• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf CALLED "LAME" BY....

Messed up

Obviously these paintballers have been hit in the head a few too many times. Have you seen their spelling? I am not disrespecting their sport for I have not tried it myself so I am not to judge, but based on how they write on their forums, a few of them probably lack some higher reasoning compacity.

I used to be into paintball hardcore. Honestly, if it wasn't for the price, I would rather play paintball than disc golf. Some of my biggest adrenaline rushes have been playing paintball. Nothing like running around a field with 1000s of projectiles flying everywhere.If you have never tried it, I'd highly recommend it. However, since it does cost upwards of $70 for each day of paintball plus buying the equipment (you could also rent), disc golf has replaced it.

There are a lot of younger kids who play paintball. A lot are < 15 years old. And this age is evidenced on the forums. Just remember on those forums, a lot of them are middle school kids.

"dude frisbee golf is fun. im not joking it really is fun. you know ppl who havnt played paintball might think that paintball is stupid and not a sport. so try not to judge things until u have acctually tried them"

one guy said this, sorry if it's already posted, but I'm didn't look through all 3 pages yet. But yeah, I hate people who just make assumptions, there's fags in paintball just like there are in everyother sport who just hate life

paintball costs sooo much money too. balls costs like $80 for 2000 of them, those people on the paintball forum prob go through +2000 each time they play.

I read most of the posts in the Paintball forum. I have had relatives and friends who were paintballers. I have no doubt that paintball is a physical sport that requires skill both mentally and physically. For them to generalize the fact that disc golf is a hippie sport for homsexuals is to have never seen the sport played. We all know how difficult disc golf can be. The thing that really got me in that forum was the overwhelming amount of spelling and grammar errors. I know that we are not error free in this forum, but from what I have seen most of the posters in the forum are very aware of how to spell words in the English language correctly. This one fact shows how little some in the paintball forums care about others or how the rest of the world sees them.

I respect other people and what they choose to do on thier free time. I understand that not everyone enjoys the same things. I understand the struggle and the feeling that most DGers have when people bash the sport as a very casual hippie sport. I can understand that piantballers often have negative sterotypes attached to the sport. Getting the public educated on the actual truths of any underground sport can be hard. Bashing others for playing a sport they have never tried or know nothing about is down right ignorant and uncalled for. I am a pround disc golfer and I will do what I can for the sport.

there was a few ppl there who even stood up for disc golf, and there buddys turned on them, calling them gay...what good friends lol!

I read most of the posts in the Paintball forum. I have had relatives and friends who were paintballers. I have no doubt that paintball is a physical sport that requires skill both mentally and physically. For them to generalize the fact that disc golf is a hippie sport for homsexuals is to have never seen the sport played. We all know how difficult disc golf can be. The thing that really got me in that forum was the overwhelming amount of spelling and grammar errors. I know that we are not error free in this forum, but from what I have seen most of the posters in the forum are very aware of how to spell words in the English language correctly. This one fact shows how little some in the paintball forums care about others or how the rest of the world sees them.

I respect other people and what they choose to do on thier free time. I understand that not everyone enjoys the same things. I understand the struggle and the feeling that most DGers have when people bash the sport as a very casual hippie sport. I can understand that piantballers often have negative sterotypes attached to the sport. Getting the public educated on the actual truths of any underground sport can be hard. Bashing others for playing a sport they have never tried or know nothing about is down right ignorant and uncalled for. I am a pround disc golfer and I will do what I can for the sport.

haha, that first paragraph is hilarious, and I like the second one too

Considering the lack of grammar, its safe to say a bunch of those dingbats are under 25 trust fund brats who get their paintball money from the allowance mommy and daddy give them. Their comments really say a lot more about them than it does their sport of choice. There's really a disgusting sense of contempt from folks who can afford things towards others who cannot. I say, piss on 'em.

Speaking of guns, there is something similar to paintball called "Air Soft". I think its where you have those guns that shoot those soft pellets, and it plays similar to paint ball.
And if you think what they said about us is bad, you should hear what some paintball players say about airsoft.

Hell, I'll bet some of the guys on there have played disc golf and enjoyed it, but are too afraid to speak up about it.

Well first of all, all the calling people gay and turning on each other is typical of the 14 year olds on PBN as anyone who has been in the paintball scene knows.

But really, paintball is a freaking blast, the problem is the ratio of cost to fun. I'd say I had more fun playing paintball than disc golf but it also cost me $800 for a marker (DM4), $200 for a tank, $100 for a hopper, another $200 for a few decent mods, and then about $60 to $100 every time you play. What a waste of all my saved birthday and Christmas money. Honestly, I regret wasting all that money on it because I barely got half of it back when I sold everything. Now if I'd had my parents buying it for me (like the kids on PBN, and that's a fact for lots of them), I'd have stayed with it but I also would have been a total douche.

