• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I love the Vector. Mine is severely broken in and goes dead straight with significant fade. It was an Ace and about 4 metal hits on it. It is my go-to Spike Hyzer disc for shots up to 180 ft.

I carry a z buzz and a buzz gt the gt has zero fade and the z comes back a little bit. My buddies vector always fades for him we both have the same distance and is also a rhbh thrower. Maybe I had a freak vector?

If you have a chance compare the two. Flatter Vectors fade less and fade later, domey is the opposite. That might play a part.

Too much overlap with my buzz. It seems to have a little more glide and a little less fade.

Unless you had a mis-stamped Axis as a Vector, I have ZERO explanation for you...that's just plain odd.

Yeah, my experience as well. I got a green first run with zero dome, it was like pro d zone flat, almost concave. Got it to fill the overstable midrange role in my bag and it just didn't do it. I really like the disc and the flight but it was too close to my buzzzes so I scored a z drone (kc worlds version). My vector just went straight for so long and then faded out, but I hear the domey ones are straight up meat hooks.

That's crazy about the dome adding overstability compared to flat. It must be true since you guys are seeing that but it goes against physics. I haven't seen two Vectors with a noticeably different flightplate but I look forward to experimenting if I can find a couple varying shapes to throw.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to look for a FR vector or two to get again so I can compare them to my production run I have now and my Eclipse™. When I got my first first run it was super beefy. So much at I didn't like it. That could have been my weak arm at the time too.

That's crazy about the dome adding overstability compared to flat. It must be true since you guys are seeing that but it goes against physics. I haven't seen two Vectors with a noticeably different flightplate but I look forward to experimenting if I can find a couple varying shapes to throw.

Domey Vectors don't defy any laws of physics. The ones I've seen have an oddly shaped dome (so much so that one of them was the last MVP disc left on the shelf at Fairway Flyerz) that almost comes to a peak in the middle of the disc like a tent or a rounded off cone. It has to have a larger effect on the shape and flight properties of the disc. I have a FLX Drone with a somewhat similar flight plate that is the most overstable Drone ever....

I am not going to tell you that the Vector is my favorite mid ever and replacing my Buzzzzzsss, but I did throw my glow Vector on hole 25 at CSUMB (2011 Pro Worlds course) and it went in for an eagle 2 on a 680 foot hole with significant cross winds coming from the ocean, so that disc deserves some recognition.

The impression I'm getting is that the glow vectors are typically less stable than their non-glow counterparts (talking production runs). Is this correct? Mike C, I watched your video and your glows were far straiter, but is that just because of your domey FR? Hard Normal Daddy is the dog's balls btw.

The impression I'm getting is that the glow vectors are typically less stable than their non-glow counterparts (talking production runs). Is this correct? Mike C, I watched your video and your glows were far straiter, but is that just because of your domey FR? Hard Normal Daddy is the dog's balls btw.

To each his own, hard normal daddy owns.

The domiest Axis and flattest Vectors will be pretty close in calm conditions on a straight line drive, but the Vector will do a little better in winds still. Also Vectors will move further left on a hyzer line and fight out of an anny a bit more.

If you wanted a 2 disc MVP mid setup I'd go flat, neutral Axis and domier Eclipse Vector. The domier eclipse vectors are still a different animals than the domey FR but will be further away from the Axis stability-wise.

The domiest Axis and flattest Vectors will be pretty close in calm conditions on a straight line drive, but the Vector will do a little better in winds still. Also Vectors will move further left on a hyzer line and fight out of an anny a bit more.

If you wanted a 2 disc MVP mid setup I'd go flat, neutral Axis and domier Eclipse Vector. The domier eclipse vectors are still a different animals than the domey FR but will be further away from the Axis stability-wise.

Cool, thanks for tip on the two mid setup. Saves a lot of trial and error :thmbup:

Since I get my Ion, Vector, and Axis two weeks ago I have been blown away at how easy they fly with little or no real effort. the Vector kicked my shockwave right out of my bag because I was able to get a really clean release on the Vector where as I was getting some wobble on my shockwave.

Anyone else notice a difference in the overmolds of the productions runs vs. the eclipse vectors? Whenever I hold my production run in my hand it feels very tall, while the eclipse feels like a beadless disc. I put them side by side on a table and could see that the overmold was higher set on the production run. I then noticed that the whole disc seemed to be taller than the eclipse. I'll get picture up when I get home from work later tonight.

My regular production vector has a much bigger bead than my brothers eclipse vector. By much bigger I mean a mil or two, but still enough to be a noticeable difference.

I agree with the comments on the differences between the first runs and the Eclipse Glow, the bead is much bigger on my first run and is much more overstable, it will take a while to break that one in, and the Eclipse Glow has been a more usable disc from the start, if usable means less stable and enables more routes.