• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Green Mountain Championship Sept 3-6

Putting is starting to get boring, they just never miss. .i´m looking at the drives and then i can do something else. . the putt IS going in

Lead card is just on fire to start the round...

KJ 6 for 6
Eagle 5 for 6
Conrad and Heimburg 4 for 6

:eek:

This has become one of my favorite tournaments to watch. You've got two contrasting types of courses and both are compelling in their own way. Brewster is a tough wooded course, but not unfair by any means. Tough enough that -18 seems unobtainable but a course record -13 can be had if someone is consistently hitting lines. Fox Run has the wide open fairways with contrived OB lines that we all complain about, but it's good on TV and offers a contrast to the tight wooded holes. So 4 rounds where the winner has to demonstrate distance, accuracy, endurance and strategy. Love me some GMC. :thmbup:

Jones shot 1081, 1091 the last 2 rounds. Wow. Will be really fun to see if he can hold off Paul and Eagle tomorrow.

The Fox Run Meadows course, especially in any amount of wind, is one of the most deceivingly difficult courses you will ever see Pros play. It looks wide open but there is OB lurking EVERYWHERE. It is so damned hard, even for these caliber of players.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who absolutely loathes disc golf on ball golf courses and other wide open layouts. I can't even stand watching the coverage of those tournaments, it's just so B-O-R-I-N-G. Basically the same wide open distance shots over and over and over, and with no penalty for being off your line. Fox Run couldn't be any further from that.

Yeah, even the whites are tough in calm conditions. Shot a +7 with 6 birds, 3 pars and the rest bogey or double. Went OB 10 times, and one of my birds (Hole 7 the Par 5) was with an OB stroke. Started -2 thru 2 and then went OB long on 3. Here's to hoping for a better day than my first round (+10) on Brewster, and a bunch of wind.

Jones shot 1081, 1091 the last 2 rounds. Wow. Will be really fun to see if he can hold off Paul and Eagle tomorrow.
I like all 4 players on lead card but really hope KJ can take it because I think it would mean maybe he has found that final round mental toughness that can be so elusive. This sport is much more exciting with several top players.

I don't think he can take it easy though because any one of those guys is capable of a course record tomorrow. So is Ricky.

Should be great to watch!! Most scenic course I've ever played. Video doesn't do it justice.

Paul heard Calvin was wearing the 1980s glasses, so he decided to go Lime green with horizontal stripes with Zubaz long sleeves.

I'm too old and too square to know what is being worn ironically and what's not.

Paul heard Calvin was wearing the 1980s glasses, so he decided to go Lime green with horizontal stripes with Zubaz long sleeves.

I'm too old and too square to know what is being worn ironically and what's not.

It was hard to notice his face, cuz you just couldn't help be focus on those huge, square , red specs.

So was Calvin just rocking those specs for the 1st tee shot? Cuz I haven't seen them since.