• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainmaker is being released (Glow D Line Flex 3) in Mid July - $19.99.

Innova sells their glow d-line plastic for $12.99. I can't believe they are selling a baseline plastic putter for the same price as the premium plastic in the Evolution line. I definitely don't mind supporting Eagle (Assuming that is where 20-30% of $$$ is going), but man, $20 for a baseline putter is pretty wild.

more comparable would be glow KC Pro (CFR ~ $16-17) or PM Luna ($21-22!!). Stock D Line Flex2 DM-made P2s are ~$12-13.

Agree that $20 + shipping is a lot for an unknown plastic blend that could wear out quickly. Not sure how the initial mystery box Rainmakers have held up.

Surely you must notice that the recent releases of all new Originals discs have been fluid, flawless, and with ample inventory for all. We're very proud of that.

I admit the supply for the new stuff has been impressive. I can walk into just about any local retailer or order from a lot of online vendors right now and easily get a P2, an MD3, an FD, a PD, or a DD3.

Job well done in that department.

Logistical assumptions here are correct, however. We don't have the time at the moment to limit and segment these into 3000-5000 orders or you, the customer, aren't going to be happy waiting for your order to be shipped in a few weeks. Each action we perform has causes, benefits and ultimately, always a consequence no matter what.

This bit (amongst others) has me confused. So you're saying that you didn't have the time to split this drop into even more orders. I can definitely understand that. Logistics are a b@#$&. But the reasoning is that then shipping leads would have been longer and people would have been upset?

I'm curious if the people that were frantically trying to place an order and missed out would feel even more upset if they had been successful in ordering, but had to wait a bit longer to get them? It's my understanding that those people that missed out are about to wait considerably longer to get what they were trying to order.....or pay absurd prices to the successful scalpers.

Logistical assumptions here are correct, however. We don't have the time at the moment to limit and segment these into 3000-5000 orders or you, the customer, aren't going to be happy waiting for your order to be shipped in a few weeks. Each action we perform has causes, benefits and ultimately, always a consequence no matter what.

Let me see, which do I prefer…
You decide to not limit qtys, so in a few weeks I can see the S-Line TD that I tried to buy get listed on E-bay for double $$.
Or, you decide to limit qtys, and I would have to wait a few weeks for the order to ship out.
I could have waited happily, and it wouldn't be the first time I have patiently waited for a DM delivery.
If you had waited until Fall, and limited qtys, at least I'd probably have a couple S-Line TDs.
As it is, you have fewer, larger orders and I have nothing but a bad taste…

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but it was a poor customer-relations decision based on your convenience.
On your part, at least you were honest. I respect that.
You responded, and I respect that.

As I said, it gets harder all the time to stick with DM, due to the Innova situation and the costly and long transition to independent mfg.
The things that are out of your control, I can forgive.
This, is harder to accept.
Your explanation, while honest, doesn't help much.

Ps.....while I admittedly sound like a d!ck right now, I do give Jussi all the credit and respect in the world for how transparent he is and how he handles everything. Easily the easiest CEO of a disc company to like and respect.

Out of curiosity, which molds did he develop? I don't know that one can really call it a disc company until they develop and produce a disc...ya know.

DM Support,

With regards to the X-outs release:

I've only been playing for 2.5 years so I don't even bag an Innova-produced "Originals" mold in my bag, so I lack the same perspective as others who have been bagging and depending upon the same molds for years. Having said that, I can wrap my mind around both sides.

On the one hand, it sucks to see people snagging multiples of the same molds when you know that some are just going to turn them around and sell for a profit at an inflated price. People get excited to snag one of the last sought after molds only to be disappointed. It sucks, no doubt about it. Could it have been done in a "fairer" way? Yes, but I also see the practical aspect of just getting the molds out of the warehouse and clearing up the shelf and mind space. Sometimes it is just easier to move on and take a less labor intensive route. We all do it every day in our personal and professional lives even if we don't want to admit it. With the thousands of people trying to snag molds it was never going to make everyone happy anyways. That's just how it goes.

