• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. But not an Electron Envy.
It isn't too difficult for me to get a small turn out of my Electron Envys. Proton (Champ) or Neutron (Star) is a good place to start.

Depending on how far you throw, other choices might also be available… But the Envy will definitely do what you want.

Really? Now I am curious. Which of the Electon plastics are you using? How much distance are you throwing?

I see no turn out of my Electron Firms; most people I would think have OAT, but I have seen your videos and your form is clean. You must be throwing a lot farther than me.

Really? Now I am curious. Which of the Electon plastics are you using? How much distance are you throwing?

I see no turn out of my Electron Firms; most people I would think have OAT, but I have seen your videos and your form is clean. You must be throwing a lot farther than me.
I don't really know which Electron plastic I'm using. I guess it feels firm? I just throw what Infinite sent me. I have 5 other E Envies and they all feel similarly stiff. They are decently stiffer than my Electron Pilot that Infinite also sent me (my Christmas Scorpion stamp)

300' with an envy isn't really an issue... I know I can get them out past 325' but that's not a throw I ever use on the golf course. On the course, I'm usually looking at a midrange if the hole is longer than 280'. At 280, the E Envys are definitely turning a little.

photo in case it helps"
84852525_3439878276084222_2623839050619944960_n.jpg

Out of curiosity, anyone care to weigh in on the chances we see a Cosmic Neutron Tesla in 2020 (that, like the CN Volt, is more OS than the other plastics)?

Played a fun round today, Envy SE eclipse 165 + 165 neutron relay vs a 170 plasma proxy and 152 Crave..

Played a Cali setup between the pairs interesting how the crave and envy are similar like the proxy relay. Short end of it is the proxy won by one stroke and a great putt through the Bush.

Envy vs Proxy.. Last chance before sunset rematch..

So the sweet dyed Evil Dead Envy rolls up on the Proxy lookin all badass: "so you beat up my slow eclipse brother eh think your hot? He can't fly lines like I can I challenge you to a showdown.". And thats how it starts in my head.
Proxy like "sure man but my bro the fission Tesla is coming to keep the peace" n
Envy: "dark red plasma wave can be my second, it's on Donkey Kong"

Proxy takes honors on one, nice easy flex, a little short but in two tree jail... Envy tees up and flexes a sweet and much better placed anhyzer.. Proxy gets the shakes, "Hey man that's kinda my shot" fudges for a 3.. Envy taps in... "told ya bud"

#2 proxy rides a sweet straight tight S line, Envy tees up a laser, both bird

#3 the separator, tight tunnel, light anny flex to a hard finish.. Envy says "watch this s###" .. And slides an almost perfect line but a blind tree leaves him outside the circle. Proxy goes for a straight shot but a little too much turn and gets greased by a cedar, misses a the 3 on a bad straddle putt.. Envy tees up a long floaty spushlob.. And floats in for another 2. "Ain't no big thing"

#3 Envy takes honors and a line a little wider than planned floats in for a 8' longer two, proxy runs out of gas short of an ace and taps in....

Proxy: "I'm on you now, my blue buddy 163 fission Tesla is going to beat your ass!" And he does, a blazing flick that turned a little too much in a surprising late turning move.. But misses two trees and folds back.. But no "bong" .. I'm parked sucka!

Red wave pooos itself twice, Envy pulls an amazing deep anhyzer but short.. Shaken misses the 4.. Ouch.

Since they were lazy the cut across to Mirkwood on 10 and Proxy tried for an ace hit the lone big tree near the tone 3' short and rolled for a 3.. Envy tries to ace better and parks for a two. "My maths not great I play for fun but I think we are tied again.."

#11 2nd pics I posted.. Envy tees up and blazes under the hanging tonal.. Proxy tries but turns too much and then scuffs out looking for a brave 2 but settles for a 3. "What kind of A hole has a hanger.. You have an advantage.. Second putt.."
Envy: "I do.." For a 2.

#12 long tunnel E:" it's getting dark sure you don't want to give up and not get lost Mr dark blue proxy?" ... P: "bring it Bitch..". Envy tees up floats like a butterfly but fades like an Envy misses acing just over top, possibly short and flies deep. Proxy fiddles with his grip and let's it rip dusting short tries an anny and gets three.. Envy drops a putt for a two..

P: " my buddy's going to kick your ass again!"...
E: "yeah I'm sure he could but my buddy is too dark to play in twilight.. Tell you what, one hole, modified shorter distance, if you bird and I don't you win, winner take all"
Done!

Envy feeling confident tees up, good power maybe a little left, sound of two tree branches and maybe salaal... not bad.. Proxy tees up flies a short turnover up the steepish hill and plants about 20' off.. Taps in for a two.. And starts harping on the Envy.. "Its gotta be tough to lose your best disc eh?" 15 min later and ready to DNF without a cell phone light Envy is finally spotted in the bush, on edge about 35' back, uphill at that awkward distance... Shaken but unstoppable he tees up but eases off of a laser with an overspun push sort of putt and misses left... Proxy wins but doesn't bother talking s### he got lucky and he knows he has to do better next time.

Last edited:
Envy vs Proxy.. Last chance before sunset rematch..

