• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elevated Baskets...

Do you like elevated baskets?

• Yes

Votes: 71 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 38.3%

• Total voters
while this hole does look beautiful, i'm not a fan of the pin location, especially raised. it will often just lead to people throwing it on the pin instead of being able to go for it. this seems boring :(

The only hole in this thread I've played, you actually can run at it from most directions without too much risk. There's a decent amount of beach behind it where it's easy to end up, giving you an extremely vertical shot up the retaining wall and the picnic table. Also, it works great with the seasonal nature of the course, as it is taken out during the picnic season.

#15 at Moeur Park in Phoenix:
2592d63d_m.jpg

I love it. great way to make putting harder, as it should be.

Why? Whats the reasoning behind making putting harder?

For the record, I dont think raised baskets make putting harder. It just makes roll aways more often.

I like when designers use the natural landforms to make great putting. Having the risk of water hazard close to the hole, having a steep drop off near the hole or some-other obstacle that makes you think twice before going for a putt.

Stump/log hole

Thought about how to incorporate this big log into the hole design and then decided to make it the hole! The log is HEAVY and immovable and has a couple natural steps in it for those who cannot just reach in and get their disc. It took some work to get the sucker cemented into the log but it's solid. The log won't last forever but should be good for years. It's on a private course.
IMG_4574.JPG

Latest posts