won there really? Can we say no one won since isn't the UP like the biggest welfare area in Michigan? If thats really the case, that's saying something with Detroit in the state.

The UP. A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Hey, you guys in Michigan have to take the jabs from Ohio. Who else are we going to belittle when we have Cleveland?

kfrad...michigan might have a dirty thumb but the rest of the state is sweeet..except that big hole in the ground in ann arbor..seriously that stadium reminds me of a toilet

Latest posts