• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

If you're looking to rally people to save HBH, you're probably in the wrong forum. Few here are local, and even fewer have skin the game, financial or sweat.

If you're looking to rally people to save HBH, you're probably in the wrong forum. Few here are local, and even fewer have skin the game, financial or sweat.

And many of those that live nearby know of John's charlatan ways and his inability to focus enough on a project to be an effective manager and upkeeper.

I mean, I love HBH and I hope John does turn it around. It is just tough to invest hope for that place unless John shows us that he can do better.

And many of those that live nearby know of John's charlatan ways and his inability to focus enough on a project to be an effective manager and upkeeper.

I mean, I love HBH and I hope John does turn it around. It is just tough to invest hope for that place unless John shows us that he can do better.
John is not interested in turning anything around. He's in liquidation mode. I think that he will continue to sell whatever he can, then he'll take the money and run. I'm hearing that he's backed in a corner by his creditors and has nowhere else to go but to the poor house or jail. I predict resurrection.:thmbup: i told MM this morning that i would back him up 100% on this and I meant it.

Last edited:
John is not interested in turning anything around. He's in liquidation mode. I think that he will continue to sell whatever he can, then he'll take the money and run. I'm hearing that he's backed in a corner by his creditors and has nowhere else to go but to the poor house or jail. I predict resurrection.:thmbup: i told MM this morning that i would back him up 100% on this and I meant it.

But....but......

"Looked me right in the eye and told me this....."

Hey, I don't know the guy, and from this distance have no idea. For the sake of the locals there who are willing to step up, I hope it works out......with or without the current owner.

Oof. It took a while for this to finally come to thr cliff's edge. I'm just thankful for all the epic rounds I have thrown on those beautifuly designed courses.

I'm not against putting in work out there though, for the sport, regardless of my disputes with UP Mountain Man, if the disc golf can be resurrected there. I suppose only time will tell.

For now, R.I.P. "Mecca".

I mean, if it was under completely new (i.e. better, responsible) management, I might could be convinced to put some money into it....

Still not really clear what UP MM was trying to convey though...

Yeah, I don't follow, either. If John has just been infused with a little fresh cash from basket liquidation...it's still a facility going down the death spiral. If someone else is buying all the property and John is backing out the door, I give it a shot. Might even drive the 6 hours up there to work a day or two. Granite is one of my favorite all-time courses and Blueberry #2 needs to remain in existence, if at all possible.

Most of the land is now owned by the Roger/Ann Trust. Only bits and pieces are on John's land. It looks like half of gold and a portion of blueberry are owned by various people.

Who owns the baskets he sold? If they came from holes not on John's property, could they be considered stolen?

Who owns the baskets he sold? If they came from holes not on John's property, could they be considered stolen?

Maybe but probably only if the new owners want to make a case that way. And that only really happens if they think there is value in the old baskets and wanted to use them.

They may look at it as a cost to get John out and be willing to eat that.

Myself and I'm sure I could get a group of friends would certainly be willing to help out with some work days for sure. As far as any monetary help unfortunately a no go for us

I recently moved out of WI but likely moving back to northern area. I basically wanted to say that Mountain Man is one of the most genuine/honest/nice/great guys who has put in tons of work on courses and done nothing but gone above and beyond for anything disc golf. I know nothing about this situation or what's going on? (Is MM friends with Roger/Ann and that's who John "sold" the baskets to?) I'm curious what "resurrecting hbh" means and what his plans are. Obviously he doesn't want to share otherwise he would but I feel it's fairly exciting news or at a minimum something hopeful for that place.

From what I have read, mostly here, John never paid for the baskets to begin with.

That was my understanding too. The last Worlds there required baskets from both Chuck Kennedy and the PDGA, and neither were ever paid for them.

Isn't that why the PDGA no longer has events there?

That was my understanding too. The last Worlds there required baskets from both Chuck Kennedy and the PDGA, and neither were ever paid for them.

Isn't that why the PDGA no longer has events there?

That was the scuttlebutt.

However if those entities wrote off the loss, then the baskets probably actually belonged to john/highbridge hills and were possibly his to sell.

I recently moved out of WI but likely moving back to northern area. I basically wanted to say that Mountain Man is one of the most genuine/honest/nice/great guys who has put in tons of work on courses and done nothing but gone above and beyond for anything disc golf. I know nothing about this situation or what's going on? (Is MM friends with Roger/Ann and that's who John "sold" the baskets to?) I'm curious what "resurrecting hbh" means and what his plans are. Obviously he doesn't want to share otherwise he would but I feel it's fairly exciting news or at a minimum something hopeful for that place.
He's talking to everybody with skin in the game like he said. There are lots of things happening right now as we speak, I know he's been very busy the last couple of days, and I know he's deadly serious about what he's doing. I have a really good feeling about what I think is about to happen, and I'm very excited for the future of Highbridge.:thmbup:

I promise everyone a book when the time is right. Gonna be a doozy

The things I've learned while doing due dilligence the last three days just have to be shared. It's been an eye brow raiser, even for me, piecing together the entire relevant factual history of this place.

I'm not only referencing the "you can't make this **** up" stuff. I've also heard a books worth of "history of HB feel good stories" that beg to be shared.

Actually, there's another volume worth of stories about the true HB hero's, the many talented and exceptional people who have spent a year or two of their lives working for their dreams of Highbridge Hills.

Other than that, I can't say much right now. But I will say that I'm changing my vote of resurrection to a prediction of rescue, resurrection, Mecca.

Latest posts