• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Does Anyone Still Cycle Rocs?

I disagree but agree that verdicts are great.

After losing a turnover Roc I started throwing DX Rocs and DX Cobras. It takes me way too long to get a Roc to the point of holding a turn.

I finally have a real KC Pro Roc cycle going: one that can be hyzer flipped, and a straight to fade, and will be adding a fresh third one.

i do have a USDGC champ rancho roc for shorter OS duties. I've actually thrown it a lot and is seasoned so I might start a new USDGC rancho to double down on the roc cycling.

also winter is coming... so that means putting away the precious seasoned rocs when temps dip into the 40°'s

Comets are a Winter bag staple for me. Rocs come out at the end of daylight savings; you can tape lights to the bottom of a Z Comet and use them for glow golf + you don't crack your Rocs in the cold.

Comets are a Winter bag staple for me. Rocs come out at the end of daylight savings; you can tape lights to the bottom of a Z Comet and use them for glow golf + you don't crack your Rocs in the cold.

This is exactly what I do come winter. All my Rocs are white so I don't want to lose them in the snow, neither do I want to crack them in the cold. It's always a joy to bust out the two Z Comets I have, a beat flippy one and a new straight one. I pair them up with a Z Wasp for more stability.

I have a DX Roc cycle going. Tried a lot of mids, just click with the Roc. I carry two, one new, one beat to almost straight and an ESP comet.

When the cold weather comes, I switch to a G* roc3 and my Red ESP Comet.

I just got my rocs to the point of being s real cycle. DX that turns over really well, DX that goes nice and straight maybe a little turn, DX that fades a little, KC that still fades a good bit. I could beat the turnover rock in a little more, looking to get it like my oldest aviar, about 20 degrees of hyzer big, giant hyzer flip to turnover machine. I just need a longer version and this roc is getting there

Yes. I couldn't play without at least 2 Rocs.

I have a fairly beefy Glow Roc3 that is really flat for holding any line in most conditions w/ a strong finish.

A well-seasoned 1x FT Roc3 that flies DEAD straight with a slight hyzer, but can me manipulated into a lot of lines. Flies likes a brand new flat Mako3 basically. More HSS though.

I finish it up with 2 or 3 KC Pro Rocs of varying years and wear. They just keep getting more US as I go down the line.

The ONLY shot I am missing is a RocX/ RocOS/ RocPro type of disc. Give me a Roc, with Hornet stability or 4x Kenny Glow stability and I will never need a another midrange mold.

Yes. I couldn't play without at least 2 Rocs.

I have a fairly beefy Glow Roc3 that is really flat for holding any line in most conditions w/ a strong finish.

A well-seasoned 1x FT Roc3 that flies DEAD straight with a slight hyzer, but can me manipulated into a lot of lines. Flies likes a brand new flat Mako3 basically. More HSS though.

I finish it up with 2 or 3 KC Pro Rocs of varying years and wear. They just keep getting more US as I go down the line.

The ONLY shot I am missing is a RocX/ RocOS/ RocPro type of disc. Give me a Roc, with Hornet stability or 4x Kenny Glow stability and I will never need a another midrange mold.

Z Wasp good sir. Or a VIP Bard if you're okay with a slight jump up in speed.

Z Wasp good sir. Or a VIP Bard if you're okay with a slight jump up in speed.

Agreed 100% on Bard.

It's the beefy RocOS that folks are looking for. The rim does increase speed a smidgen but stability increase subdues distance to make the increase pretty irrelevant.

I will never again fawn over Champ Rocs bc of the Bard locking that slot down in my bag.