• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

When Electron Anodes come out I'm gonna lobby for Soft and Firm being a simultaneous release. Of course I don't have any say and I don't make anything (thereby dealing with the realities of production) but it's a nice thing to imagine and suggest.

Seeing ZAM comment about anodes had me pretty excited for a second...was hoping for a insider info :( No luck. Yet :p

Well, you have like a billion times more say than a random dude from say-where-again. All I have is imagining and drooling:p while rocking the already great options :cool:

Regarding the topic, any other fellow anode thrower feeling the overlap with anodes and tangents? I'd swear the circuit plasma tangie I've got used to be more stable :confused: Now it's turning while the anodes keep straight. Maybe I don't need the beat anode after all (flight wise - grip is another issue)

Seeing ZAM comment about anodes had me pretty excited for a second...was hoping for a insider info :( No luck. Yet :p

Well, you have like a billion times more say than a random dude from say-where-again. All I have is imagining and drooling:p while rocking the already great options :cool:

Regarding the topic, any other fellow anode thrower feeling the overlap with anodes and tangents? I'd swear the circuit plasma tangie I've got used to be more stable :confused: Now it's turning while the anodes keep straight. Maybe I don't need the beat anode after all (flight wise - grip is another issue)

Yes, cuz Anodes are long and Tangents aren't as long as traditional mids..

My circuit tangent had a lot more turn right out of the gate than my seasoned eclipse tangent I use now that I bought the day they were released.

I've been throwing nice, stiff wizards for the past year, almost two now, but before that, I putted exclusively with anodes for a few years. When they release anodes and ions in firm electron, I'll definitely be picking up a few of each and giving them a shot for the main putter spot.

Yes, cuz Anodes are long and Tangents aren't as long as traditional mids..
This pretty much sums up the overlap issue. IMO with neutron tangent anyway. Assuming it's the same with proton and eclipse.

My circuit tangent had a lot more turn right out of the gate than my seasoned eclipse tangent I use now that I bought the day they were released.

I've been throwing nice, stiff wizards for the past year, almost two now, but before that, I putted exclusively with anodes for a few years. When they release anodes and ions in firm electron, I'll definitely be picking up a few of each and giving them a shot for the main putter spot.
Bagging both proxy and anode I don't really need a short neutral mid. If plasma tangents in general are less stable, they could occupy my understable mid slot, 'cause I prefer the feel being similar to anode. Well, more similar than theory at least. Seems like my 175 circuit tangent is already on par with my 166 theory's stability.

When Electron Anodes come out I'm gonna lobby for Soft and Firm being a simultaneous release. Of course I don't have any say and I don't make anything (thereby dealing with the realities of production) but it's a nice thing to imagine and suggest.

I still want mediums, too.

Here's my prediction. Since I'm getting used to putting the Spin, I feel like as soon as I get pretty comfortable with it, the Elec. Anodes will drop, and I'll be forced to recalibrate again. If that prediction holds, the 'nodes should drop sooner rather than later.

When is MVP going to do a new run of Axis? I'd like to bag one as a longer Tangent that can take more power, but not at 177-179g.

Vector/axis arent really molded up any lighter.

Axis Model Specs
Class: 13mm Midrange Driver
Weights: 174g - 180g
Diameter: 21.7cm
Rim width: 13mm
PDGA max weight: 180.9g

Was unaware of that 174-180g weight range...which explains a lot. Like a fool, I gave a couple early Axis away, Proton and Neutron. Could have sworn at least the Proton was like 171g or 172g.

Yeah they probably were. Like old volts which you could find down to 166ish b4 the retool or whatever to make sure they all flew slightly OS when new vs slightly high speed US.

I just need to go on the record and say that, whenever anyone starts getting their hands on these (reg or even "stiff" Electron,) I'll pay markup prices for 2 max wt, particularly same color.

I just need to go on the record and say that, whenever anyone starts getting their hands on these (reg or even "stiff" Electron,) I'll pay markup prices for 2 max wt, particularly same color.

Right!? The winter series is technically able to start tomorrow. Can you imagine the money somebody could make if they ordered a circuit set up and just sold the volts/anodes?

Wait, what? I keep hearing regular(formerly "firm") Electron is floppy as a pancake. ;)

Wait, what? I keep hearing regular(formerly "firm") Electron is floppy as a pancake. ;)

Yeah, I don't know about all that. I like the amount of flex the "regular" Electron has, it's just right for my taste. But I'd be interested in checking out what the "stiff" version is like.

Mostly I just don't care for the "soft" for putting, because my putting grip is pretty much all flight plate.