• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Any tips on getting an anhyzer s-curve out of the vector? I'm mostly either rolling it or having it fly hard right on a hole where I can get a solid s-curve out of a buzz a fair portion of the time.

Possibly your vectors more beat in? Anyhow I would throw with less power/Different release angle/ or more hight so it can S out.

The beaded design keeps it turned over longer than a mid like the buzzz which wants to fly straight.

If your vector rolls from a anhyzer something is up with your release.

Decrease your release angle and increase your snap. With a vector it is easier to shape lines by adjusting the amount of snap than by release angle.

Decrease your release angle and increase your snap. With a vector it is easier to shape lines by adjusting the amount of snap than by release angle.

Devil's advocate here - it's way easier for less experienced players to adjust their release angle/disc selection/power level than snap alone. It may be easy for you/myself/others, but that doesn't make it the best advice if they aren't capable.

@Phule - Mully is correct though, sorry:)

^watch a vid of Barry Schultz.

I get great snap with less arm speed by reaching back kind of wide like he does. Mids and especially putters. For putter throws where I don't want to just rip it, I really try to feel like I'm exaggerating that, or when I get a couple throws where I'm not getting the snap, I'll focus on that.

So I am debating on an Eclipse Vector. Currently I have a moonshine Verdict, P Alias, P Tangent, and Tournament Tursas as my mids. I'm wondering if the Vector will slot in between the Verdict and the Alias, or is it too close to the Verdict. I want something about as fast as my Axis was, but with more HSS and a little more LSS. I don't need the harder fade of the Verdict though.

Also, how shallow does the Vector feel compared to the Axis and Alias? I far prefer the feel of the Alias and Tangent to my other discs.

axis and vector are very similar in feel. I am not familiar with a verdict but the vector is an axis which flies more OS (bigger bead than axis and faster profile than tangent/alias/tensor)

You might actually like a seasoned tensor more than a vector if you want something shorter and very HSS. It will have a good amount of fade when brand new and if heavy w/slight dome but a flat lighter tensor is a very straight shooting mid which is more in line with the speed of the alias/tangent that you like the feel of.

Tensor is unique feeling though too its not like a axis/vector at all and actually what I don't like about it most is the feel in the hand.

I agree with everything above...except the very last part. I find the Tensor to be very comfortable, although unique, in the hand. It feels great for FH too.

I really would prefer something faster/longer than the Alias. I miss the extra 20' or so the Axis got me. It just wasn't as consistent as my Alias is. The Verdict is pretty OS, not as much as a Drone, but it has replaced most of the shots my lost Drone used to take in my bag. I think the Tensor sounds like a shorter Verdict.

I was hoping the Vector would have the distance of the Axis with the feel of the Alias, and the stability of something like an Envy. I guess I'll just have to keep looking, or wait patiently for Axiom to come up with something new for that slot.

The Vector should fill what your looking for. Definately worth a try, I love mine. Neutron and Eclipse. Very similar to Axis, feels like the same disc as others have mentioned.

I really would prefer something faster/longer than the Alias. I miss the extra 20' or so the Axis got me. It just wasn't as consistent as my Alias is. The Verdict is pretty OS, not as much as a Drone, but it has replaced most of the shots my lost Drone used to take in my bag. I think the Tensor sounds like a shorter Verdict.

I was hoping the Vector would have the distance of the Axis with the feel of the Alias, and the stability of something like an Envy. I guess I'll just have to keep looking, or wait patiently for Axiom to come up with something new for that slot.

The Vector is exactly what you describe.

The Vector doesn't "feels" like an Alias in the hand. Although the rest of what you are looking for is definitely something the Vector would give you.
Edit:
The Vector feels almost exactly like a Star San Marino Roc, or so my memory tells me (I haven't use my Star Roc in a long time).

between the vector and the tangent you can possess the only two midrange shapes/ flights that matter.

the vector does not look anything like the alias, but it looks exactly how a midrange should. no matter what it looks like its the best midrange on the market, and yes i do mean better than the tangent. if youve already thrown an axis you will LOVE the vector.

I'm sorry, I read that wrong. Yes, the Vector feels different from the Alias.

I believe that the Axis is possibly the best mid in disc golf. The Vector is its beefier brother, and they feel the same. A seasoned Eclipse Vector is a thing of beauty.

The Vector doesn't "feels" like an Alias in the hand. Although the rest of what you are looking for is definitely something the Vector would give you.
Edit:
The Vector feels almost exactly like a Star San Marino Roc, or so my memory tells me (I haven't use my Star Roc in a long time).

Feels like a Roc clone to me too.