• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these equally as stable or more stable than their straight up Proton counterparts (guessing the glow overmold doesn't make THAT big of a difference, but had to check)?

I was doing some field work with a Proton Volt today, and man if that thing wasn't every bit as OS as my Neutron Shock.

Yea the proton makes the volt a lot more stable, ALMOST as stable as a shock, only way to know for sure it to buy one and test the new eclipse.

Mike said same HSS but less fade as the first protons

Are these equally as stable or more stable than their straight up Proton counterparts (guessing the glow overmold doesn't make THAT big of a difference, but had to check)?

I was doing some field work with a Proton Volt today, and man if that thing wasn't every bit as OS as my Neutron Shock.

Heistand, about 12 pm or so. Doubles was just finishing. Those volts were touching over 280 in the cold....

This question has been answered for sure but I'm too lazy to search for it as there's so many pages..

How do different MVP plastics fly?

my volt experience (rough numbers, just estimates)

FR and neutrons produced in the first quarter of 2013 - 9/6/-1/1
Later neutrons and all protons - 9/5/0/2
Latest neutrons and eclipse protons - 9/5.25/0/1.5

My eclipse are flying more like protons than FR neutrons, but they aren't quite as beefy. I suspect these latest Volts are how they will stay stability wise...I feel like this is what they want. It feels the more distinct from Shocks than the slightly beefier protons and neutrons I got over the summer, but better in the wind and handles a flat release better than FR's, and will cover more shots in a cycle that the FR's couldn't do.

EDIT: It is also possible the regular protons have been tweaked too, I just haven't ordered new ones since I stocked up when they were released. I'll try to remember to grab one or two next time I order discs.

Last edited:
my volt experience (rough numbers, just estimates)

FR and neutrons produced in the first quarter of 2013 - 9/6/-1/1
Later neutrons and all protons - 9/5/0/2
Latest neutrons and eclipse protons - 9/5.25/0/1.5

My eclipse are flying more like protons than FR neutrons, but they aren't quite as beefy. I suspect these latest Volts are how they will stay stability wise...I feel like this is what they want. It feels the more distinct from Shocks than the slightly beefier protons and neutrons I got over the summer, but better in the wind and handles a flat release better than FR's, and will cover more shots in a cycle that the FR's couldn't do.

EDIT: It is also possible the regular protons have been tweaked too, I just haven't ordered new ones since I stocked up when they were released. I'll try to remember to grab one or two next time I order discs.

I would hope they are trying to stay as close to their charts as possible.

My Volts are more HSS than these charts say it should be, but when they beat in a little i am noticing that they get closer and closer to the charts, so at least they WILL fly like the chart at some point :D

I would rather beat in a shock to the point of the current Volts and keep the turn of the FR volts standard... but meh..

chart_volt.png

I'm happy with the current volts but I feel like there is room for both. I've thought about asking them if they can reproduce fr style volts without any issues, and if so maybe bring them back with a different name, Volt-L or something. Something to indicate its a Volt, but a different type of Volt.

Either way things have warmed up in Ohio so I plan to film a comparison of all the different Volts on my test hole, and probably a few different holes with the eclipse volts.

Here is a vid of my recently playable upper eight holes which now makes an eighteen . Its still rough but its exciting to again have eighteen playable at home. The drives are all MVP.

Eclipse Volt Review

I aint MikeC but I am a current advanced state champ and I thought i would throw another hat in the ring for MVP test videos. I got an Eclipse Volt today a bit before sunset and squeezed in a vid on my ten hole loop.

It obviously flew really well IMO as I parked all seven parkable holes. The camera fell over on the easy sixth hole. On the third, fourth, and tenth holes, all crazy dueces, i still threw nice shots with this disc.

I observed this Eclipse Volt to be very similar to a mint original Neutron Volt, just perhaps a touch beefier. I have actually never thrown a newer run Proton or Neutron Volt, but the Eclipse Volt flew with more turn than descriptions and vids have lead me to think that the newer Proton and Neutron Volts fly.

This was only one disc, but Im now very optimistic that these will continue to be my mainstay driver if I run out of the original Neutrons, which to me are the perfect all purpose driver FH and BH. Whether intentionally or not on the part of MVP, these seem to have the more glidy Volt flight which is one I, and it seems others on here, love. So yup. Two thumbs up and going in the bag if i can find it tomorrow :mad:.

Just got my first MVP this Sunday, a 175 neon green proton soft Ion with the metal flakes, real purty. I bought it to learn putter driving, but honestly I've been using it for everything, and just shot a great round at Cedarock for my first time on the course. Stayed on the fairway/green so the rim is still in prime condition, looking forward to see how it holds up. Now I just can't wait to throw a light on it and go glow-golfing!

Well off to practice for the team challenge this weekend, without the Glow Volt. O well. I knew ice blue with white rim was dangerous in the snow but I couldn't help myself. Good thing I've had better luck with my Neutrons.

Just got my first MVP this Sunday, a 175 neon green proton soft Ion with the metal flakes, real purty. I bought it to learn putter driving, but honestly I've been using it for everything, and just shot a great round at Cedarock for my first time on the course. Stayed on the fairway/green so the rim is still in prime condition, looking forward to see how it holds up. Now I just can't wait to throw a light on it and go glow-golfing!

welcome to the darkside. I drive the crap out of ions on most courses. Last round I tee'd off: ion, ion, N volt, ion, P volt, ion, P volt, ion, ion.

Only reason volt saw love was due to low ceiling and 300'+ shots which you wont have much luck with any putter.

Love ions for everyyyyyythin and find myself using them on crazy shots most never use a putter for b/c distance but im finding it much more about being able to control when a disc fades, how much, its landing and all those factors are much easier dialed in with a slower disc.

Ions are great for everything. I have a beat one for upshots and turnover drives, a newer one for more stability, and one that I putt with. It took me a long time to beat in that P Ion too: these discs are very durable and the rim holds up to any kind of abuse. I would have gone through a few Wizards within the lifespan of my oldest Ion, but it looks perfectly fine and flies sweeter than ever. Enjoy!

Just saw this on Facebook...

The Servo is a straight-stable fairway driver with a low power requirement and controlled speed. Its extended GYRO™ push gives it less lateral movement and immense glide with an effortless forward fade. Both high and low power throwers alike will achieve easy pinpoint accuracy with ultimate control to make it one of their most used discs on the fairway.

1412229_623564854367060_1528463642_o.png

What if MVP has been messing with us the whole time on Distance drivers? The Resistor and the Servo are the real Fairway Drivers and the Shock,Volt,Amp are going to be the distance drivers. Thanks to Mike C. we already know they go over 500 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.