• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

picture.php

This, is gonna be fun...

Took mine out to the field today and was pleasantly surprised by the high speed stability and very little low speed fade of this disc. Held up good in a subtle headwind and had allot of glide. Seemed to be nice and slow too.

The plasma plastic isn't as grippy as I thought it would be, like gstar or fluid, would have just got neutron if I'd known. But I like it nonetheless and looks amazing being the plasma plastic.

Are you guys still bagging these in your lineups?

if I didn't have a beat volt I might consider it. the plasma I threw bombed but wasn't something I really needed with a crave, insanity and various volts.

Took mine out to the field today and was pleasantly surprised by the high speed stability and very little low speed fade of this disc. Held up good in a subtle headwind and had allot of glide. Seemed to be nice and slow too.

The plasma plastic isn't as grippy as I thought it would be, like gstar or fluid, would have just got neutron if I'd known. But I like it nonetheless and looks amazing being the plasma plastic.

Are you guys still bagging these in your lineups?

Nope, traded mine off. First MVP disc I have ever gotten rid of. Both my Plasma Volt and my Plasma Amp were both 168g. My Amp was more overstable than my Volt....and was dumpy. Hated it.

Plasma gets grippier as its worn in. A little better than Neutron in my experience. Plasma Amp has been great. Looking forward to Plasma and Fission Shocks too!

And of course .. . ...

Fission Putters ! ! !!!!!

Plasma gets grippier as its worn in. A little better than Neutron in my experience. Plasma Amp has been great. Looking forward to Plasma and Fission Shocks too!

And of course .. . ...

Fission Putters ! ! !!!!!

I'll take a Shock in Plasma and an Atom in both please.

Nope, traded mine off. First MVP disc I have ever gotten rid of. Both my Plasma Volt and my Plasma Amp were both 168g. My Amp was more overstable than my Volt....and was dumpy. Hated it.

This I'd compare to a Innova TL in flight. Very straight. Also would holds an anhyzer without being "flippy". Not too much lateral movement either way unless release (angle) that way.

This ones doesn't fly like a volt. Volt has a little more fade to it. My amps 175

if I didn't have a beat volt I might consider it. the plasma I threw bombed but wasn't something I really needed with a crave, insanity and various volts.

I agree with this. Crave is such a versatile mold. Its a little more stable than the Amp at similar weight, but not as LSS as the Volt. I carry a light and a heavy to cover controlled turns and headwind straight lines. I think the Amp is not quite as reliable as the Crave in either regard. Also concur on Insanity as a reliable hyzer flip disc - Amp is lost between them.

Maybe if we were back in time, the Amp covered something from all of these molds and could be 'the one', but now it's utility is superseded. Still a good disc, mind - not unlike the River.

I've always found my N Amp to be one of the most useful and irreplaceable discs in my bag. It might be a little different from the current runs, but the pink first run I have is excellent for long turnover shots or the straightest hyzer flips I've ever been able to produce. I would definitely be lost without it. I like the comparison to a River. I have been trying my inspire out more recently in its place, but I feel like I have to put more power and a little anny on it in order to really get that one to turn. It just wants to go straight with maybe the slightest bit of drift if I get a good rip. The crave for me has always seemed to have a pretty healthy fade to it.

I've always found my N Amp to be one of the most useful and irreplaceable discs in my bag. It might be a little different from the current runs, but the pink first run I have is excellent for long turnover shots or the straightest hyzer flips I've ever been able to produce. I would definitely be lost without it. I like the comparison to a River. I have been trying my inspire out more recently in its place, but I feel like I have to put more power and a little anny on it in order to really get that one to turn. It just wants to go straight with maybe the slightest bit of drift if I get a good rip. The crave for me has always seemed to have a pretty healthy fade to it.

Agree re: Inspire. Try adding a light Crave (I have a 157 Halloween) - flips up real nice for me, but then sits on the line and fades back. Most predictable hyzer flips in my bag currently.

Agree re: Inspire. Try adding a light Crave (I have a 157 Halloween) - flips up real nice for me, but then sits on the line and fades back. Most predictable hyzer flips in my bag currently.

I might have to try one of those out in the future. The one I'm throwing right now isn't particularly heavy. Mid to upper 160's at the most.

I've always found my N Amp to be one of the most useful and irreplaceable discs in my bag.... I like the comparison to a River.

The Neutron Amp was my first MVP disc, and was the reason I bought other MVP discs. The Amp is my favorite MVP disc (okay, maybe tied with the Wave). I have two Amps, and neither are as understable for me as the numbers suggest. My Amps are longer and a bit faster than my TLs and Rivers, and the River's glide has the Amp beat in that category. (For me, all MVP discs are more about speed than glide anyway.)