Disc golf on the other hand (disk golf?) hasn't cost me more than $200 total for my bag and discs, which is about even to 2 or 3 days playing paintball if you already have the equipment or rent it. Disc golf is a much better value for sure and a heck of a lot more fun and everyone is A LOT more chill in the community (ie there are hundreds of paintballing War Eagles ;))

And the physical thing is kind of a joke. We walk around and throw things, they sprint 20 feet and move their fingers. Unless you're the lame kid playing back, then you just sit there.

Edit: I also just want to throw out there that if you've never played paintball, find a course and rent some gear and play with your friends! It's awesome and worth the price if you haven't ever played for sure and you're just going to play one day, it's when you start buying everything and come back every weekend that it starts to lose it's shine and suddenly your wallet is empty.

Last edited:
Most of them on there are probably under 25. It is either a sad reality about the youth of America and its education or a total lack of caring about how uneducated they sound. How hard is it to use correct spelling and grammar. The whole text message shorthand gets out of hand. It drives me nuts and makes it very hard to read, let alone take anyone serious.

I was into paintball for awhile (but not like I'm into disc golf) and I don't really think you can call it extreme. Your biggest risk of injury beyond any other sport it a bunch of little bruises if you get shot a bunch. EXTREME! Plus, nowadays a lot of paintballers wear armor so they don't even get the bruises. I always thought the bruises were half the point.

And don't even get me started on the stupidity of airsoft...

I was thinking this same thing. Extreme sports are things like snowboarding, skateboarding, bmx'ing, motocross. You don't see people breaking bones or even dying (mainly motocross) on a regular basis in paintball... Paintball seems like fun, and I know a lot of people that play it, or have played it. It's always "I don't know if I can go this weekend dude, I can't afford it". And a lot of them disc golf that I know.

I read most of the posts in the Paintball forum. I have had relatives and friends who were paintballers. I have no doubt that paintball is a physical sport that requires skill both mentally and physically. For them to generalize the fact that disc golf is a hippie sport for homosexuals is to have never seen the sport played. We all know how difficult disc golf can be. The thing that really got me in that forum was the overwhelming amount of spelling and grammar errors. I know that we are not error free in this forum, but from what I have seen most of the posters in the forum are very aware of how to spell words in the English language correctly. This one fact shows how little some in the paintball forums care about others or how the rest of the world sees them.

I respect other people and what they choose to do on their free time. I understand that not everyone enjoys the same things. I understand the struggle and the feeling that most DGers have when people bash the sport as a very casual hippie sport. I can understand that paintballers often have negative stereotypes attached to the sport. Getting the public educated on the actual truths of any underground sport can be hard. Bashing others for playing a sport they have never tried or know nothing about is down right ignorant and uncalled for. I am a proud disc golfer and I will do what I can for the sport.

I fixed 5 spelling errors in your post. The funny thing is, the first time through I didn't even notice them, unlike their posts. Basically typos. When I read their posts, it was overwhelming with ignorance and 15 year old mentality. I see this a lot on gaming forums, it's just anonymity meets ignorance, meets e-peen.

Most of them on there are probably under 25. It is either a sad reality about the youth of America and its education or a total lack of caring about how uneducated they sound. How hard is it to use correct spelling and grammar. The whole text message shorthand gets out of hand. It drives me nuts and makes it very hard to read, let alone take anyone serious.

hey now! I'm 19 -_-

Last edited:
Obviously these paintballers have been hit in the head a few too many times. Have you seen their spelling? I am not disrespecting their sport for I have not tried it myself so I am not to judge, but based on how they write on their forums, a few of them probably lack some higher reasoning compacity.
LOL. Who knows, some of these guys might do all nighters and need some crank to help them stay awake.:eek: Not to stereotype paint ballers as a BUNCH OF CRANKHEADS, we know how that feels.:(

The thing about paintball is that after you've been playing for a while (say, ten minutes) the fumes get to your brain and you start hallucinating things like [insert what you read on their forum].

Guys, the post he's referring to is from 2006/2007. No reason to dig up old stuff and I certainly hope nobody posts there. Let it die.

lol, yeah. I've played just about every sport ever invented. Whether casual or for competition. I Was a 3 sport varsity athlete in hs. Football, Basketball, and Track, all for 4 years. Those are all a lot tougher than paintball. Now I haven't played at a competitive level in paintball so take that as you will. But when I play (have gone 5 times) most of the people are just there to have fun, but you always have people decked out in 'Ghost Recon' gear and have +$1000 worth of equiptment.

Those people whine so much. I shot one once and after the round he was complaining and I thought he was actually going to shoot me off the course. I mean give it a break. HolySchnell you nailed it when you said the thing about spending their parents money and being spoiled. Jeez those guys are ridiculous.

hey now! I'm 19 -_-

I am under 25 as well. I just think the bad grammar trend is more on the younger end of things. Not to generalize too much. I have respect for people who take the time to be coherent.

Latest posts