• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting that answer.. just thinking from a disc minimalist's perspective. :D

I bag a Tensor (only used for low lines at high power and windy days) but mostly use the Vector and Tangent combo. I have a Beat vector thats real straight and a fresh vector that is between my tensor and beat vector. this setup covers 90% of my drives (the courses around here dont get much longer than 450')

Vector is just like a DX roc i have only a little less glide.

I bag a Tensor (only used for low lines at high power and windy days) but mostly use the Vector and Tangent combo. I have a Beat vector thats real straight and a fresh vector that is between my tensor and beat vector. this setup covers 90% of my drives (the courses around here dont get much longer than 450')

Vector is just like a DX roc i have only a little less glide.
Sounds workable. Looks like Discspeed is using that combo.
E: Is there noticeable different in durability between MVP:s plastics?

If you enjoy the bead, go Ion. If you can live with either, I would go Anode, as it is a touch more neutral (in my experience, at least) and will do a better job of showing form flaws. Either way, though, you'll be helping yourself out. Both are great discs in durable plastic.

I will also throw my hat in the ring for Proton Soft. It feels excellent.

I'll go with an Anode as my driving putter then. The bead is more important to me when putting, which I'll still likely use my KC Pro Aviar for (unless the Anode really starts clicking with me there too). Thanks.

Do you guys use Axis for turnovers?

Tangent and also bag a FR shock that will really turn if I need as well as a Pa4. I would love an MVP Pa4 like putter and maybe a beat servo will work vs FR shock but don't believe it will be nearly as flippy even seasoned. will just have to wait for the MVP Flux and Current :p

since bagging the resistor my tensor doesn't even get used.

I was expecting that answer.. just thinking from a disc minimalist's perspective. :D

I actually am back to the Tangent/Vector combo...I like the Tensor, but in the end I don't want to carry 2 overstable mids, and with the Resistor now I've got slow overstable covered for my needs.

I actually am back to the Tangent/Vector combo...I like the Tensor, but in the end I don't want to carry 2 overstable mids, and with the Resistor now I've got slow overstable covered for my needs.

What I'm really liking about the Tensor is I can put just a tiny bit of anny on it and crank it hard straight and it'll go straight. It wants to turn over but can't and finishes with almost no fade. The low glide is a big plus too.

I wonder if MVP will revise their charts now to show the seemingly new standard flights for their fairways?

The last few latest runs have been consistently the same since the First and second runs.

Amp seems a little less stable now than the early runs, it actually turns over nicely now.
Volt is more HSS and doesn't really turn-over anymore like the FR and 2nd runs (that i have)
Shock i have no idea, the latest volts are almost as stable as my FR Shocks and i do not have a fresh latest run Shock to compare, but i assume its going to be tweaked just a bit more over-stable since the Proton Volt is taking on more of the 0 HSS lines and i even dropped my Shock from the bag because i can throw the Volt on similar lines with a bit more distance potential.

My guess is they are making a gap between the volt and Amp to release something as neutral straight as possible.. maybe re-branding the FR volt as something new?

As is stands: (the latest runs i have)
Amp -2 HSS 1.5 LSS
(missing link, although the lower speed Servo could fit right in here perfectly!)
N/E-Volt -0.5 HSS 2.5 LSS
FR P-Volt 0 HSS 2.75 LSS (lol @ 2.75, its that close to the shocks for me.)
Shock 0 HSS 3 LSS

Yep the flight charts are a living document so to speak. As they fine-tune the flight profiles, which is possible with ever-increasing technology in production, I'll be updating charts to fit the lineup in context. That's one of the reasons the posters have quarterly dates. I'm due for a LOT of stuff but holiday retail is all-consuming.

It's a softball for trolling, tbh, but I think deliberate tweaks are a positive thing. They're not different now by accident... the bros are throwing more granular molding tech and outside-the-DG-spectrum tolerance checking at these discs. Charts will be calibrated to match production.

Yep the flight charts are a living document so to speak. As they fine-tune the flight profiles, which is possible with ever-increasing technology in production, I'll be updating charts to fit the lineup in context. That's one of the reasons the posters have quarterly dates. I'm due for a LOT of stuff but holiday retail is all-consuming.

It's a softball for trolling, tbh, but I think deliberate tweaks are a positive thing. They're not different now by accident... the bros are throwing more granular molding tech and outside-the-DG-spectrum tolerance checking at these discs. Charts will be calibrated to match production.

Cool you should have an "Old Media Files" section that lists the old flight charts and between what dates the chart was in effect, in essence telling us how a older volt should fly compared to the new ones, in case people want to know few years from now.

I am all for them changing techniques and trying to tweak things as long as it always makes the discs better and reflects what the customers want :)

Last edited:
Why would they tweak it to make it worse?

They wouldn't intend to.. But messing with a mold people already like and changing it too much may not be a good idea.

For example, i liked the 2nd run Volts with slight -1 turn and smooth forward 2 fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.