• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

What's the difference in flight characteristics between a domey destroyer vs a flat one?

Do you guys also like the Boss? They have similar flight characteristics, right?

I prefer the boss, it seems a little faster, it can do pretty much anything depending on plastic and weight, and i would say the blizzard boss is the best of the blizz

Has anyone tried a metal flake yet? I picked up a blue max weight that is moderate to high dome. Wondering if she will be a pig or if is will have some nice glide like my broken in S/DS.

Anybody?

My experience with Destroyers, the more the dome, the higher ratio of bacon. I've seen some flatter metal flake Destroyers in the 167-170 range that are wicked awesome for distance, but anything above that with any dome are basically AJ's.

Last edited:
Getting ready to head out to the Local shop to pick me up some Star Destroyers to go along with my Pro Destroyers.

I was going to get me a TeeDevil and thought "naaaah,I'll just go with the Destroyers."

I've been throwing DX Destroyers for about a year now, didn't wan't to invest too heavy if i wasn't able to throw them. (Tight ass syndrome) They have been a godsend for my distance control game. I purchased a new mid 160's DX a few days ago, got two throws with it and launched it into a lake. Since I need to replace it, I am looking to just set the bag up with varying degrees of stabilty in Destroyers.

It has been a little confusing trying to understand the differneces in plastic type and production runs. This thread has relieved me of that stress thank you very much.

Picked up another 167g DX in white.
Traded for a new 167g Pro in Pink.
Ordered a 169g Star in white.

We'll go from there. Thanks for the thread Booter, cleared up a bunch of ****zu for me.

I LOVE the Destroyers, I carry 3-5 at all times. 168-172g

-CFR Glow flat tops are nice and stable to overstable.
-Star Bottom Stamps start stable and break in slow to perfection
-Echo Star Destrulcans...hey someone has to throw them
-Champ Blizzard Destoyers seem to be more stable than the boss in blizzard plastic

PLEASE PM ME WITH STAR BS DESTROYERS, I PAY GOOD MONEY!

I'm Destroyer fan through and through, it is the only distance driver I trust for just about all shots. It's also the biggest distance disc in my bag. In fact when I was at worlds and every one was bombing Blizzard Boss' and Elite X Nukes in the distance comp my biggest throw, 567', was with a 175g S/DS. Still good enough to net me 4th in advanced. With that type of D I really have no need to carry anything else.

Yeah it was fun, about the only fun I had at worlds, played terrible, but it wasnt the Destroyer's fault I literally only drove it off the Tee twice. Charlotte's courses be tight homie.

Bottom stamped and flat tops are where it's at. I carry 4 stars, one always in the 167-170g meat hook range and a few regular 175g's in various stages of wear. I have a question, do many pros throwing mids 375+ on any line skip fairway drivers all together and just use Force/destroyer type disc for most lines 400-500ft? or do they get similar 400-500ft distance with say a teebird with a different line shaping ability? I am trying to decide if I should ditch the fairways just because I can do almost anything with a destroyer or buzzz that I can do with a teebird or other fairway. Only difference I really notice is a fairway will fight forward a little more on a soft hyzer line where the warp speed discs fall off and skip off line.

love the hell out of my sds lately. man its just at that sweet spot but not quite flippy. i throw my first run off the tee alot because its easier to work but my bottom stamp sds has been money lately. love it!

anybody want some old pro ds? i have several new ones id trade for pre avery stars?

Yesterday at Roy G I made a last minute decision and took out both go to Destroyers and put a beat Starlite Boss and a new Quasar in their place. Bad Mistake. Gave up serious accuracy to gain 10 to 15 feet of distance. Those discs are just too wide for my hands. Destoyers are just the right size for me.

Yesterday at Roy G I made a last minute decision and took out both go to Destroyers and put a beat Starlite Boss and a new Quasar in their place. Bad Mistake. Gave up serious accuracy to gain 10 to 15 feet of distance. Those discs are just too wide for my hands. Destoyers are just the right size for me.

Starlite Boss?!

Starlite Boss?!

Early on the star bosses only went down to 169. Then they found a new plastic blend that would allow them to go lower but the discs came out flippy. Then they figured out a way to "stabilize" the lighter discs. Hence 166, 167, and 168 Star Bosses are called "starlite" bosses.

My Babies
7681661282_a88e84fdd3_b.jpg