• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DBag Story of the Week

Coincidentally, it still does...

If you are referring to me making fun of you for not knowing what a grammar nazi was, I was just playing with you. Settle down, no reason to start a vendetta. :thmbup:

If you are referring to me making fun of you for not knowing what a grammar nazi was, I was just playing with you. Settle down, no reason to start a vendetta. :thmbup:

I've had enough action for awhile, I was just adding to your comment. It wasn't directed at any one person.

just a cautionary tale, do not post illegal revenge stories or say you are going to do anything illegal on the site. If some guy gets beat up over a $8 chunk of plastic you will get blamed and when you think about the work you are going to do to "take this guy down" remember it is just plastic. Not worth a DGCR infraction or an assault charge....unless it is CE, in that case kick is @ss :p

I'm not aware of any laws I'm breaking if I gave a thief the stink hand. I would need proof but even if that broke a law it would be worth it. The machete comment was humor. I don't worry that some act of violence that I don't have a part in will be blamed on me just because I make some off color jokes on this forum. But I do wear a tinfoil hat at times. :thmbup:

I had a run in one day with a local 1000 rated player. I had a white star Dart I was messing around with and trying out. When I was done I was carrying it under my arm and he said "What do you got there?".

"A disc" I says.

"Oh really? Is that my Aero?" he says.

"No" I says.

"Can I see" he says.

"Did you lose yours on the course or something?" I says.

"No it just looks like mine" he says.

I showed him the disc and that it was not an aero but a dart and he just walked away with no apology or anything.

The major problem is playing at Blendon. The day my friends decide that the likes of Hoover and Griggs are better will be the best day ever.

Last summer, 2 guys arrived at Blendon and one of them said "Free frisbee day!" I noticed them leaving after their round and the one guy had at least 10 discs (he arrived with 2), claiming that he found them. Shortly after, I had some people tell me that they thought those dudes were hiding in the woods and stealing people's discs. One guy swore he saw his land to the right of the basket on hole #2, near the fairway of #5, when he got there it was gone. Those dudes were playing #5 at the time.

That's my DBag story.

If someone ever stole my Element at Blendon, may they get their junk bit off by one of the wild turkeys at Blendon.

they shouldnt have taken your disc but if you asked me and i said i didnt have your disc and then you asked me to look through my bag cause you didnt believe id be pissed too and probably tell you to kick rocks. i definetly wouldnt let you look through my bag tho, may sounds like a guilty man but its my stuff and if i tell someone i didnt take their shhiit and they dont believe me thats their problem

they shouldnt have taken your disc but if you asked me and i said i didnt have your disc and then you asked me to look through my bag cause you didnt believe id be pissed too and probably tell you to kick rocks. i definetly wouldnt let you look through my bag tho, may sounds like a guilty man but its my stuff and if i tell someone i didnt take their shhiit and they dont believe me thats their problem

If I knew I group was behind me and I forgot a disc on the previous hole and came back to look for it and found it was missing I would totally ask the people behind me if they found it and ask to look through their bags. I am poor, and tons or other people are! I cannot afford to lose $10-$12 discs because someone is being a *******. I agree it may be rude, but no more rude than some a-hole trying to steal your disc.

Last edited:
I don't think I would be very offended if someone asked to look through my bag. I would just politely tell them no and be on my way. Ya never know, the person asking could have bad intentions & point out some random disc claiming its theirs and create a unnecessary scene.

If its looked upon that asking to look in someone's bag isn't rude then I don't think denying someone to look is rude either.

there is no shame in bag checking. ive had to do it numerous times, and had my bag checked also. if your innocent, whats the big deal in letting someone glance thru?? they cant touch my sht but they can look.. it takes a few seconds to hold the balance of the whole course.. must be one of those "when it happens to you" deals- i hated losing plastic to some punkas$ thieves

Not to sound like a db myself, and not trying to take sides, but unless you play with all custom dyes and ink every disc, it'd be pretty easy for a random jerk to ask to bag check you, and start a scene claiming one of yours as theirs. That being said, I've got some good disc karma this week. Returned a no ink champ ape and a really REALLY faded elite Z XL yesterday to thier owners. The XL had been lost for 6 weeks, and on another course than the owner lost it. Dude was so stoked to get it back, he gave me a clear cryztal Z stalker. The champ ape owner responded to a facebook post on our local groups page. I put up the hole and day I found it, and he knew the color and type of disc.

The problem with the whole looking in others bag deal is that if someone really stole it, they likely stashed it in their bag. Most players i see with dg bags usually have the top open anyways, so unless you are going to really rifle through it, i dont see the point.

Let some dude try to rifle through my bag for his crappy innova disc and i will quickly let em know that they couldnt pay me to throw that wack color, crappy innova disc.
.....Even better, let it be a foriegn brand ;)

there is no shame in bag checking. ive had to do it numerous times, and had my bag checked also. if your innocent, whats the big deal in letting someone glance thru?? they cant touch my sht but they can look.. it takes a few seconds to hold the balance of the whole course.. must be one of those "when it happens to you" deals- i hated losing plastic to some punkas$ thieves

So is it ok for a random person to come up and ask to check your wallet because he lost a dollar bill a few moments earlier? Is it ok for a cop to walk up and randomly strip search you because you look "suspicious"?

I'm sorry but if someone wants to physical touch or have me go through my bag they better have a damn good reason, otherwise I will tell them to get out of the way and let me throw.

So is it ok for a random person to come up and ask to check your wallet because he lost a dollar bill a few moments earlier? Is it ok for a cop to walk up and randomly strip search you because you look "suspicious"?

I'm sorry but if someone wants to physical touch or have me go through my bag they better have a damn good reason, otherwise I will tell them to get out of the way and let me throw.

This is a bit different, stop comparing apple and oranges.

If you forget a disc in the basket on the last hole and you KNOW you have a group behind you and your disc "disappears" and the people behind you "didn't" see it the odds are extremely high that someone in the group bagged it...and you should ask to to check their bags.