• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even sure tweaking is the best way to describe what MVP does. They find new ways to control things more strictly and as a result the discs end up flying more consistent and true to their engineering. Early Volts, Amps, and Shocks all suffered from issues that MVP cleared up, but due to this those early drivers came out less consistent than MVP wanted.

Like I said, it's a trolling softball.

Innova's gigantic... they're not a boutique molder. Their place in the DG world's growth is cranking out obscene amounts of plastic. MVP's place is producing far fewer, and far better discs. It's apples to apple jacks here.

Doesn't innova get bashed all the time for this?

I think Innova get bashed no matter what at this point. If they dedicated themselves to quality and consistency we'd probably see a record amount of whining.

Doesn't innova get bashed all the time for this?

NOPE, this is completely different

Innova: within the SAME run sometmes you will have two of the same disc that fly COMPLETELY different.. this is the problem!

MVP: A FR and 2nd or 3rd runs will fly different from Current Runs but its CONSISTENT no matter what weight or color or plastic you pick up... any disc from that period before a change in process will fly the same..

There are some exceptions though, MVP did have inconsistency with a couple FR fairway releases, but ever since they cleaned up the process and we no longer see this.

Innova is just inconsistent and careless about molds, lol i saw a blizzard disc not to o long ago and (i swear to god) the dome was popped out on it like a nipple probably 2" high.. hilarious and it has been sitting on the shelf for a loooong time because i remember seeing it the last time i was there a few months ago, and mutliple discs were like that, and it varried some were real bad, some not so bad.. almost as if it was a joke.. MVP would never let something leave the factory that looked even remotely close to half the discs innova lets out.

Last edited:
discspeed, tell me how the tangent/vector combo is working out for you. i'm seriously considering taking the same approach. as much as i love the comet, the tangent just feels better in my hand and i've always loved my vector.

are there days with some slight wind when you wished you had an axis instead? or cranking on hyzers and such, without the extra fade of the vector?

i'm thinking tangent/vector/Evo Blaze.

Last edited:
Yeah that is why I throw MVP :) It is getting more science than art for MVP folks. It is good that MVP keeps getting better with process and quality control just in time for distance drivers as distance drivers would need more tighter tolerances to achieve better consistency.

discspeed, tell me how the tangent/vector combo is working out for you. i'm seriously considering taking the same approach. as much as i love the comet, the tangent just feels better in my hand and i've always loved my vector.

are there days with some slight wind when you wished you had an axis instead? or cranking on hyzers and such, without the extra fade of the vector?

I still like Axis. I am throwing Tangents very well but sometimes I need Axis stability esp with some winds around where a slight misthrow would end too much turnover with Tangent. Since my cart holds 25 discs so I keep Axis in my "bag".

I still like Axis. I am throwing Tangents very well but sometimes I need Axis stability esp with some winds around where a slight misthrow would end too much turnover with Tangent. Since my cart holds 25 discs so I keep Axis in my "bag".

I usually throw higher speed discs than normal in the wind if i need a turnover and i dont trust the tangent will be able to resist the wind, like my beat amp. I was told by disc golfers far more experienced than me that its better to throw higher speed discs in more wind instead of the same speed with more over-stability. So far it has been working well for me :)

Try it.

Last edited:
I usually throw higher speed discs than normal in the wind if i need a turnover and i dont trust the tangent will be able to resist the wind, like my beat amp. I was told by disc golfers far more experienced than me that its better to throw higher speed discs in more wind instead of the same speed with more over-stability. So far it has been working well for me :)

Try it.

i tend to agree with this train of thought now that i've had the opportunity to try more discs over the summer, which is why instead of an OS mid i've decided on a mid/fairway tweener, the blaze.

My stock of Tangents/Vectors really covers everything...and now I suspect those occasional times where I wished I had an Axis the Servo is going to get the call. I have a FR Vector that is beat and a N that is nicely seasoned as well, so the Axis is the odd man out.

Our retailer base has been growing very steadily since we started, and is still growing.

We are always looking to reach out to new stores with your help. In fact, if you can encourage a new shop to place an order with us and mention your referral, we will gladly send you a free disc of your choice.

Stores are more than willing to stock what their customers are looking for. Be sure to tell your retailer that you are interested in our discs.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards,
The MVP Disc Sports Team

Don't forget if your area is lacking MVP-- they want the business!! Saw this in the MVP in SF/Bay area thread and thought it was great for here with the many new followers recently. Been thinking PIAS should order some myself'

Try it.

I agree. After I finished a round, then I was practicing throwing Volt, Amp, Resistor, Tensor, Tangent, Ion to a practice basket about 180 to 200 feet open. It was bit windy and all of them were within 25' except for Tangent which I put slight anhyzer (misthrow) and it veered to right too much. Would be fine if I put bit hyzer release. In competitive round I would use Resistor or Tensor for that one.

I didn't read to much back on this thread but is mvp gonna come out with a distance driver? I thought about switching alot of my bag to mvp I'm really impressed with the company as a whole

^someday...lol

i imagine we will see an understable servo/fairway disc before a DD.

they have slowly filled the line up from putters, mids, fairways-- with not many holes left to fill there'

Just a matter of tiiiime :)

Yeah I hope that they will make an understable version of the Servo. Servo + US Servo with my Anodes would cover most of my shots.

List of things MVP needs to make:

Understable speed 7 fairway
Overstable putt/approach (like a zone)
Understable Midrange
Distance Drivers (speed 11)
understable putter
Base Plastic (at very least for putters)
Then some more discs in eclipse
clothing line
oh yea, distance driver minis

My guess is when they do distance drivers they'll do a line of speed 13ish then do a line of speed 11ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.