• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
14sf9dc.jpg

Hey everyone. I picked this up at a local place that sells used discs. I have no idea what it is so any help would be appreciated. It says Millennium Golf Disc on the front. The ink is worn off on the back but it almost looks like there is a letter S on it? Definitely looks like another letter after that as well, maybe ST or SA. Any help would be appreciated.
zk5zc7.jpg

Anyone have any idea what this is. Not trying to keep bringing up posts, but just seeing if its worth bringing to the MP. Thanks again.

So I was told this was a Starfire. It feels like a starfire, but I have only been able to find this exact stamp as a Cryztal Z Wildcat. I have never held a Wildcat to compare. The thing is on the back it has "INNOVA..... RANCHO CUCAMUNGRO, CA" I don't have the disc with me so I expect I misspelled that word, oh well. So, I do not think this is a Wildcat but I do not know if starfires had this stamp.... I am a little curious thanks for all the help!

View attachment 26538

View attachment 26539

yeah it could also be a starfire X too the early CFR were Xmold...but hard to tell without holding it.

Hey guys, long time lurker - first time poster. I found this disc playing a course in NC while I was out of town for a friend's wedding. I called the number on the disc and the guy I got a hold of said to keep it. A year or so later I registered my first (and only) ace while using it at my home course in College Park, MD. I've grown to be really comfortable throwing this disc and would love to find out what it is! I wish I hadn't covered over the guy's contact info or I would have called him back to ask.

Here's what I know about it:

- It feels like Star plastic to me and has a star stamp on it, which I understand means it is a first run edition.

- Its flight pattern and speed are similar to that of a Wraith.

- The writing on the underside that would normally identify it and give its weight is very faded, but I think I can make out a zigzag pattern in the writing that makes me think of a 'W' or several 'V's. Maybe a 'W' and a 'V'.

Pics:
Top:
2db82605.png

Bottom:
8cfbca53.png

Side (with Champion Beast as comparison):
d6926a5e.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

stable star vulcan methinks

Nikon00002938.jpg

okay so what is the story on these? seems really domey and no pat numbers so i think it is just a wraith with metal flake but how many of these are there out there? other sitings? trophy only?

That purple metal flake is gorgeous. I have seen another because I remember commenting on how The Champ wasn't in the list of the Star Team so is he Galaxy Team? Ha ha.

But I want a 2002 CFR Aero. Can it be considered last run CE if its from 2002? As far I understand Champion didn't exist before CE and after CE there was a phase of special blends that included CE and then the Champion as we know it came out after that. So should I jump all over this new 2002 Aero for $25.

There was a big frivolous lawsuit frenzy over having patent #'s on things where the patent had expired. The law said you could be fined up to $500, and some quack judge ruled that it should be interpreted as $500 per offense. So basically Innova and Discraft could be sued for false marketing for up to $500 for every disc they sold with patent numbers after the patent expired, which they were since bottom-feeder lawyers sent people into stores looking for every patent number they could find. Anyway, the whole thing was a big deal for a few years as tons of lawsuits wandered through the courts. At some point the ruling was overturned or the law was ruled unconstitutional or something that made it all go away.

At any rate, the crosshatch was the first step by Discraft to get rid of the patent number.

0703121554.jpg

Anyone have any info on this stamp??????????????????????????????????????????????

looks like a skull surrounded by kegs.... the skull appears to be drooling and there's a chain for some reason.
that's all I got... I'll be here all week :)

LS Polaris Long Straight Driver CE?

Hey guys, I am not crazy familiar with CE plastic but this feels crazy fingerprinty just like the other few CE discs I own. Does anyone have any idea if these were made in CE plastic. The mold is Rancho. 8/10 171.1. Thanks as always.
2wollqx.jpg

Hey guys, I am not crazy familiar with CE plastic but this feels crazy fingerprinty just like the other few CE discs I own. Does anyone have any idea if these were made in CE plastic. The mold is Rancho. 8/10 171.1. Thanks as always.
[IMUG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2wollqx.jpg[/IMG]
I'm pretty sure it's Pro plastic. The CEs are only 1.12 QPLS I believe.

Can anyone tell me the history of the little wing stamps? seen one at my local shop in the used section and almost picked it up cause i though it was special but wasnt sure. If anybody could give me the origin and backround on these things i would apreciate it .

Can anyone tell me the history of the little wing stamps? seen one at my local shop in the used section and almost picked it up cause i though it was special but wasnt sure. If anybody could give me the origin and backround on these things i would apreciate it .

From what I heard it was a group of disc golfers who set up a buying group to get the discs they wanted for cheaper or to get the stamps they wanted on it. DGCR member Discwrangler was the one I got the info from and it may be worth sending him a PM for more info.

Any info on this disc? I don't know the mold(leaning towards old mold Beast) or any background on the stamp. Sorry for the phunky pics. Thanks...

68890_lg.jpg

68195_lg.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's Pro plastic. The CEs are only 1.12 QPLS I believe.

Just want to clear up your comment

First you are right its pro.

But there is no 1.12 QPLS...just PLS runs with CE blend. They show up in 1.12-1.13 M-PLS runs. But not all 1.12-1.13 are CE. in fact they are all just a CE-pro blend. They actually don't show any added durability or stability associated with true CE

Now there are true CE era QPLS. These are from a 2003 CFR run. They show up in a handful of Texas tourney events circa 2003. They can be found with Mill bar stamps and a Waterloo club stamp. They also have recently been mixed in with the new stock runs of QPLS. Mainly in 160-169 weights, heavies are long gone. The plastic resembles the old opaque KC "CE" stuff.

And that's the history of the CE Polaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.