• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

I asked locally and the Metal Flake FD3 wasn't available to retailers, unlike the Rainmaker (I'm staying with the P2). I hate paying taxes AND shipping… but I grabbed two FD3 anyway because wife said ok. Wanted to feel them first. No wing image Discmania?

I held off on the fd3. It was in my cart, but figured the wife wouldn't have been ok with the putters and the fd3s.

Was a tough call... Debated whether I wanted to argue why I needed more drivers.

Hi Discmania - Follow up from a year ago:

S-FD used to be my workhorse fairway driver, and I miss it since switching to lighter drivers (162 grams or less). Recently, Innova produced a batch of light Star Hawkeyes (S-FD equivalent, as I understand it) so I ordered a pile at 162-163 grams to test.

I realize that Discmania has a ton on its plate right now. Perhaps lightweight S-FDs will be available by 2023? I may need some backups by then. ;)

There are lots of creaky old disc golfers like me who prefer lighter discs. I suspect that Discmania is missing part of its potential market.

Once you get the new operation up and running, are you likely to make drivers in the 150-162 gram range? I have bagged quite a few Discmania discs over the years (S-FD, S-CD, S-PD, P-PD, S-CD2, etc.), but when I switched to lighter drivers it became difficult or impossible to find discs at my preferred weight.

Thanks!

It will definitely remain a goal to get weights in this neighborhood but even in 2022 we're not certain it will happen. 165-169g weights should always be an option for now, though.

Hi Discmania - Follow up from a year ago:

S-FD used to be my workhorse fairway driver, and I miss it since switching to lighter drivers (162 grams or less). Recently, Innova produced a batch of light Star Hawkeyes (S-FD equivalent, as I understand it) so I ordered a pile at 162-163 grams to test.

I realize that Discmania has a ton on its plate right now. Perhaps lightweight S-FDs will be available by 2023? I may need some backups by then. ;)

There are lots of creaky old disc golfers like me who prefer lighter discs. I suspect that Discmania is missing part of its potential market.

Discmania has never been big on lighter weight discs (sub 167g or so). If you need a flippier fairway driver, try the Essence and Genius. You'll probably get the flight you're looking for.

Discmania has never been big on lighter weight discs (sub 167g or so).

Truth

If you need a flippier fairway driver, try the Essence and Genius. You'll probably get the flight you're looking for.

Thanks, I will check out those discs.

What I am actually looking for is lightweight and nearly stable (think perfectly seasoned 150s DX Teebird in durable plastic). The S-FD offered that flight plus surprisingly good distance for my creaky old arm.

What I am actually looking for is lightweight and nearly stable (think perfectly seasoned 150s DX Teebird in durable plastic). The S-FD offered that flight plus surprisingly good distance for my creaky old arm.

At one point in time, I was bagging 5 different FD's in varying plastic types and weights. I'm now bagging 2, an Essence, and a Genius. And truthfully, in the woods, I'm finding myself throwing the Essence and Genius more than my FD's.

The Genius is very flippy. Probably very similar to your beat up, paperweight DX Teebirds. But in the premium plastic, it's just what you're looking for.

Allow me to pile on? Find 165-169 Essences. Easy hyzer flip, straight, fade. Easy slight hyzer, flip and glide right, land flat. Easy high anny that stays on line. Thrown hard it's a brilliant roller, and maybe the longest disc in your bag on a wide open high distance line. My favorite disc is a 166 Essence. The max weights fly like pros throw the FD, but for regular arms.

Allow me to pile on? Find 165-169 Essences. Easy hyzer flip, straight, fade. Easy slight hyzer, flip and glide right, land flat. Easy high anny that stays on line. Thrown hard it's a brilliant roller, and maybe the longest disc in your bag on a wide open high distance line. My favorite disc is a 166 Essence. The max weights fly like pros throw the FD, but for regular arms.

Essence sounds like a lovely disc and I appreciate the suggestion, truly. But I do not throw drivers in those weights any more.

Companies that offer a good selection of drivers in the 150s (Innova, MVP, Axiom) get my business these days. I would love Discmania to join this group at some point, because I used to throw quite a few of their drivers.

Thanks again!

So the new Cloudbreaker mold disc was offically (unoffical) leaked. When can we expect to see those hitting stores?

Just a quick shout out - I love the Rainmaker. I went from an inconsistent but usually horrible putter to someone who can put together a decent round with only an occasional miss that can be offset with a big time and or necessary hit.

In Simons latest Vlog he said that the MD1 will be his nest sig, disc. . så not a "stock" run but maybe the Simon MD1 will be the Stock one?

looks like he teased a signature disc, might have been the MD1... cant wait!

Just a quick shout out - I love the Rainmaker. I went from an inconsistent but usually horrible putter to someone who can put together a decent round with only an occasional miss that can be offset with a big time and or necessary hit.

I switched over to rainmakers when the box came out. Added a pair of glows too. I'm a bit surprised there isn't a thread about them. I rely on them a lot during rounds.

Discmania "must" make a disc for Eagles win, wonder what it will be?
Has his bag changed no that he don´t throw any FH. . it´s hard to tell his bag from the DGN videos

Discmania "must" make a disc for Eagles win, wonder what it will be?
Has his bag changed no that he don´t throw any FH. . it´s hard to tell his bag from the DGN videos

So you're telling me that Eagle won the European Open? Thanks bruh!

Will the new Creator Series Cloudbreakers be available to retailers or DM Factory Store Exclusive?

Dang those Triumph Series preorders went quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts