• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

My beat Vector turns slower than any disc I've seen, especially considering it's fairly fast for a mid. We had an easy hole this weekend that was 240', but with a low ceiling so I couldn't throw my Ion. There was also a slight headwind. Both rounds I played this position I threw my beat Vector chest high and flat. It flipped about 1 degree and held that straight, slight right flight and flattened as it hit the ground. Both rounds it stopped exactly pin high. Long story short...When you get a Vector beat like mine, it will be your favorite mid.

I have three fairly new Vectors just sitting around collecting dust. I gave them a try when they first came out but it was not what I was looking for. I put them up in the marketplace a few times but no one has snatched them yet. I am glad people are finding a renewed interest in them because I liked the concept of the disc, I am even going to give the Axis a try, but the Vector was just not for me.

I have three fairly new Vectors just sitting around collecting dust. I gave them a try when they first came out but it was not what I was looking for. I put them up in the marketplace a few times but no one has snatched them yet. I am glad people are finding a renewed interest in them because I liked the concept of the disc, I am even going to give the Axis a try, but the Vector was just not for me.

I've got a list in the marketplace smarkquart!

Well one thing I've told many people is the way you throw the disc will affect your view of it quite a bit. If you throw the Vector with low spin and a hyzer release, what you'll see will look a lot like a Drone. If you throw it flat with a lot of spin, it's going to look more like a faster Roc in flight. So if you only ever tried hyzer releases with it you may of thought it was too overstable for your needs.

Either way what do you want to trade them for? :)

I'm pretty excited for my FR Vector to come in the mail. I don't really plan on throwing it a lot. I'm curious to see if the First Runs will be worth anything after awhile. If I end up liking it, I'll probably set out for another FR to collect or wait for a second run.

Have the second run Vector's started yet?

I'm pretty excited for my FR Vector to come in the mail. I don't really plan on throwing it a lot. I'm curious to see if the First Runs will be worth anything after awhile. If I end up liking it, I'll probably set out for another FR to collect or wait for a second run.

Have the second run Vector's started yet?

I don't really see the fr vectors being worth much in the future. The only difference between the fr's and the production runs is that they don't say first run on them, and they got the dome/shoulder of the disc more consistent from disc to disc.

Well I still see them going used about what they go for new. It all depends really, you can't say now that the FR's are any better. I can't say I care that much. I traded a 7/10 11x KC Pro Cheetah for it that I paid $5 for.

2nd run Vectors came out a long time ago. First run of MVP discs are stamped only since the Vector and then they're available unstamped during the 2nd run so if you see unstamped anything from now on it's most-likely 2nd run.

Well one thing I've told many people is the way you throw the disc will affect your view of it quite a bit. If you throw the Vector with low spin and a hyzer release, what you'll see will look a lot like a Drone. If you throw it flat with a lot of spin, it's going to look more like a faster Roc in flight. So if you only ever tried hyzer releases with it you may of thought it was too overstable for your needs.

Either way what do you want to trade them for? :)

I think the main reason they are not for me is that I had a very specific slot and role to fill. I was looking for a mid I could drive relatively flat, maybe a little hyzer but definitely not a hyzer bomb, and have little to no turn with a solid finish without fading so hard that it would not land flat. I needed all of this while also having near-fairway distance that I can power up, beat the wind, and not worry about the problems you have to overcome when you under power a fairway driver.

There is nothing wrong with the Vector, again it was just not for me.

I think the main reason they are not for me is that I had a very specific slot and role to fill. I was looking for a mid I could drive relatively flat, maybe a little hyzer but definitely not a hyzer bomb, and have little to no turn with a solid finish without fading so hard that it would not land flat. I needed all of this while also having near-fairway distance that I can power up, beat the wind, and not worry about the problems you have to overcome when you under power a fairway driver.

There is nothing wrong with the Vector, again it was just not for me.

Sounds like you just described what everyone has been saying about beat in vectors.

Sounds like you just described what everyone has been saying about beat in vectors.

This is what I'm finding...but it takes quite a bit of abuse to beat them in a bit....mine is finally to the point of flying like a new Roc. I like this though, because I can go to a new Vector to get that bit of overstability, yet still workable.

But it does depend on what you want, in smarkquart's defense...I played several rounds of wooded, rocky, tough terrain to help make my Vector "happy." It would take a long time on more open, grassy courses, I imagine.

I'm curious to see how much turn a Vector can develop...

Last edited:
...but it takes quite a bit of abuse to beat them in a bit....

I must admit, after seeing Discspeed's posts about his beat in Vector, I have started "Dropping" it on concrete teepads while waiting to tee off, as well as "accidently" throwing it into trees.

Honestly, I prefer the Axis. Mine is fairly beat in and is currently my all purpose driver. The other discs in my bag are getting jealous.

I must admit, after seeing Discspeed's posts about his beat in Vector, I have started "Dropping" it on concrete teepads while waiting to tee off, as well as "accidently" throwing it into trees.

Honestly, I prefer the Axis. Mine is fairly beat in and is currently my all purpose driver. The other discs in my bag are getting jealous.

im looking forward to new vector/truly beat vector, new axis/truly beat axis. my vector is more beat then my axis but i probably wont need to add a 2nd of either til it gets warm again (i play a lot less in the cold). loving what my vector is doing and cant wait for it to be more beat. axis is the same thing kinda but still has some significant fade unless crushed or torqued, so its still far from beat. my home course has i guess 4/27 open holes so trees are plentiful...just a matter of time before winters over and my axis is abused:popcorn:

...and spike hyzer approach shots for the heck of it...

yea definitely something i need to invest in doing...always think about it when im not on the course but once i get out there i kinda get in game mode and forget to throw 2nd shots like so.