[Innova] Pro eagle x

Mind me reviving a dead post, but why wasn't the eagle ever given stock runs in kc/pro? Does Dave really hate it that much?
KC Pro like the Aviar/Roc? I assume those would crack too regularly in fairway driver speeds. I think the current Driver Pro is really only used in the Leopard and JLS for 6-8 speeds for stock discs. They did release some Halo Nexus Leo3s for Barry Schultz Tour series last year so maybe request Halo Nexus Eagles?

The Champion/Star blends are may be seen as superior in durability vs. the Driver Pro and there is only enough demand for Champion/Star/DX for stock discs.

Infinite Exodus (Eagle-L) has been made in I-blend which is something like a Driver Pro/Echo Star blend. Generally domey compared to the more premium blend runs Infinite has released.

KC Pro like the Aviar/Roc? I assume those would crack too regularly in fairway driver speeds. I think the current Driver Pro is really only used in the Leopard and JLS for 6-8 speeds for stock discs. They did release some Halo Nexus Leo3s for Barry Schultz Tour series last year so maybe request Halo Nexus Eagles?
They do runs of Pro Teebird pretty regularly.

I had thought they wouldn't do 'more understable' plastics like Pro for overstable discs but they've done Gstar Banshees so who freaking knows the what or why with Innova.

They do runs of Pro Teebird pretty regularly.

I had thought they wouldn't do 'more understable' plastics like Pro for overstable discs but they've done Gstar Banshees so who freaking knows the what or why with Innova.
I bought a Pro TB and TL a recent time they loaded some into the Pro Shop (2021) and they both seemed pretty old (penned, fingerprint-y plastic). Definitely not a new run and most likely the same run that was released in the past (1 run every 10 years?).

I could see there being too many rejects/F2s produced since they may not have the parameters dialed in for the plastic blend the same way they have for DX/Champ/Star.

Maybe Innova was testing out how each Fairway mold reacts to a new/never run blend of plastic as an experiment?

Nexus halo eagle would be sick. Didnt care much for the exodus, i think at this point my best chance is going to be a vela in standard plastic. Until then the dx cycle is ongoing

There haven't been Velas in Millennium Standard plastic. Which is just Innova Pro plastic.

Innova runs most drivers in their Pro plastic.

There haven't been Velas in Millennium Standard plastic. Which is just Innova Pro plastic.

Surprisingly not Firebirds, which is the one "distance driver" (their words) I really want in Pro plastic because the DX ones don't quite hold up long enough and the others are going to be total meathooks for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know they haven't yet I'm saying that may be my best shot at a pro "eagle." Seems like if they were gonna make an actual pro eagle they would have by now, so keeping my fingers crossed for the vela

Surprisingly not Firebirds, which is the one "distance driver" (their words) I really want in Pro plastic because the DX ones don't quite hold up long enough and the others are going to be total meathooks for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I-blend Scepters, Helio Sirius Draco and some Star FB aren't really OS just under max weight (170ish) and remain pretty good options. I-blend Scepters have only been run once but can still be found at various online retailers.
OLF/Roman (PD)/Thunderbird all are available in Driver Pro-like blends. All of them are supposed to be a bit more manageable and not FB-like meathooks.

Just thought of another reason Innova didn't manufacture the Pro Eagle X - the Eagle L was Innova's attempt to get the DX Eagle X flight out of the Premium plastic blends instead of a mid-grade Pro plastic. Maybe the same reason the TB doesn't get a Pro stock release either with the TL existing.

Millennium does not have the Vela-L but probably will treat the JLS/Polaris LS as covering that portion of the flight chart and both those are available in Standard plastic blend. Vela & Draco both require the flat top processing so Millennium probably won't do much past the current offerings (stock Quantum + LE premium runs for tour/tournament fundraisers).

I've had the same quantum vela in the bag since they came out and it's starting to straighten out. It was worth the wait.

Pro firebirds were special. They came out a little domier which made them pretty good for the PD type slot. I always prefered X plastic Preds over the firebrids but back when they were both available they weren't uncommon in peoples bags.

These days people are surprised I am throwing base plastic for some of my mids. seems like 9/10 people don't have any base/mid in their bag outside of putters, and 4 or 5 of them it's just their putting putters.

Mind me reviving a dead post, but why wasn't the eagle ever given stock runs in kc/pro? Does Dave really hate it that much?
It was made as KC Pro in the late 90's- the first of the driver mold Eagles (why in the heck did they give it a name they had already used?) were X mold in KC plastic. L molds didn't really become a thing until CE plastic came out .

KC pro driver plastic and the roc/aviar plastic were completely different. KC Pro drivers I can recall from long ago (late 90's): gazelle (pretty sure they were first), tbird, eagle, banshee, whippet, firebird.

KC pro driver plastic and the roc/aviar plastic were completely different. KC Pro drivers I can recall from long ago (late 90's): gazelle (pretty sure they were first), tbird, eagle, banshee, whippet, firebird.
Yep, I'm aware KC Pro for drivers was a unique blend back in the 90s (just before CE released?). I wasn't really sure if the poster I responded to was looking only at the currently available plastic blends where they were looking for a mid-grade Pro plastic. Innova has tried XT and Nexus in drivers at this point but don't believe either will become available stock plastic.

Yeah, I want the current Pro plastic from the Pro Boss or Destroyer in Firebird shape, but no such thing in the Pro Shop. I'd have to settle for G* I guess.

Yeah, I want the current Pro plastic from the Pro Boss or Destroyer in Firebird shape, but no such thing in the Pro Shop. I'd have to settle for G* I guess.

I liked Elite X Predators back in the oldentimes. Aura Omen is pretty close.

I liked Elite X Predators back in the oldentimes. Aura Omen is pretty close.
Having a couple X preds in the bag was kinda a cheat code for a while. It was a speed 9/10 teebird before PDs and Thunderbirds. The Avenger tried and eventually the OLF eventually kicked mine.

Shoutout to Gstar Firebirds, just sayin. They start out less overstable than any Star or Champ I've ever thrown and beat in well.