• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP OHM - The Comprehensive Thread

I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why I hate the Proxy (feelwise, not flight) looks like the inner rim is slightly sloped, but so's the envy. It has to be the outside wing, something about it doesn't sit right. That ohm looks nice, but I can't tell crap from photos. Straighter at the very top inside where it counts, and low profile, I could see that being alright. Damn no more putters!!!!!

I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why I hate the Proxy (feelwise, not flight) looks like the inner rim is slightly sloped, but so's the envy. It has to be the outside wing, something about it doesn't sit right. That ohm looks nice, but I can't tell crap from photos. Straighter at the very top inside where it counts, and low profile, I could see that being alright. Damn no more putters!!!!!

I agree completely. Proxy feels more "rounded" to me, in a way that the Envy does not. Less to do with the inside of the rim though, side by side the Proxy looks almost bulbous and the wing starts much lower than the Envy. The Particle is yet another step removed from that. I eventually gave up on the Proxy because the hand feel didn't generate confidence in my release and went back to my Pures, and because they feel most similar to the Particle (and I can absolutely mash those) I dropped the Envy. Have been rolling w/ Particles + Pures ever since.

And - they both feel similar to my M4s, which I can throw pretty damn straight when needed and are (usually) longer than my Pures. So the Ohm is intriguing from a minimal mold POV, but not if the hand feel is like the Proxy, and not if I have to power down on a driving putter to hit 250' such that the LSS would kick in and negate the straight finish I was bagging it for in the first place.

Well I'm going to figure out the rim in person.. Got a 167 yellow Ohm in the mail.. I guess I will decide what happens after it gets here... I gotta know what #5 glide is like!!

Looks like its been thrown a bit, does it really deserve that 5 glide rating?

I think so, yeah. It's strange- even a Proxy will flip up some, but the Ohm just glides on exactly the angle you throw it on until it hits the ground without deviating, dumping, turning, fading, etc. It's kind of amazing actually.

Looks like its been thrown a bit, does it really deserve that 5 glide rating?

I did one round putting and throwing with it and it's definitely more glidey than my proxy. I especially noticed it when putting.

It was really windy so I have to keep on testing it but first impressions are really nice.

5 glide is what drew me to the Neutron Pilot. They took a beating in day to day putting duties tho. Did not hold up at all. Too bad, they killed it from outside the circle.

Hoping MVP has the wear problem solved with these overmolded Ohms and they can get me draining the long putts again.

Man, if they would've released the OHM a year ago I bet I'd be bagging them right now. I'm a fan of gyro putters, but wanted something slower/glider since I find slower putters more versatile. If the OHM is a slower/glidier Envy/Proxy lovechild, then that almost assuredly would've gone straight in the bag. Bummer. Would've liked to stick with gyro putters...but my short game is doing well right now, so no need to go back to gyrotown.

5 glide is what drew me to the Neutron Pilot. They took a beating in day to day putting duties tho. Did not hold up at all. Too bad, they killed it from outside the circle.

Hoping MVP has the wear problem solved with these overmolded Ohms and they can get me draining the long putts again.

Did you mean electron? I had a soft neutron envy I used as a putter for nearly a year and didn't get any unusual wear on the OM

So... how firm is this run of Neutron?

Somewhat flexible. Not firm like OG neutron but not as soft as Soft Neutron. Rim has the new trimmed flashing technique being used by MVP. It almost has the texture of the Experimental Electrons putters that come out. Only putted with them. Super glidey. I still have not field tested them. They look promising but won't replace my Pilot putter. The finish on this run is a bit glossy and will need some breaking in to get them a bit tackier.

I can't wait for mine... played a few Envy rounds lately though to solidify the bag first.. So they can stay strong against the new kid. I really don't need another putter, soft electron Envy's hit a pretty good straight line as they wear.. But electron Envy's feel a little goofy in hand compared to the regular runs.

Really hoping the Ohm holds the same stability as a fresh proton Spin or a plasma Proxy for a long time.. Or mini Tangent kind of flight. Just a laser, single turn kind of flight. Everything I've read sounds good..

What I really hope is that it will be indicative of their new midrange offerings...
??? "Capacitor" ??? "Inductor" ???

Whatever it's called it's coming and it will be awesome.

Last edited:

Latest posts