• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New Hybrid Barstamp Z Zones

Slightly less overstable Z Zones are on sale at most major disc sellers right now. Just do a search for "Lucid Suspect."

Not even close bro... I PIF'ed away my Z Zones and picked up 4 suspects, reg run lucid, FR and they are nowhere near as O/S as a zone. Anybody that wants to try one let me know, I will hook you up................jb

As far as I can tell, there is no Zone in the Big Z collection. Discraft's site says it's only the Buzzz, Zombie, Mantis, and Crank so far, and those are the only Big Z models I can find at online retailers. Where did you get this Big Z Zone and do you have pictures of it?

here http://www.ebay.com/itm/310933751497
and here https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-Big-Z-Zone-Bar-Stamp-p/0344-0.htm

some more chatter and discussion here starting post #72
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102412&page=8

Last edited:
A couple days in with the Big Z Zone and I love it. Got some backups on their way and the Cryztal FLX is now out of the bag.

How do the Big Z Zones compare to the stiff ESP Zones? I found the stiff ESP to be the most overstable, and those are the ones I throw. Every Z and CryZtal Zone I've thrown has been on the straighter side, kind of like a year-long seasoned stiff ESP.

How do the Big Z Zones compare to the stiff ESP Zones? I found the stiff ESP to be the most overstable, and those are the ones I throw. Every Z and CryZtal Zone I've thrown has been on the straighter side, kind of like a year-long seasoned stiff ESP.

I'm interested in this question too.

I've got a Big Z on the way, and I'm going to throw it alongside my year old stiff ESP to see how it does. I'll return with some results.

I can say it's more overstable than my Cryztal FLX, but it's been a while since I've busted out the ESP, so I'm not 100% sure.

my concave topped glo z zones are every bit as stable as my esp's, with the benefit of better grip. booted the esp's to the storage bin.

my concave topped glo z zones are every bit as stable as my esp's, with the benefit of better grip. booted the esp's to the storage bin.

I would agree that the Glo Zs are as overstable as the concave ESPs, but I've noticed there's a tremendous tradeoff in durability. My first ESP is still as beefy as the day I got it, and I've been noticing my Glo Z is starting to fade later.

Just got my Big Z Zone in the mail from DD, and boy is it sweet. I can't wait to throw it, so here's hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow. Feels nice and grippy, and looks sharp with the elegant barstamp. If only these were regular production.

I stocked up just in case they aren't regular production. I had one shipped to me and love the way it flies so much that I decided to get an additional one of each color!!

Got a mail call with 5 Big Z Zones yesterday!!!! I LOVE this disc!! And I'm happy I got them before they sold out of max weight!!!

I would agree that the Glo Zs are as overstable as the concave ESPs, but I've noticed there's a tremendous tradeoff in durability. My first ESP is still as beefy as the day I got it, and I've been noticing my Glo Z is starting to fade later.

yeah i have had the same concave esp zone in the bag for almost 5 years and its still a beefy hog lol ... not as beefy as she once as but hell after near 5 years what should i expect lol .. working in a new esp as we speak but these z's sure do look tasty

I would highly recommend getting your hands on one of these, they feel and fly amazing!! My favorite Zones thus far!!

I threw my Big Z Zone a bit yesterday. I'm still not used to how it feels, but it always takes me a lot of time to get used to a new disc. It feels chunkier than my concave ESP, and this is probably because the flightplate is flat to mildly convex, so it fits in the hand differently.

I've been throwing the same ESP Zone for about a year, but it's still plenty overstable. This new Zone is much more overstable than my ESP is now, and seems to be more overstable than the ESP was out of the box. I threw it on a hole that's usually easy mode with the Zone, a 260' downhill slight dogleg left, and the Big Z faded out way early. I remember parking that hole easily with my ESP right after I bought it. So these might be more overstable than some production ESPs.

yep, i actually shelved my Big Z and put my Crystal Z back in the bag for league night. The Big Z is just so darn overstable, it starts fading during your reach-back! :gross:

I didn't think they were THAT overstable. Not to mention, isn't that the appeal of Zones? Wouldn't being the most ridiculously beefy disc fit exactly what you're looking for in a Zone?

I didn't think they were THAT overstable. Not to mention, isn't that the appeal of Zones? Wouldn't being the most ridiculously beefy disc fit exactly what you're looking for in a Zone?

yes and no. Yes when i am familiar enough with it to use confidently.

No when you're on a course that doesn't need it. I.e., i'm not walking into a strip club with a wallet full of nickels.

Hey, I am fairly vocal about zones being zones and their isn't much sense splitting hairs over how different runs fly. And that's still true. I just need some more 1 on 1 time with this new BigZ before we get more serious.

Depends. I have a concave ESP that, as JRawk said, "is just so darn overstable, it starts fading during your reach-back!" It's definitely a fixture in my bag, but no way that it gets the distance or is as workable as other Zone's I've thrown. Plus it's that super stiff ESP which takes like a gazillion years to beat in. Mine's been in my bag for almost 3 years now, gets thrown at least once a round, and has probably lost a centimeter of HSS.

The meathook is great for a lot of situations, but having a more workable Zone is a nice thing too.