So the sweet dyed Evil Dead Envy rolls up on the Proxy lookin all badass: "so you beat up my slow eclipse brother eh think your hot? He can't fly lines like I can I challenge you to a showdown.". And thats how it starts in my head.
Proxy like "sure man but my bro the fission Tesla is coming to keep the peace" n
Envy: "dark red plasma wave can be my second, it's on Donkey Kong"

Proxy takes honors on one, nice easy flex, a little short but in two tree jail... Envy tees up and flexes a sweet and much better placed anhyzer.. Proxy gets the shakes, "Hey man that's kinda my shot" fudges for a 3.. Envy taps in... "told ya bud"

#2 proxy rides a sweet straight tight S line, Envy tees up a laser, both bird

#3 the separator, tight tunnel, light anny flex to a hard finish.. Envy says "watch this s###" .. And slides an almost perfect line but a blind tree leaves him outside the circle. Proxy goes for a straight shot but a little too much turn and gets greased by a cedar, misses a the 3 on a bad straddle putt.. Envy tees up a long floaty spushlob.. And floats in for another 2. "Ain't no big thing"

#3 Envy takes honors and a line a little wider than planned floats in for a 8' longer two, proxy runs out of gas short of an ace and taps in....

Proxy: "I'm on you now, my blue buddy 163 fission Tesla is going to beat your ass!" And he does, a blazing flick that turned a little too much in a surprising late turning move.. But misses two trees and folds back.. But no "bong" .. I'm parked sucka!

Red wave pooos itself twice, Envy pulls an amazing deep anhyzer but short.. Shaken misses the 4.. Ouch.

Since they were lazy the cut across to Mirkwood on 10 and Proxy tried for an ace hit the lone big tree near the tone 3' short and rolled for a 3.. Envy tries to ace better and parks for a two. "My maths not great I play for fun but I think we are tied again.."

#11 2nd pics I posted.. Envy tees up and blazes under the hanging tonal.. Proxy tries but turns too much and then scuffs out looking for a brave 2 but settles for a 3. "What kind of A hole has a hanger.. You have an advantage.. Second putt.."
Envy: "I do.." For a 2.

#12 long tunnel E:" it's getting dark sure you don't want to give up and not get lost Mr dark blue proxy?" ... P: "bring it Bitch..". Envy tees up floats like a butterfly but fades like an Envy misses acing just over top, possibly short and flies deep. Proxy fiddles with his grip and let's it rip dusting short tries an anny and gets three.. Envy drops a putt for a two..

P: " my buddy's going to kick your ass again!"...
E: "yeah I'm sure he could but my buddy is too dark to play in twilight.. Tell you what, one hole, modified shorter distance, if you bird and I don't you win, winner take all"
Done!

Envy feeling confident tees up, good power maybe a little left, sound of two tree branches and maybe salaal... not bad.. Proxy tees up flies a short turnover up the steepish hill and plants about 20' off.. Taps in for a two.. And starts harping on the Envy.. "Its gotta be tough to lose your best disc eh?" 15 min later and ready to DNF without a cell phone light Envy is finally spotted in the bush, on edge about 35' back, uphill at that awkward distance... Shaken but unstoppable he tees up but eases off of a laser with an overspun push sort of putt and misses left... Proxy wins but doesn't bother talking s### he got lucky and he knows he has to do better next time.

Somebody get this guy some help..... pronto....lol

I keep my dog around, so when I talk to myself I precede it with "Lobo" so I sound more sane...

I'm like that normally but yes, I did a service call on Friday on a well pump for $35 and a bunch of "ear wax"...

Reminds me of a story back in high school when I ended up in the vice principals office for disecting a wasp into separate legs, wings etc.. I thought it was funny. They thought I was on drugs (I hadn't touched em). Called up my mom and she's " Oh no!!! That's awful.... What was he doing?... oh that's all, no hes always been like that"

Last edited:
Cosmic Neutron Envy incoming on 21 Feb. I wonder if they'll be crazy OS like the CN Volts are

Hey guys, I hate winter... So much. I lost my last photon yesterday, as well as 2 fireballs. I have one fireball left assuming I dont get these discs back and 0 photons. I'm considering replacing them as I love photons but I'm thinking maybe a 145 fission tesla, a 160 fission tesla, and a 170 neutron tesla would pretty much cover everything control driver wise and then I've got the dimension/excite and mayhem/octane to cover max distance. Then below would be fireball/inertia(potentially coming out of the bag if the teslas cover the slot) crave/relay matrix entropy/atom and boom, theres a bag. Any thoughts?

I'm thinking maybe a 145 fission tesla, a 160 fission tesla, and a 170 neutron tesla would pretty much cover everything control driver wise

Well I think they are worth a go, I like my 143 fission Photon, but I think it's a special disc/weight combination I don't know if a Tesla that light would work.. I'd consider a 150, I have a 163 fission I'm grooving with right now.. But yeah give em a go.

Good to see ya bud!

Well I think they are worth a go, I like my 143 fission Photon, but I think it's a special disc/weight combination I don't know if a Tesla that light would work.. I'd consider a 150, I have a 163 fission I'm grooving with right now.. But yeah give em a go.

Good to see ya bud!

I had a pdga issue tesla that I could turn uite controllably but not sure what the weight was, light I know pretty sure 150 class. I also had a proton 75 that once I beat in and got the nose down was just insanely reliable which is what's got me thinking maybe it would be a better mold for my uses.

I'm honestly getting comfortable with my max D drivers now and realizing I can range them fairly well so I'm not sure I have any reason to bag anything between the 9 speeds and the 13's since I can get a relay, crave, inertia, tesla to fly the length of a football field and the speed 13 and 14.5's just add about 20' each iteration. Anything shorter than that and I'm likely throwing a matrix or an atom at it anyway.

As much as I love the photon I've just been having trouble with deciding when to throw it instead of something on either side of it. I also remember loving my teslas and being really upset about losing them.

Alhough I threw a C-Line FD3 for the first time today... straight into a 20-30 km/hr headwind that flipped a clash like nothing and it had a beautiful turnover flight and came back to sit 10 ft from the basket on a 300' ish hole. They're taking over my OS fairway duties for the time being since I was able to shape it better than a fireball which is just laser straight to fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.