• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it seems they haven't released a proton disc since axiom was announced. Whether this is due to the DD class or axiom, I don't know, but axiom have been releasing protons, so...

IMO, MVP cannot, and will not, be a complete disc golf manufacturer until they have base putters available.

Base mids and drivers would be (will be?) AWESOME too, but they have to at least give us the putters.

Soon. Please. :D

marlboro has boxes made up for when weed is legalized:\

This is actually not true... They may have graphics stored on a hard drive but there isn't a warehouse somewhere with a billion cigarette boxes collecting dust waiting for the day they can be used... That would be a bad business move to keep investments tied up like that.

This is actually not true... They may have graphics stored on a hard drive but there isn't a warehouse somewhere with a billion cigarette boxes collecting dust waiting for the day they can be used... That would be a bad business move to keep investments tied up like that.

Psshhh! Ever hear of Area 51?
That's where they are stored at, right beside the pieces of the UFO.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

Crunch box maxed out with MVP

wrywk0.jpg

Just stopped at art smarts on way home from work and picked up a copy of all MVP discs they had. I already owned ions but nothing else. Won't have time to get out until next week sometime so what should I be expecting from these guys as a 200 ft wizard 260 roc 290 eagle 330 wraith thrower

2nd run soft ion
1st run medium ion
Neutron ion

176 neutron tangent
175 proton axis
176 proton vector
175 neutron tensor

173 neutron servo
174 neutron switch
173 neutron resistor
167 neutron impulse
175 neutron inertia
172 neutron motion

Their flight chart was a bit odd at glance and finding lighter weights wasn't happening on anything. Once I touched the drivers I couldn't let go though. Tensor and resistor are oddly shaped but I kinda like it. Typing this from my phone so sorry if auto correct grabbed anything

You missed the best disc they make... the volt!

Looks great to me. You have a lot of different stabilities offered and there are some axiom models you could throw in the mix too. (envy/crave)

You might find the motion/resistor over-lap a little bit but getting them in different weights could be good for you. Most all of their newer released discs come in 150 class up to max weight.

Last edited:
They only had proton volts that were pretty clear looking so I'd lose them. They had lots of envies but heaviest was 166 so wasn't interested in one

Animage,
You'll probably get lots of opinions on peoples favorite MVP disc as there's a lot of them to like but my personal favorite it the Tangent. I find it the most accurate disc for upshots I've ever used. You can approach with hyzer, anny, or dead straight at the basket with equal ease and it's very easy to range as it doesn't have excessive glide. I like glide when I'm going for distance but for dropping one right by the pole I find the Tangent the perfect tool. Obviously others will have varying opinions but please give this one a good workout and let us know what you think. And oh yeah, the Inertia is my favorite MVP driver because I only throw a little over 300 and it just seems to fit my arm speed. I get the feeling that for the most part the Tangent is fairly universally loved and the Inertia has more of a mixed bag of opinions with the smaller arms liking it more. Just my 2 cents.

Got a question.

I've never used the hot water trick to address dome. I just traded for an Axis, it's pretty stiff N, and has a pop-top like dome. Noticable, not the very slight dome you might see on an Axis.

I'd like to flatten it, so, will this work on N pretty well? Anyone? Beuler?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.