• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I think that's the only weakness of the comet. The cross and headwinds. Sure you can still make a great shot in the winds with it but it's finicky.

I bag a 169g esp comet for straight or turnovers and a 178g z comet for loooong smooth semi hyzer lines.

But for wind I use a 177g champ roc3. The champ roc3 is very over stable and since it's champ I'll stay that way for at least a year even in my heavily wooded course.

I should have mentioned that I do have a Wasp that I like, but for my noodle-arm, it is plenty overstable. I've been using the DX Roc3 as an in-between for the Wasp and Comet, but looking to find that disc that I can buy in a durable plastic and stick it in the bag and forget about it.

BIG Z COMETS

We asked... and we received. Need to figure out when I'll be able to find them in stores!!

Pumped for these. Liking the stamp too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-23-11-26-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-23-11-26-49.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 99
I have to be honest, I'm not really a fan of that stamp. I think it would have been cooler with one of the old stamps. That one is a little too... I don't know... The Comet is a classy disc, okay? That stamp is not.

We asked... and we received. Need to figure out when I'll be able to find them in stores!!

Pumped for these. Liking the stamp too.

I've gotta say I love the stamps on the big z discs. They just look so much better than the traditional discraft stamps.

Yep. When I get one that stamp is getting the acetone.

And I agree. Please let these have some dome.

Now someone get one and report back.

GottaGoGottaThrow will have the big stamps and the "old" stamps LE release up tomorrow. Don't throw the disc, so I'm not dumping premium money on it - but they looked cool. I think their Big Z stamps were daiquiri blue and chartreuse.

Recently tossed my comet into a pond, and I'm wondering if I should just replace it or look for something new. To give you an idea, I was throwing a semi-new 170 X comet for point and shoot straight shots, and slight, slow turnovers, and the next disc i'd like to get should be able to do those things.

I also lost my flippy Comet recently. All I have left are heavy, stable Z Comets... do I try to break one in?? I'm thinking yes; but I do like them flippy.

Possible replacements I have are a 150 Star Stingray, a medium weight GL Fuse, a heavy Tangent, a Flying Squirrel.... But it's just not the same as a Comet. I might dig up a Stratus and see how those fly nowadays.

I also lost my flippy Comet recently. All I have left are heavy, stable Z Comets... do I try to break one in?? I'm thinking yes; but I do like them flippy.

Possible replacements I have are a 150 Star Stingray, a medium weight GL Fuse, a heavy Tangent, a Flying Squirrel.... But it's just not the same as a Comet. I might dig up a Stratus and see how those fly nowadays.

I keep an X comet for a flippy one and use the Z on most other shots.

Just ordered a 174 Z Comet (Pink). This is a mold that I've been interested in for a long time. Never thrown one. Curious too find out if it may knock a mold I currently use. I've tried most of the other Discraft kids (Drone, Hornet, Wasp, Buzzz, Zone) and was fond of every one of them that I've tried. My Wasp/Buzzz combo is very solid but the Comet may bump the Buzzz. Will report back in a few weeks.

my comet knocked the perfectly beaten in champ leopard out of my bag. I use them for the same shots (long tight fairways) and now can get the same distance out of my comet.

Latest posts