• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Two mils is a BIG difference. From what I can eyeball, theres a difference of about 1/2-3/4 mil between mine.

Lol I don't know the exact measurement and the discs are about 15 miles apart right now so I can't measure them. But I do know when comparing them on the course the other day there was definitely a noticeable difference.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just typed 6 paragraphs and hit "preview" but since I didn't check the "I'm aware.." box it deleted everything. Long story short, I threw first runs then switched to glows. They're WAY less stable than the comparisons between the two I read on here, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Vector's are sad we don't talk about them anymore:(

Vector is my favorite MVP disc.. The anode is close to second but it's hard for me to put it ahead of the wizard in my books. The Axis & Ion's are alright but the Vector.. I just love mine!!:) I would love a super light one.

My regular production vector has a much bigger bead than my brothers eclipse vector. By much bigger I mean a mil or two, but still enough to be a noticeable difference.

Two mils is a BIG difference. From what I can eyeball, theres a difference of about 1/2-3/4 mil between mine.

You two are misusing the term "mil" here, aren't you? Do you mean millimeters or do you mean mils? A mil is one one-thousandth of an inch - 0.001". A human hair is about 2 mils. It takes an experienced machinist's eye or hand to detect less than a 10 mil difference and most people would be pressed to notice 20 mils visually.

Sorry to split hairs here. :)

Makes sense, except that how is it hard to see something less than 20 mils, when hair is only 2 mils? I can see a single hair easily.

Makes sense, except that how is it hard to see something less than 20 mils, when hair is only 2 mils? I can see a single hair easily.

It's not hard to see something the width of a hair, it is hard to differentiate between thicknesses that are within the width of a hair from another.

It's not hard to see something the width of a hair, it is hard to differentiate between thicknesses that are within the width of a hair from another.
This^. If the diameter of the bead on the disc is 2mils larger than what you are used to, you would never know the difference, as the plastic expands and contracts more than that in different climates. You'd need a pretty fancy pair of calipers to even detect the variance.

As much as I enjoy throwing the Axis, the Vector is still my go-to midrange. They just lock onto a line so tightly and are so predictable. I've been pretty obsessed with my Eclipse Vector lately as it is so straight and Buzzz-like, yet has a little slower turn and fade movement. If I could only carry a single midrange, it would be that disc.

Currently I'm carrying that Eclipse Vector, a beat domey FR, and a newish domey FR. The beat FR flies like a max weight Comet stability-wise, with a bit more speed and less glide. The other FR is still pretty piggish for wind and hard hyzers. I'm rounding these out with a single Axis for shots that need understable movement.

My beat up current run vector is nuts straight. I'm looking for opinions here. How much over stability will the vector lose as I punish it this summer? What do you predict it will stabilize into. If my vector stays straight like it is for awhile I'm ordering a stack of them because the thing is just awesome!

Vectors are beautiful. I am still debating on a FR or Current run Vector.. I need some help. I'm looking 2 carry 2 vector's. One that can really fight a good wind and one that I can put a hyzer on and the thing will just fly beautifully. Im thinking with the Hyzer I want a current run.. Would a 177g FR Vector be able to fight a strong wind?

My 179g red eclipse vector is plenty overstable. I like the flight and the way it feels in my hand. I throw it a whole lot on more open courses. I still prefer the axis in the woods, but if there is any headwind, then the vector comes out. Great disc.

It is funny to hear the comments after I throw it. I got a couple of people to "WHOA!" in amazement as I threw it in a tourney last weekend after they heard it whistle out of my hand and travel on a perfect low hyzer right at the basket. The cool part is, my partners in that 3-man scramble also threw a vector on the same hole (325' into a headwind) and all 3 of them were sitting within 20' of the basket.

I hope mine continues to whistle as I use it. It is pretty cool to hear.

Vectors are beautiful. I am still debating on a FR or Current run Vector.. I need some help. I'm looking 2 carry 2 vector's. One that can really fight a good wind and one that I can put a hyzer on and the thing will just fly beautifully. Im thinking with the Hyzer I want a current run.. Would a 177g FR Vector be able to fight a strong wind?

Define what a good wind is with numbers. Vectors are decent in medium winds (say, 15mph) if you have clean form, and depending on the wind direction. Throwing it on a clean hyzer will handle a bit more wind, to a degree...again, depending on the direction. If you want a strong windfighter, other discs will do much better and there are tons to choose from. A disc that is overstable when thrown flat will be your best bet for true wind needs and will be more reliable with wind from any direction except a tailwind which will tend to slam them down earlier unless you adjust the throw, but then you may as well pick a different disc.

Define what a good wind is with numbers. Vectors are decent in medium winds (say, 15mph) if you have clean form, and depending on the wind direction. Throwing it on a clean hyzer will handle a bit more wind, to a degree...again, depending on the direction. If you want a strong windfighter, other discs will do much better and there are tons to choose from. A disc that is overstable when thrown flat will be your best bet for true wind needs and will be more reliable with wind from any direction except a tailwind which will tend to slam them down earlier unless you adjust the throw, but then you may as well pick a different disc.

Predator is my Headwind Driver.. The Vector would be for shorter holes. I'm thinking just a 179g or 180g Vector along with a 175g Vector should cover everything I want.

Latest posts