• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For you guys that haven't played Indy, you'll love it. Out of all the courses listed I personally thinks its the best. I've played all of the courses listed and a couple others in the area and Indy has everything you look for in a championship course, yet its playable by various skill levels having three sets of tees, although I think the red tees were natural. If that does end up being one of our chosen courses you all won't be dissappointed.

All that said all of these courses are pretty good.

Hudson Mills is such a nice facility, the courses are great, they have a snack bar with hot food, hamburgers, fries, chicken, etc. Nice clean restrooms, I think it would be perfect for our group. There is also some great camping really close by as well. Whichever courses we end up playing will be great though, they are all very nice courses.

Are we going to try to set up a glow round again on Friday night?

The nine-hole Bandameer course in Ann Arbor is a great Glow opportunity. Night golf can be played there year-round since the gates never get shut. While only 9 holes, there are three sets of tees for considerable variety. Mostly woodsy holes = easy searches since there's not much tall grass to hide discs in. Closing times at most other area courses aren't late enough to allow night play during the summer months. I'd suggest golfing elsewhere during the day, taking in a local brew pub for supper, then a trip to Bandy to aid in digestion.

god this looks awesome! I may try to get up a NC -VS- SC .... there may be fights.. :p

Good call on Bandemer, It's not that far from Hudson/Indy, and it's on the shorter side, so we (theoretically) wouldn't have to look very long for our discs :D

I'm down for the glow round, like sunny d in middle school. :p we could always do a portable basket set up as well. but if there is a course near by that isn't too bad thats something we can look into! Thanks for the feedback guys!!

god this looks awesome! I may try to get up a NC -VS- SC .... there may be fights.. :p

I think you're a little late there bud. Check the DGCR Meets sub forum. I think it was last year or the year before, either way someone beat you to the punch on that.

As for the Glo round I would say a definite yes after the fun that ensued last year, not sure though whether we should go with an actual course or do what we did for the ohio meet and make our own at the campground. Plenty of time to get all that figured out th ough.

Looks like Black Locust and Indy are neck and neck. Both are great courses for sure. If it does end up being Black Locust I know the perfect spot for all of us to camp, its going to be ****ing awesome.

I'm hoping to make it for more of this one. Fiance has family in that area; so I got an angle that she can visit family while I go disc golf.

As for the Glo round I would say a definite yes after the fun that ensued last year, not sure though whether we should go with an actual course or do what we did for the ohio meet and make our own at the campground. Plenty of time to get all that figured out though.

Either way is fine with me. I'm not sure where we'd be camping, but Bandemer is right off US-23 on the North side of Ann Arbor, a real quick drive from Indy

Looks like Black Locust and Indy are neck and neck. Both are great courses for sure. If it does end up being Black Locust I know the perfect spot for all of us to camp, its going to be ****ing awesome.

Any reason we couldn't do both? I'm assuming both Hudson Mills courses will be done on the same day because of the cost to park and the wristband.

Either way is fine with me. I'm not sure where we'd be camping, but Bandemer is right off US-23 on the North side of Ann Arbor, a real quick drive from Indy

Any reason we couldn't do both? I'm assuming both Hudson Mills courses will be done on the same day because of the cost to park and the wristband.

I figure that all the courses on the list and some that aren't, but we are only going to schedule just a couple events, to give people more free time to play whatever courses they choose, and the poll winners will be the courses where we hold the events. So let's say Hudson Mills and Black Locust are the top vote getters we will probably be doing the team event at Hudson Mills and the Singles round at Black Locust then the rest of the weekend will be free for whatever.

Also just so everyone is aware, Hudson Mills and Black Locust are the same park system and once you pay to play at one you can play on the other as well as long as it is in the same day.

Indy Lake and Rolling Hills are the same way, once you pay to get into Indy you can play Rolling Hills the same day at no extra charge.

i like vogies idea..we could do the hudson stuff for one day and the other 2 on another day.

Cass's 2 biggest problems are chuckers (commonly referred to as C@ssholes) and upkeep. When I was there 2 years ago, there were trees lying down all over the wooded fairways and some SERIOUS erosion on the open elevated fairways. From what I hear, it's worse now. I'd still play it again though :hfive: