• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Last week in iL... Anyone who wants to play tomorrow morning or afternoon PM or txt me.

Gonna be at black bear at 10am, then BG willow stream at around 5!

Ya Roman, got a better paying gig still working at the paintball company. But moving to Fort Wayne Indiana.
Any recommendations on courses around there? :( gonna really miss the variety of courses around here and weekly bg leagues But ill be back to visit and play the squaw gold course when its ready.

Black bear as of Saturday had covered teepads but there were paths thru the snow from people playing so you didn't really have to tread thru deep snow like last week.

With this warm weather today, I'm expecting super muddy/wet conditions.

Gonna be ace hunting today, been too long since I've seen or hit an ace.

BG tonight woo-hoo! I got my boots.

Black bear was soaking wet. Beautiful day... Lot of lost discs and torn apart animal remains all over the place with this melting snow.

I went and played lippold after work today. Trucked through about 2 2 and half feet of snow and turned an 18 hole into 9 hole due to my roommate having to make it too work in time. Played pretty good though for not playing in 4 months.

Ya Roman, got a better paying gig still working at the paintball company. But moving to Fort Wayne Indiana.
Any recommendations on courses around there? :( gonna really miss the variety of courses around here and weekly bg leagues But ill be back to visit and play the squaw gold course when its ready.

Black bear as of Saturday had covered teepads but there were paths thru the snow from people playing so you didn't really have to tread thru deep snow like last week.

With this warm weather today, I'm expecting super muddy/wet conditions.

Gonna be ace hunting today, been too long since I've seen or hit an ace.

Hey Arnie...def hit up Discflinger if you're gonna be in "The Fort." Last I heard he's in that area. A good guy to hang with, and he can show you the best of the best there. :thmbup:

Think thats the guy alan told me about yesterday... Thanks for heads up juke!

:thmbup:

Also, I know you'll be farther away now that you're moving to IN, but if you make it out to the South Bend/Mishawaka/Osceola/Elkhart areas, hit me up! :cool: :beans:

I'm sure grey fox is fine. There were two guys out there the other week taking care of the tees. But, anywhere you go it's gonna be just how you kids like it, EXTRA sloppy!
Screen-Shot-2013-05-30-at-2.18.09-PM.png

^Asks them to "hold the slop" when ordering sammiches. ;)

Thinking about combining DG and baseball with my son: Tigers v. White Sox 7PM Sat 8/30 in Chicago. Plan would be to leave Motown Sat AM, hit a course, (probably won't have time for a 2nd 18 holes Sat, but maybe a niner), catch the game. Hit a couple of courses Sun then head back.

I knew Chicagoland had a bunch niners, but it seems like a lot of the 18's are fair to middlin' as well... :\ Maybe you guys are just more honest/objective with your reviews than most locales?

Katherine Legge, Community Park (Channahon) and Highland Park seem to be the best in the area. Played Highland a few years ago, and thought it was quite good. Would you locals say these are the best quality courses for someone trying to catch a ball game? Eagle Ridge/Civic Center seems good as well. Am I likely to have traffic issues getting from Channahon to the Ball Park?

Are there leagues at these courses that I might want to avoid in the interest of time? If so what days and times?

Also, are any of the niners (Central Park, perhaps) really good? I played Mason near Cincinnati, and actually thought it was a very good course, so I think it's possible.

Trying to make this an enjoyable trip, and thought planning ahead would be wise. Any local info/advice would be appreciated!

The best selections to get to the south side ball park would be courses where you can get to I-55 easily. This puts Channahon, Highland Park, and KLM at the top of the list. Eagle Ridge is a good course, but it'll take more time to get to. Another option if you want to get more than 18 in on Saturday is to hit The Oaks in Mokena. 27 holes with three different lengths of tees.

Most of the niners are not worth the travel.

In August, leagues are all mid-week. I have no tournaments on the calendar that weekend either (at this time), so you should be good there.

^ Community Park and Highland are proven winners from what I hear, Eagle Ridge is excellent from my experience. Travel time to the city from either of those three will be well over an hour.
As for 9 holers, Central Park in Oak Brook is very good, it was recently redone. It is also about half the distance away the city from any of the three above.

You could always play Summit again.

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! :D