Having said that, 95% of my bag right now is a combination of Evolution line and New Original line DM molds. I love throwing all of them and I am happy to be throwing molds that can be easily replaced. I am stoked for the upcoming releases and hope to fill the current non-DM holes in my bag (Scorch - my main distance driver (Paradigm?), and Firebird - soon to be the FD3). Y'all are killing it not only from a production and quality perspective, but also from a engagement and social media perspective. I know its only going to get better.

I work as a medical provider and I deal with negative feedback from time to time for doing my job the right (and frankly only ethical) way to do it. It's just the nature of the world we live in. Look for the practical areas you can learn from in critical feedback and then move on. You'll save yourselves a lot of stress this way.

AG

Last edited:
I was working, set an alarm for the x-out release, heard the alarm in the middle of coordinating with three coworkers. Finally logged in a bit late to completely have missed the opportunity to be angry. I wasn't expecting DM to suddenly release x-outs. I didn't get any x-outs. Had I known about this weeks ago, already been invested in OOP molds, AND missed out, then I'd be camp anger.

I am curious how long DM sat on these x-outs. When Casey White went to the warehouse there were x-outs galore. I suspect innova dropped a truckload of old stock in DM's lap… maybe part of a contract settlement? People don't think disc golf reality show be like it is, but it do.

[waits for c-line P2 and future stock flex3 P2??] :popcorn:

I admit the supply for the new stuff has been impressive. I can walk into just about any local retailer or order from a lot of online vendors right now and easily get a P2, an MD3, an FD, a PD, or a DD3.

Job well done in that department.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

The old smash and grab is a thing of the past. A thing that unfortunately surfaced with this x-out drop, but I try to look forward to where there is a full lineup of Discmania manufactured molds with inventory to swim in like Scrooge McDuck, instead of looking backwards to the days of old.

Seeing Simons latest P2 Sky God promo made me wonder if i could make all those acese if i tryed an hour a day over a years time, , , , Simon is truely the "Sky God"

Seeing Simons latest P2 Sky God promo made me wonder if i could make all those acese if i tryed an hour a day over a years time, , , , Simon is truely the "Sky God"

That is a classic Simon video! Although, he was only throwing in one disc at a time.

I have been throwing the Premium Sensei, and it's a great disc, but sadly no throw-ins or aces. I will be looking for some flattish Sky God IV to transition over, and start acing it up, I'm pretty sure.

DM,

First off, congrats on the Sky God 4 Release - Sold out pretty quickly though it seems like there were enough to go around between other online retailers and brick & mortar stores. Simon is drawing huge attention. I hope he gets another limited release soon. Maybe the MD1?

Question: What is the update on the membership program that was hinted at in last year's survey? Is this still something in the works or just not happening at all? I think the concept of a membership program is very attractive for those of who enjoy supporting DM, but are interested in taking it to a different level in reward for special perks.

I hope Discmania can get the MD1 out. . thats a new disc that Simon actually throws. . most of his bag is old stuff that never going to be made again. . .but the MD1 is one of the few new ones he throws. . .please make some

I use my md1 a lot more than I thought I would. I had always used my putter for straight shots between trees before this.

I'd love a production run one at some point so I can stop throwing the one I wouldn't be able to replace if I was to lose it. Which has already almost happened twice.

Good job on the release today. Don't see how anyone who wanted in was not able to pick up what they want.

Stoked to get my order.

Good job on the release today. Don't see how anyone who wanted in was not able to pick up what they want.

Stoked to get my order.

Agree.

I asked locally and the Metal Flake FD3 wasn't available to retailers, unlike the Rainmaker (I'm staying with the P2). I hate paying taxes AND shipping… but I grabbed two FD3 anyway because wife said ok. Wanted to feel them first. No wing image Discmania?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts