• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

With 2 different courses being played , couldn't the women have tee times similar to the men's field ? The women's tour is looking so promising and entertaining this year that they could almost have their own tour ,, why couldn't jomez cover 1 field and smash box cover the other , vice versa

Jomez doesnt do live streams...

The DGPT wants to show both FPO and MPO lead cards live. I don't think they would want to stream both at the same time even if they had the equipment to do so...

There are some events where the FPO and MPO are on separate courses. Ledgestone for example...

Last edited:
3/6/19 14:00 pm Central.
This A-tier ended 68? hours ago and the payouts still are not posted on the PDGA results page.

PDGA Tour Standards require them to be posted within 24 hours.

Yes, I did contact the TD instead of just simply complaining.

3/6/19 14:00 pm Central.
This A-tier ended 68? hours ago and the payouts still are not posted on the PDGA results page.

PDGA Tour Standards require them to be posted within 24 hours.

Yes, I did contact the TD instead of just simply complaining.

Out of curiosity, why do you care? Not trying to troll.

(I'm working under the presumption that neither you nor anyone you know personally participated in the tournament. I could be completely off base on that.)

Quoting the linked article:

!n the lead up to The Memorial Championship presented by Discraft, the DGPT planned to release both MPO lead and chase card post produced next day coverage. During preparation for coverage as well as during the start of the broadcast, those plans of producing and releasing MPO2 next day video were still in place. However, due to issues experienced during round 1, the decision was made to delay the release of post produced MPO2 footage to instead focus on MPO1 coverage for the remainder of the event. We do plan to release the MPO chase card coverage in the near future and we want to thank Nate Perkins who was scheduled to commentate on the chase card coverage for being flexible with our plans and understanding of the situation. We look forward to being able to produce chase card coverage the next day alongside MPO1 in the future.

(Emphasis added.)

Quick, deploy the passive voice to increase the distance between us and the thing we did!

https://youtu.be/CHzZ53Vx8nM

Briefly looked back to see if this was covered.

McBeth act of "dog." I was wondering what happened during this situation (live coverage didn't show the green cam). Paul reacted at the T like he went out, then the crowd cheered.

A dog kicked his disc from OB, over the wall, back in bounds...

Has me curious; I know spectators are part of the game/play, but can there be some sort of "play as it should have been" rule/guideline/what have you? Thinking back to the water bottle incident a year or two ago, and this (both favorable and not), just think these are unfair obstacles/benefits not everyone gets.

Obviously a very difficult thing to implement, more so food for thought. I'm fine with bad/good luck, too!

Has me curious; I know spectators are part of the game/play, but can there be some sort of "play as it should have been" rule/guideline/what have you?

The problem is that we can only say with certainty what actually happened, or where the disc is actually lying. If we open the door to speculation, it can be speculated that the disc ended up anywhere. Next thing you know, someone's arguing for like fifteen minutes that they put a particular kind of spin on the disc that would cause it to not only flare skip in bounds, but then land, pop up, cut roll towards the basket, lose momentum near the basket, and flop over underneath it, and that was their planned shot all along, if only it hadn't hit that wadded-up Skittles wrapper in the OB area, which totally changed the angle of the shot. . .

I think everyone knows someone like that. I would hate life if we took them off their leashes.

After watching this past weekend's coverage I have a new favorite FPO player. She might not be the longest thrower, but the poise and putting of Maria Oliva was enjoyable to watch.

https://youtu.be/CHzZ53Vx8nM

Briefly looked back to see if this was covered.

McBeth act of "dog." I was wondering what happened during this situation (live coverage didn't show the green cam). Paul reacted at the T like he went out, then the crowd cheered.

A dog kicked his disc from OB, over the wall, back in bounds...

Has me curious; I know spectators are part of the game/play, but can there be some sort of "play as it should have been" rule/guideline/what have you? Thinking back to the water bottle incident a year or two ago, and this (both favorable and not), just think these are unfair obstacles/benefits not everyone gets.

Obviously a very difficult thing to implement, more so food for thought. I'm fine with bad/good luck, too!

This is my first of any memorial coverage I've seen, and at first I couldn't even tell that the dog kicked it in, cause it wasn't 1080 since they pulled all their video from the compressed broadcast instead of the cameras. But after going frame by frame a couple times the dog totally kicked it in with it's back legs, crazy.
Really begs the question, do the spectators really need to be THAT close? You can see the sidewalk is the delineation of the OB, so is it that hard to just stand a little off the sidewalk? or like farther away than leaning over the OB line? They're practically in the circle.
As for the play as it should have been rule, that would be a wording nightmare, and they'd also have to rewrite 801 C
A thrown disc that strikes a person or animal is played where it first comes to rest.

This is my first of any memorial coverage I've seen, and at first I couldn't even tell that the dog kicked it in, cause it wasn't 1080 since they pulled all their video from the compressed broadcast instead of the cameras. But after going frame by frame a couple times the dog totally kicked it in with it's back legs, crazy.
Really begs the question, do the spectators really need to be THAT close? You can see the sidewalk is the delineation of the OB, so is it that hard to just stand a little off the sidewalk? or like farther away than leaning over the OB line? They're practically in the circle.
As for the play as it should have been rule, that would be a wording nightmare, and they'd also have to rewrite 801 C
A thrown disc that strikes a person or animal is played where it first comes to rest.

It's a public park. I don't believe they can prevent anyone from walking/standing on that sidewalk. I think the argument could be made that the hole itself shouldn't be where it is, that putting the basket that close to a sidewalk is a bad idea. The hole, as I understand it, is brand new to the course, so the potential issues may have not been thoroughly considered. But I think that speaks to the myriad downsides of public park courses in general, especially for events of this level, as much as it speaks to the quality of the design.

I seem to recall a version of hole 18 has been used in the past. The tee might be newer. Quite a few basket anchors are near the walkways but maybe the ones used for daily play are the ones farther from the walkways. Some holes have 5 pin placement options. Sidewalk interference plus streets at Fountain are a regular issue at both courses with pedestrians supposed to be given the right of way even during events since I'm pretty sure neither site can be fully reserved, just the courses.

Havnt a clue what type of insurance dgpt events or national events carry, but that hole seems insane , especially with the way eagle played it last round ,, a spike hyzer to the face, head of spectator or anywhere on a child , and that's gonna cause serious injury ,, if I'm playing for $5000 that weekend, I be damn if I want a dog kicking my opponents disc back inbounds !! Borderline bush league

Someone posted a video from another angle and it's not the dog but the foot of the spectator.
https://giphy.com/gifs/xAEYstkXFsCEf1UdRo

So to me it's like when a golf player hit a very bad drive but spectators gets hit and saves some bigger trouble for the player. If you want spectators, things like this will happen.

Someone posted a video from another angle and it's not the dog but the foot of the spectator.
https://giphy.com/gifs/xAEYstkXFsCEf1UdRo

So to me it's like when a golf player hit a very bad drive but spectators gets hit and saves some bigger trouble for the player. If you want spectators, things like this will happen.

Thank you for posting this. Very cool and lucky. To me it looks like the dog kicked it, and it rolled over the guys foot and jumped back over the wall.

Latest posts