• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft thinning the heard

You know, I keep going back to the Wasp and find myself choosing it over the Buzzz a lot where the same shots are concerned. Z Wasp seems to have better glide than Z Buzzz somehow...IME anyway. It handles power way better.

I tried the Buzzz, it was esp and board flat, I thought it sucked. Thrown others, that one really turned me off.

My bet is that the Ace Race 2017 disc is an OS mid in between a Drone and Hornet, probably called the Yellow Jacket.

Well, I think that putts a fork in it for me.
No more FLX, their D line plastic sucks, not enough molds in ESP and I can't throw Z-line and that seems to be all they make anything in now (too slick for me).

I'll go out and get a few more Comets (before they make them only in Z or drop the mold all together) and say ta-ta, nice to have thrown you, but I'm moving on

All I know is that if Discraft gets rid of the Surge and Nuke I'm done with them. I love those two molds. Buzz too. I highly doubt the Buzzz will ever go anywhere. It has to be one of their best sellers.

I don't see much hype on the Surge anymore, but I still think its one of the better drivers around. I've always liked them better than the (comparable) Wraith.

All I know is that if Discraft gets rid of the Surge and Nuke I'm done with them. I love those two molds. Buzz too. I highly doubt the Buzzz will ever go anywhere. It has to be one of their best sellers.

I don't see much hype on the Surge anymore, but I still think its one of the better drivers around. I've always liked them better than the (comparable) Wraith.

I would think the Nuke is way safe. Not as sure about the Surge, but I agree it's awesome. ESP Surge is one of the few drivers I've bought multiples of. With Crank/Nuke/Force/Surge, they have some very good offerings in the 11 and over range.

Dyed discs do sell. To whom I'm not sure, but I find them steadily in lakes. I agree they're cool to look at, but impractical on any course that has dense weeds or foliage. The dye pattern on many of these discs makes them borderline impossible to find in the weeds.

Also figure dyed discs cost at least $5 more than regular ones.

Ditching the Flash and Crush means Discraft basically has no 10 speed drivers anymore. If Innova got rid of all their 10 speed drivers people would be pretty upset.

Z Flash isn't OOP. Just the flydye version.

http://discraftfactorystore.com/collections/out-of-production

I would think the Nuke is way safe. Not as sure about the Surge, but I agree it's awesome. ESP Surge is one of the few drivers I've bought multiples of. With Crank/Nuke/Force/Surge, they have some very good offerings in the 11 and over range.

I still have 2 ESP Surges in the bag. Its so damn versatile. Surprisingly long too. It'll still hang with anything out today. Good finesse disc too, can be thrown on many different lines. Never really got into the Z Surge. It was a bit weird. Usually flat and glideless.

Haven't thrown enough of the Crank to come to a solid diagnosis on it, but so far I like it.

Haven't thrown enough of the Crank to come to a solid diagnosis on it, but so far I like it.

I really like it in the heavy weights. ESP and Z have been best for me.

I had one Z Surge and lost it. I have a Cryztal sparkle surge that is really nice. Needs a little more power than the ESP, but super long and a little better for forehand.

I'll go out and get a few more Comets (before they make them only in Z or drop the mold all together) and say ta-ta, nice to have thrown you, but I'm moving on

The Comet sells just fine. It's only the fly-dye Comets they're retiring.

I gotta say that I saw the XL going OOP coming but did not expect all these other molds/plastics to go too. I have been throwing the XL for a long time but just recently switched it out for the Mantis/Undertaker combo for my fairway slot so I am not too bummed about it. Anyone else find it strange that they are ditching XL and XS but not the Xpress? I never see or even hear of anyone throwing those anymore.

Anyone else find it strange that they are ditching XL and XS but not the Xpress? I never see or even hear of anyone throwing those anymore.

I noticed this too... they were all from the Elite Pro era and the XL must have been the most popular, making getting rid of the XPress seem like a no-brainer. Not to mention they have so many US fast mids and fairways between the Xpress/Glide/Impact/Stratus/Archer...

I love the X XPress though... Like a slightly faster leopard and really low profile.