• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Aa a person who struggles with OAT I can tell you the Vector is a good disc to get if you want to work on eliminating OAT. It is sesnitve enough that you know when you are applying OAT, but such a teue flighy path you know when you've got it right. However if you are looking for a disc that works well with an OATY throwimg style then the vector will come off as squirrelly.

such a teue flighy path you know when you've got it right. However if you are looking for a disc that works well with an OATY throwimg style then the vector will come off as squirrelly.

a9QP0ff.png

Aa a person who struggles with OAT I can tell you the Vector is a good disc to get if you want to work on eliminating OAT. It is sesnitve enough that you know when you are applying OAT, but such a teue flighy path you know when you've got it right. However if you are looking for a disc that works well with an OATY throwimg style then the vector will come off as squirrelly.

That must be it. My technique sucks, not the disc. Thanks

:clap:

You guys are making me want to break out my old FR Vector. I took it out because of the crazy skip and now use a Tensor.
:popcorn:

i haven't been getting too much skip out of my vector - at least not that i can see since i really only use it for straight to fade or hyzer lines. i got more skip out of my tensor for the round i gave it a chance.

i dunno. *shrug*

i will say that the vector has secured its spot in my bag; i love just being able to walk up to holes and say "this is a hole for disc x". my midari used to be that disc, as well as my point and shoot long upshot/drive disc. the vector can't replace it in the upshot capacity just yet, but it certainly has earned its keep as a good replacement overall.

i did have a slightly errant drive where i saw that "line lock" you guys are talking about, though. it was kind of cool looking. i had some definite wobble on my release; then all of a sudden it stopped and just locked on to the hyzer line i initially wanted after it lost some speed, so it crashed a little harder. still wound up on the fairway, but it was interesting to watch, like it had some homing device in it, haha.

^^Just the opposite for me.
*dunno, shrugs*
The Tensor sits pretty good for me. But I must say that the wooded courses I play here in the South tend to have alot of leaf/pine needle duff. I'm thinking that's why my Vector skips so much...?

^^Just the opposite for me.
*dunno, shrugs*
The Tensor sits pretty good for me. But I must say that the wooded courses I play here in the South tend to have alot of leaf/pine needle duff. I'm thinking that's why my Vector skips so much...?

There's a lot of pine needle cover on some of the courses i play, i dont get bigger skips with the vector than any other disc, just depends how you throw it.

I do want to say how much im enjoying my BEAT eclipse vector though! this thing is so beat that i can lock it into a dead straight line and it wont turn and has almost no LSS fade anymore!! its awesome.. similar to a fresh eclipse tangent only much longer and easier to power up 100%. When cranked real hard (350'+) and low it has a tiny amount of turn but not really turn, it just floats right a little bit. For how straight it is with the HSS makes it a kill switch whenever i need a trusty reliable long straight drive :)

i dont have the biggest arm, i hit 360 370 on a good day in the field. Had the vector in n and eclipse in the field tonight. The neutron id rate at 8/10 is dead nuts straight almost no fade now. the eclipse was the same for 80% bit the fade kicks in and it landed about 20 feet left and 15 short of the neutrons for me. I am loving the vector, but here is the strange part for me it may not fit anymore because its too long. I need to work on it more but i am having issues ranging it lately. I have developed a ton more snap this summer so i am revisiting molds. this vector is some mid. more time needed. sorry for the rant.

Does anyone know if the FRs are more stable? Or have a plh comparison? I need something a little more stable but not quite tensor. (Sticking with MVP discs)

yes domey protons (FR's were generally domey) vectors are a bit more OS than flat ones. thinking the new resistor will actually fill the slot between shock/tensor like you would use a longer-faster vector or fresh FR stability but fairway flight/speed.

Does anyone know if the FRs are more stable? Or have a plh comparison? I need something a little more stable but not quite tensor. (Sticking with MVP discs)
I suggest a Wasp. I switched from a Wasp to a Vector because I felt they had the same flight but the Vector had a bit less fade. Plus, a Wasp is going to be a million tmies easier to find/buy than a dwindling supply of first run Vectors.

My 2 FR green Vectors were both practically board flat and were beefy as hell. That's all I can tell you. :\

My guess is that any FR Vector is probably more workable than a Tensor without breaking into much less overstable as a fresh KC Pro Roc. YMMV

I suggest a Wasp. I switched from a Wasp to a Vector because I felt they had the same flight but the Vector had a bit less fade. Plus, a Wasp is going to be a million tmies easier to find/buy than a dwindling supply of first run Vectors.

An overstable Wasp is harder to find than a FR Vector. Normal run Vectors are more overstable than an average Wasp and there are a lot of Wasps out there that are closer to a Buzzz than a Vector.

That's what stopped me on em. I had an old one I liked, threw it in a swamp, bought a second, hated it, and haven't touched a Wasp since.

I have one Wasp and it's much more stable than my FR Vectors. I don't use it much at all with my Zone and Vector next to it. Neutron Vectors are becoming my straight mid but might leave the bag if the FR proton gets more seasoned over the next year...

Woops, wrong MVP thread.

But I am adding a neutron vector to my bag! And a Med eclipse ion!

I've gotten my 174 Neutron Vector really beat in and it's become my goto mid.

I can throw it hard and not turn it over and get it out to almost 300 feet. Usually goes dead straight with a little fade at the end but it I give it just a tiny bit of hyzer and some height I can still get a lot of fade on it.

For some reason I range this disk better than any of my other ones except maybe my Ion. It's so easy to throw. The more beat in I get my MVP the better they're getting.

Threw a Vector for the first time today - 174 Neutron. I was surprised at how straight it flew. I was expecting some fade at the end but there was none. Liked the flight a lot, and the distance was decent for being in the slush.

Latest posts