• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Mountain Man's Playground in Ironwood officially opened today. Reaaallly tough course with lots of multishot holes, quite wooded. There is also a bottom 18 (possibly more) that isnt finished yet. Still rough on the edges, but a blast!

Not sure when the course will be listed on this site, that is up to the owner.

Message me or upmountainman about setting up playing times! You wont regret it!

Oh yeah, it's a beast! I wasn't prepared for the awesomeness and it kicked this old man's ass!:D A definite diamond in the rough, but this course will shine when it's beat in a little. I can't wait to play it again!:thmbup:

pics and review posted on ionia. already have a thumb down... sweet. :\

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures and review. Gives a little heads up for navigation on what seem like some possibly tricky areas.

I'll have to get out there soon and hit about 4,000 trees. :D

I haven't heard any updates. It has been talked about "in the future" for at least 3 years now :\

I was just hoping with the golf course now offitially a park there might be fund raisers or something to actually get the ball rolling now.

who's "they"? I would check in with the Flint Town Flyerz on DGS or Facebook.

(then post the response here ;) )

as far as i know, FTF has nothing to do with it. hopefully they do, but everything i've read points towards it begin all committee driven. I suppose once they decide to actually build it they may reach out.

new course in Marshall, Ketchum Park. trying to figure out a hole count before it's listed.

also looks like the guys who did pine hills in Laingsburg may be putting a course on Falcon Head GC in Big Rapids... no other info at this time...

Just about wrapping up the expansion for East China Twp Park near Marine City, MI. 18 holes by this Sat July 2nd. I'll update pics and info soon. Very fun course in a nice park :)

Anyone play Winstrom Preserve recently? I have a family reunion in Holland in a few weeks and am curious if it is still being neglected or not. The last review is mine from 2 years ago and the conditions have not been updated in a while. Otherwise I need to find a rather easy and short 18 somewhere else nearby to play with newbish family members. Shore Acres, while awesome, would not be the best for them and neither would Paw Paw because I don't want them loosing all of my plastic lol.

Anyone play Winstrom Preserve recently? I have a family reunion in Holland in a few weeks and am curious if it is still being neglected or not. The last review is mine from 2 years ago and the conditions have not been updated in a while. Otherwise I need to find a rather easy and short 18 somewhere else nearby to play with newbish family members. Shore Acres, while awesome, would not be the best for them and neither would Paw Paw because I don't want them loosing all of my plastic lol.

hughes park in Hudsonville?

looking like courses (at least) in development at:
River Park--Benton Harbor
River View Park--St Joseph

River park may have a temp course set up in preparation for a permanent? not sure

err, may be a temp course at River Park for a permanent course at Benton Township Park? it's confusing to google it.

Last edited:
looking like courses (at least) in development at:
River Park--Benton Harbor
River View Park--St Joseph

River park may have a temp course set up in preparation for a permanent? not sure

err, may be a temp course at River Park for a permanent course at Benton Township Park? it's confusing to google it.

Ok so River Park in BH is a Larry Leonardi (Essential Discs) project ATM. I won't go into details but it seems life has gotten in the way on that project. And yes, he has done several C-tier events there on a temp course. I played one there and the layout is fantastic - could be a 4 disc course IMHO.

Now I live in St. Joseph and they've talked about putting a DG course in River View for years and I used to call the city about once a year seeing if they'd be interested in putting one in. I'm curious, who and where did you hear about that? If there truly is a serious movement to get one in there I may wet myself with excitement. That's the kind of land with good design that could produce an utterly epic champ level course. There are literally 50+ acres ON THE FREAKING RIVER the city is doing NOTHING with. Makes me freaking crazy.

Ok so River Park in BH is a Larry Leonardi (Essential Discs) project ATM. I won't go into details but it seems life has gotten in the way on that project. And yes, he has done several C-tier events there on a temp course. I played one there and the layout is fantastic - could be a 4 disc course IMHO.

Now I live in St. Joseph and they've talked about putting a DG course in River View for years and I used to call the city about once a year seeing if they'd be interested in putting one in. I'm curious, who and where did you hear about that? If there truly is a serious movement to get one in there I may wet myself with excitement. That's the kind of land with good design that could produce an utterly epic champ level course. There are literally 50+ acres ON THE FREAKING RIVER the city is doing NOTHING with. Makes me freaking crazy.

let me find my source
so, is river park worth adding to the registry or is it just set up for events?