• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Thanks for all the input. I'll have to go to one of my local shops to see if they have one to feel.

The only other question I have is, is the Vector as nose angle sensitive as the Axis?

If you've got a lot of power it is more forgiving due to its nature, though. If you are a power thrower it is more workable at high speed.

I think it's a little more forgiving than the Axis due to its added stability. Speaking from my personal experience with the two. The Axis is more touchy because it is so neutral. Love them both

Vector should probably give you what you want. It's very much like a sanny roc. I ditched my Vector fairly quickly in favor of the opto Pain because it has better HSS than the Vector does and carries usually 15'-20' further. With more stability you'll often lose a little distance compared to your more neutral mids. Also, keep in mind that the Vector will ride an anny line into the ground if you force it or have release issues in medium winds. When they first came out, the Vector was just too close to the Axis for me to use both...they apparently fixed that, though.

Last edited:
I'll jump on the "get yosef an Eclipse Vector" train. I've had my E Vector for two years now, has my first ace on it, and it's my most reliable and most used mid. It beats in to an absolute machine that flies long, reliable lines with dependable fade. It's not a "crush all the winds!" kinda disc, but it'll fight to hold its line.

The comparison to an Envy is pretty accurate, excepting that a beat up Vector will flip up onto a flat line from a shallow hyzer, whereas an Envy will hold whatever hyzer you give it.

If I had to give up all but one MVP disc, I'd keep my E Vector. No questions asked.

I am definitely not a power thrower. I have yet to break 300' with a mid. I came closest with my Axis, and the other day got my Alias to about 270-280'. I don't really want a replacement for my Alias or Tangent as my more neutral mids. Honestly, I don't even know if there's that much gap between my Alias and my Verdict to warrant a Vector. I've just had a few shots where my Alias didn't fade back as much as I expected and in the past my Verdict has skipped too far left past the basket.

If I get a chance, I'll feel one at a shop, but the more we talk about it, the more I think I'm pretty happy with my current mids. Maybe if eclipse Envy's will ever be released...

Just got the Vector from my friend today (finally, been here since Thursday but he didn't pick it up till Friday), and got to throw it a few times before playing Ultimate tonight. It's basically what I was hoping, a good tweener driver that should be accurate and fit well on several holes at Timmons. .

:hfive: enjoy my friend.

so many good vector shots today. i should go back to the ion anode vector axis days when thats all mvp had. i pretty much carry other discs to fill space in my bag.

It's funny, I had Vectors long ago but cycled through many discs over the past two summers to come back to a fresh 178 E I had sitting in the closet. As a freshy, it has a touch more HSS than my seasoned G* Roc3, slightly less LSS and the same range, but ends up a few feet more forward on account of the forward fade. In early proceedings, it seems like a long Envy. I'm going to have fun rediscovering this disc.

so many good vector shots today. i should go back to the ion anode vector axis days when thats all mvp had. i pretty much carry other discs to fill space in my bag.

I miss those days. I made shots with the Vector/Axis then that I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate. Once outdrove the local course pros on a tricky, dead-straight-to-penetrating-fade-or-die causeway hole with the Vector. I almost hung up my discs after that epic feat.

Never been able to replicate it since, even with the faster drivers.

I don't think I'll ever be able to love a disc like I love my beat E Vector...

Played an all-around rather bad round yesterday, but every time I pulled out my E Vector (which was quite often on this particular course), it did its job so very well. The number of weird lines I could hit on get-out-of-trouble shots saved many a par, and off the tee it almost nabbed me two more aces.

As it wears in, I'm starting to understand a little of why Roc fans will bag only one mid mold. This Vector, paired with a fresh Vector, covers all my midrange needs. Such an awesome disc.

I still have hope that one day someone will return my 174 black Vector to me. It was lost on hole #6 at Bradford in NC. It was beat to perfection.

I replaced it but the plastic on this yellow/green one is not as soft. I need to at least find myself another black one.

So grabbed two new E Vectors, and they arrived today. Both are part of "older" runs (well, I'm assuming) since they have the weight written in pen on the rim.

But they have more dome than I'm used to coming from MVP. The heaviest (179) has a rather high dome, popping up a good two or three millimeters higher than my beat Vector.

So. Anyone with a broader experience with Vectors weigh in on the affects of a prominent dome? Can't get out to chuck them for another couple of days, so I'm scratching the curiosity itch here...

vectors and axis specially older runs have some good dome but even current ones are not flat like other MVP discs. IMO the flat runs fly less HSS and not true to design. Those around 180g always seem to have good dome too. Nothing to sweat-- its how they should be!

I've finally gotten to where I can get a clean release on my Vector, and it's pretty nice...except during that time, it's been killed by the Envy. Basically, between them, the Axis, and a Servo, I don't have a need for a true OS mid.