• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New Hybrid Barstamp Z Zones

ordered a green one.. It looks more like the Big Z plastic blend than the Hornet Z. I mean, if they made a Big Z Zone... what would they use for the Big Stamp? Hence the Discraft bar stamp.

I would imagine it would be something along these lines...

( . ) ( . )

Nail it...

They had some boxes of them at DD today. Like he said ^ it's the big z blend I think. Kind of softer and opaque Z but still firm and not as soft as that hornet Z. They had some sweet colors. I didn't see any I would call pearly it had that whitish pearl tint. Just blended in so not swirly at all which is what I tend to call pearly. Very cool for zone throwers.

So yeah, i got mine in today. It's Big Z plastic. Looks like a mix of Z and Ti. Looks great, feels great.
REVIEWS!!! I'm very interested in how these fly. Would love to have a slightly less overstable Z Zone.

REVIEWS!!! I'm very interested in how these fly. Would love to have a slightly less overstable Z Zone.

Are these flat or puddle-topped?

lol. They are flat, and a Zone is a zone is a zone. It flies like a zone. There is no sense in splitting hairs with a slightly less overstable zone fresh zone. I suggest getting a pro-d zone and begin hitting trees if you want a slightly less overstable zone.

lol. They are flat, and a Zone is a zone is a zone. It flies like a zone. There is no sense in splitting hairs with a slightly less overstable zone fresh zone. I suggest getting a pro-d zone and begin hitting trees if you want a slightly less overstable zone.

Not really the point... The flatness is a part of the grip and how it feels in your hand. A dome or puddle is going to change how it feels let alone how it flies.

Slightly less overstable Z Zones are on sale at most major disc sellers right now. Just do a search for "Lucid Suspect."

Slightly less overstable Z Zones are on sale at most major disc sellers right now. Just do a search for "Lucid Suspect."

I love my suspect but mine is a full tick less overstable than a z zone.
Joker I would be a much closer slightly less OS Z zone replacement.

Not even close - they don't even feel the same and the Suspect is beaded. If you don't want a massively overstable putter-mid tweener, you probably don't want a Zone in premium plastic.

That is what I was thinking ... I won't lie - that blend is not good in terms of durability or grip.

If this is the same blend of plastic that the Emac Buzzz SS came out in (like I believe it is), then I would have to disagree. Grip is a hard thing to debate because everyone has different preferences, but the durability I can comment on. I have had the same Emac Buzzz SS in the bag for two years now(4-6 rounds a week) and it still flies great. The disc itself is still in great shape too. I would rate it at a 7/10. It has also hit many trees and full speed since its my wooded gap mid.

This is just my opinion.. but overall I like the plastic blend the best out of discrafts recent attempts.

Got mine and it definitely feels like the Big Z plastic. Nice grip, good feel overall. Not sure if it will kick the cryztal flx out, but I'll at least be willing to give it a shot!

FWIW, if you want to split hairs, my mint-green special edition (Big Z) zone is more overstable than the Z and Crystal Flex zones i have.

FWIW, if you want to split hairs, my mint-green special edition (Big Z) zone is more overstable than the Z and Crystal Flex zones i have.

As far as I can tell, there is no Zone in the Big Z collection. Discraft's site says it's only the Buzzz, Zombie, Mantis, and Crank so far, and those are the only Big Z models I can find at online retailers. Where did you get this Big Z Zone and do you have pictures of it?