• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who am I to disagree with a official support guy, but IMO all the "Italian" MD3s and DD3s I have were indeed on the gummy side. Or course, the definition of gummy and the perceived amount may vary from one person to another but personally I thought they had a good amount of give. Which I do like.

I concur. Gummy is the exact description I'd use. They're nice feeling and looking, but I'm not sure why anyone would say they're not a little gummy feeling.

Had my subscription pass, and got my mystery box ordered. Now for the wait. Be fun to try out the MD1, and interested to see the what else it comes with. What plastics. Etc. I suppose I will do a viddy of me opening it.

I like the MD2 better than the MD1 (if an MD1 is the same as a Mako3).

The original MD and MD3 were good discs. The MD1 and MD2 not so much.

Not sure but I think this new MD1 is actually similar to the original MD which is pretty much the Mako3?

It's been forever since I've felt an MD1, and it was a first run, but I want to remember it feeling kinda like a shark in the hand. I don't think it had a bead, but kinda felt like it did in the hand. I believe at one point there was talk of it getting retooled but I'm not sure if that ever happened. Might have been before the MD was released, and they just opted for a new model altogether. It's been so long ago I honestly don't remember.

People liked the flat MD2's, which might have been seriously one batch of opaque ones. Any that I have felt in person were domey and gross feeling. There was an old in the bag video with Climo and he talked about how the Innova guys finally had a buzzz clone with the MD2.

Not a lot of difference flight wise between the two, which is why the MD1 was supposed to be getting retooled, but like I said I'm honestly not sure if it happened or not. MD3 came out and those had a noticeable amount more fade than the others and people just seemed to click with it more. Probably because they were fairly flat consistently.

The MD is similar to a mako, and could very well share some mold pieces. I've definitely seen domey MD's though.

MD1 wasn't really popular at the time…the first run s and sg lines sat around forever at shops. For all intents and purposes though it looks like the new MD1 is basically flight and appearance wise what the original MD was. Having MD and MD1 seems kinda redundant so maybe a consolidation? New MD3 is out so I wonder if we'll eventually see a revisited MD2?

Discmania Support Reply

@ Discmania Support: When are you guys making a color glow MD3?????????????????????? Or at least make a C-line MD3 in a pretty Teal color!

Let's do that! Not this year though :)

I concur. Gummy is the exact description I'd use. They're nice feeling and looking, but I'm not sure why anyone would say they're not a little gummy feeling.

Technically I suppose, but when there are things like R-Pro or Soft P-Line out there and now soft or extra soft Exo, that margin becomes quite different. I think we're all on the same page here, though.

But, where are the FD and DD3s? Also, if I get a MD1 as the special disc in a mystery box… I swear…

A DD3 you say? We better get crackin' before the year is up!

Apologies on the lack of color choices here. Your local office may be able to dig you up another color if you're looking for a pink one. Have you contacted Discmania Europe yet? It's possible that they can sell you another if you like.

Thanks for the tip, I'll contact Discmania Europe. I live less than 2 hours away, so it's almost near enough to drive there to pick up a new disc.. If they only had a store! ;)

P.S. I want these new P2s in that Italian goodness you made new MD3 out of! Like now please!

I kinda like the stamp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DM_Cloud_Breaker_3_Yellow_DMS_720x.jpg

Will the new MD1 ever be à stock disc or was this just a "test"? How close to a mako 3 is it?

But stock and Dscmania is hard to say in the same sentence…. Will they ever make stock disc or continue make smal runs the can sell out in minutes?

I threw the mysterybox MD1 some this weekend, hand feel isn't much like a mako3, it's deeper and domier Flightwise I'd guess it's fairly close to fresh champ mako3, the one I usually bag is 3-4 years old so not a great comparison. My form is nowhere near as crisp as Simon's which definitely shows in the flight. My MD1 shows a small amount of turn, then a small amount of fade at the end, compared to the laser beams he was throwing. I think getting some more flight time with it and figuring out a hyzer flip would be the way to go for me with this particular disc.

The big question for collectors will be...will this be the only release of the CB3 OR will they be produced in 2022 as well?

Will the new MD1 ever be à stock disc or was this just a "test"? How close to a mako 3 is it?

But stock and Dscmania is hard to say in the same sentence…. Will they ever make stock disc or continue make smal runs the can sell out in minutes?

The question is "will the MD1 sell"? I asked a local disc store if they had them in, they let me know it was a mystery box only offering...and that if the MD1 was made available for stores they wouldn't carry it. When the MD1 was available, the store lost lots of money on them as they don't sell.

I have a feeling that people will get the mystery box and put the MD1 up for sale as being a unique/rare disc with hopes to get enough money to pay off the mystery box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts