• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

says the guy who is making claims MVP didn't replace their beefy vectors...lol Yeah those damn beefy vectors :wall:

I wonder what happened to the Latitude Fanboys...?

Also how about this: Ill buy an atlas as the "DGCR atlas" and test it out send it away to another member as long as they do the same and keeps it rolling.

Either too busy fawning over their "pretty" plastic or they realize they can't argue consistency as effectively as MVP.

Why would MVP ever buy back or replace the old run ions? Those things are ****ing sexy. 2nd run ions with the smaller bead are absolute money, and the plastic is a better feel than Neutron. If I could find a stockpile of 2nd run textured blackies, I'd empty my bank account.

MVP = consistency

lol

I loved it when Dave D. said that even in normal discs the majority of the weight is in the rim. This seems to get lost on people. There can't be that much weight in the center/flight plate ... it's very thin compared w/ the rim.

Since you missed my point, I would like to see you walk into a store and replace your first run Vector with any old Vector off the shelf and have it fly the same. I'll wait...

I actually did do that.. :) one 176 clear super beefy FR and just picked up a 176 green proton with the same exact dome and 100% USDA Black Angus.

That being said-- you do need to watch dome vs flat runs and neutron vectors are generally flatter, less stable in my experience. So is MVP perfect no but that's impossible in this industry and its the effort that counts.

Its OK that MVP makes a good products and people support that-- I am not looking for claims of perfection as you could only be let down then.

the hate in this thread is fun. I love the interwebs.

No MVP hate here. I have a couple of their discs. I just really don't care for their rabid fans that only see their products through rose tinted lenses.

Why would MVP ever buy back or replace the old run ions? Those things are ****ing sexy. 2nd run ions with the smaller bead are absolute money, and the plastic is a better feel than Neutron. If I could find a stockpile of 2nd run textured blackies, I'd empty my bank account...

They made the change because they couldn't get a consistent bead with their process. They recognized they were selling a flawed product and went back to the drawing board to fix it.

Even though people were buying them as fast as they could, MVP redesigned the mold, changed the plastic, and changed the flight to be more like a Wizard instead of a unique flier. By the pro-MVP arguments, any other company would be burned at the stake for doing such a thing. I don't know if those who make such arguments were even involved in the game when that happened.

That being said-- you do need to watch dome vs flat runs and neutron vectors are generally flatter, less stable in my experience. So is MVP perfect no but that's impossible in this industry and its the effort that counts.

Holy shiz......someone was finally able to admit it. I salute you, sir.

I actually did do that.. :) one 176 clear super beefy FR and just picked up a 176 green proton with the same exact dome and 100% USDA Black Angus.

So...since MVP changed the Vector after the first run to be less beefy, you buying one that is equally as beefy as the version they changed makes them consistent?

That being said-- you do need to watch dome vs flat runs and neutron vectors are generally flatter, less stable in my experience.

Another example of true consistency.

I'm not really hating on MVP either. I'm just tired of people wearing blinders. EVERY company struggles with consistency. Whether MVP minimizes it or not, they still suffer from the same issues every other manufacturer does.

so is there only one aviar ever designed or...?

Not the same situation. They didn't make an Aviar and then were like "whoops, our bad, lolz." The Aviar was made then they experimented with different configurations and such. It wasn't a mistake that needed correcting.

so is there only one aviar ever designed or...?

Exactly. Everyone does it. When Innova does it, they're evil. When MVP does it, they're heroes. You might want to be careful pointing out similarities between MVP and the evil other manufacturers. The fires and pitchforks will wind up on your doorstep.

Not the same situation. They didn't make an Aviar and then were like "whoops, our bad, lolz." The Aviar was made then they experimented with different configurations and such. It wasn't a mistake that needed correcting.
curious what mistake are you referring to? just wondering. so i can rabidly defend MVP. ;)

Exactly. Everyone does it. When Innova does it, they're evil. When MVP does it, they're heroes. You might want to be careful pointing out similarities between MVP and the evil other manufacturers. The fires and pitchforks will wind up on your doorstep.

Don't forget Prodigy. When they make protos that aren't perfect, they are denounced as over-hyped crap.

we can agree to disagree then but why in the world would you come out with different versions, even ones specific to certain PLAYERS styles, if the mold itself was not needed to be tweeked?

How is this any different from the ION which atleast today-- you get an ION and its an ION. Aviar on the other hand watch out whos name, which run/tooling, plastic, etc... and like the early run IONS have molds of aviars which are OOP and highly sought after. sounds really similar.

Don't forget Prodigy. When they make protos that aren't perfect, they are denounced as over-hyped crap.

Not to mention that all the disdain for Prodigy is coming at the expense of a few people who've done more for the sport than most of the haters combined will do in their lifetimes.

we can agree to disagree then but why in the world would you come out with different versions, even ones specific to certain PLAYERS styles, if the mold itself was not needed to be tweeked?

How is this any different from the ION which atleast today-- you get an ION and its an ION. Aviar on the other hand watch out whos name, which run/tooling, plastic, etc... and like the early run IONS have molds of aviars which are OOP and highly sought after. sounds really similar.

So why does MVP get the pass when Innova gets lynched?