• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is more about the finger length ratio than finger shape. My ring and middle fingers are longer than my pointer. This means that I can ever only get two fingers on the rim of the Ion.

Yes, I have been informed on these threads I have mutant hands.

Mine are the same way with a significantly shorter pinky, makes the grip hard.

I think it is more about the finger length ratio than finger shape. My ring and middle fingers are longer than my pointer. This means that I can ever only get two fingers on the rim of the Ion.

Interesting. I've never noticed, apparently, but my ring and middle are both longer than my pointer also. Maybe I'm just an odd duck haha.

I have a couple of Ions in the stash. I can throw them okay with a fan grip but any sort of power grip is awkward at best because of the way the inside of the rim curves into the flight plate. It just feels weird. I'm glad they didn't do that with the Envy.

That's why I glommed onto the Envy, ditched the Ions and Anode pretty quick for it. Just feels right even if it doesn't quite glide the same.

Mine are the same way with a significantly shorter pinky, makes the grip hard.

Same here. Middle finger is a good half inch+ longer than pointer and ring finger is almost the same. Pinky is probably close to 1.5in shorter than middle.

My issue with the under side of the rim is probably my grip tho. I like to dig the fingernails into the 90 degree corner of a disc and an Ion doesn't have that.

Last edited:
Preference is a funny thing, I like the envy with the defined edge mid to top.. Don't like the Proxy it feels wider, throws beautifully though. I definitely identify as square fingered but I can throw anything I just prefer the way the Envy sits in hand.

My latest stamp was just announced last night! Preorders will begin today (31 Jan) at 4PM Eastern on Mike "Sully" Sullivan's Facebook page. I'm expecting the limited run of 200 to sell quickly so you might need to act quickly if you want one! They will be available on Anodes, Envy's, Waves, and Insanitys.

My latest stamp was just announced last night! Preorders will begin today (31 Jan) at 4PM Eastern on Mike "Sully" Sullivan's Facebook page. I'm expecting the limited run of 200 to sell quickly so you might need to act quickly if you want one! They will be available on Anodes, Envy's, Waves, and Insanitys.

Sent this on to a friend whom actually built and sewed up a complete Plague Doctor get up, beak and all, for Halloween a few years ago.

Facebook, so no go for me

I will deal with the evils of Facebook and even perhaps G pay for these....

I just got in line for the pre-order for the "plague doctor" envy from Harm o set. Haha Marmoset.. We'll see if it works out. Like I need more but I've wanted one of his pieces for awhile.

Only electron anodes and plasma waves left for pre-order just in case someone was thinking about a "plague doctor". The soft light Envy sold out first :)

LJylQug
https://imgur.com/gallery/LJylQug[/URL]
LJylQug

Ok let's try this image post...

LJylQug

Screw it I give up...

Last edited:
the idea for this series is to get as close to the artists' vision as possible. That's why most of the discs will be stamped with black/gray/white foils.
BUT.
A little birdie told me there "might" be a few non black/gray/white variants for sale after the discs arrive ;)

the idea for this series is to get as close to the artists' vision as possible. That's why most of the discs will be stamped with black/gray/white foils.
BUT.
A little birdie told me there "might" be a few non black/gray/white variants for sale after the discs arrive ;)

Put in a good word with Sully for me.. I'm the Mike from Canada. Then again he's probably thinking top dollar on an auction.. Did you get yours yet? No relay I'm guessing.

Put in a good word with Sully for me.. I'm the Mike from Canada. Then again he's probably thinking top dollar on an auction.. Did you get yours yet? No relay I'm guessing.

I don't have mine yet. Sully said, "I am expecting delivery early on the week of the 10th." No Relays on this one :( I absolutely ADORE Leopards and have been wanting to try Relays. One of these days. I guess it isn't that big of a rush because it isn't uncommon for me to work 16 hour days. I don't get to play nearly as often as I want.

Relay and Volt, those are the 2 I want to try. And the new midranges also, whenever they are released.

I've never tried a Gyro disc so I was looking for some input from you guys. Which MVP/Axiom putter is the best for driving off the tee? I'm lookin for something that is HSS and won't turn over.

This. But not an Electron Envy.
It isn't too difficult for me to get a small turn out of my Electron Envys. Proton (Champ) or Neutron (Star) is a good place to start.

Depending on how far you throw, other choices might also be available… But the Envy will definitely do what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.