• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Got to throw these today. First of all, they are beautiful discs. The sexiest driving putter plastic ever. So clear and grippy and awesome. I got 2 premiums.

They are definitely beefy. I LOVE having a straight putter that wants to fade in a significant and predictable way. They remind me of the putter version of the Pain. They absolutely hold the line that you put them on. These actually helped me practice throwing flat, cause if I released with any hyzer, they just held it. If I make a mistake, it is usually throwing discs with a little bit of hyzer when I mean to throw flat. In a way, discs like this are more useful to me than comets for helping me learn how to control release angles.

Anyway, they are exactly what I was looking for in a beefy driving putter to complement by beloved Beavers. I will try to pick up another one when they are widely available over here.

Dag said:
Finnish frisbees in the mail today, delivered by a curious mailman. "Special for the snow ya know", I told him and he walked away content.
Hah! Special Finnish snow discs, I love it!

Ryan C said:
These actually helped me practice throwing flat, cause if I released with any hyzer, they just held it.

Pleasant surprise ^ this ^. I took all putters out with me yesterday for comparison/contrast and because they tend to stay on top of the snow. I took my first throws with known discs to loosen upper and then threw the Jokeri 'like a putter', hyzer release, only to watch it go winging left.

Ryan C said:
I will try to pick up another one when they are widely available over here.

Ditto, most likely when we see some with that Joker stamp from earlier in this thread.

Damn you Kai! Got us all excited about the Respecti and now even if it does come out this week we won't be able to get it until next week :(
Luckily I managed to purchase a couple of Jokeris to keep me going till then.

I have the Respecti ready (and also one other driver!) but those are in print. It's difficult to say when they can do these because the printing is done in another company.
So be patient my friends.

For those who want to be the first. You can place the orders already via email or PM. And Finnish people can order from kiekkopiste.fi

I was testing new discs in Tali today. The first toss with Star 161 Vulcan flipped too far right on hole 6 going for the short pin despite using just a little power. I was down on the right with the row of trees in front of me. I threw my primo Jokeri with a mild anhyzer uphill from about 70' between the trees flexing to hyzer to the basket for a birdie. Sweet!!!

These are the best putters for flexing out I've ever thrown. Better than Zones, only because I consider Zones to be more of a mid than a putter.

Ryan C said:
These are the best putters for flexing out I've ever thrown. Better than Zones, only because I consider Zones to be more of a mid than a putter.

Agreed on both points. Jokeri are awesome for flexing and if you treat a zone like a putter it will always go further than you expect.

Took out my new JOKERi today for a round. Love these discs. I actually enjoyed putting with the baseline plastic. And the premium plastic makes a money driving putter. First throw ever skipped into the side of the basket. Almost an ace. Used it a lot. Just feels so good in the hand and flies so nice. Can't wait to get a chance to throw the RESPECTi.

Man I took out the JOKERi out today for the first time today, this putter is longggg. I was easily getting out past 300'. It flips up great and holds a great straight line until it starts to fade out nicely. I like it!

It worries me if you can flip yours up. Mine are both completely unflippable unless I torque them pretty bad. Assuming your form is clean, these must not be very consistent.

They must be pretty consistent, because he's the only one so far who's reported them turning. Not saying that they're TOTALLY 100% consistent.

Of course there are going to be exceptions due to the nature of the manufacturing process. The question is how large are the differences from disc to disc and run to run. It is what frustrates me so much when I find out a disc that I have or like turns out to be the exception. I still want to try this.

No, no guys. I mean that they flipped up from a hyzer to flat and held a nice straight line. No turn at all. I threw one at max power out to about 310' or so and there was no turn at all. Hyzer to flat, then fade.

Hyzer to flat means turn. On the same throw from flat it would have turned to the right. Get your lingo straight.

jubuttib said:
Hyzer to flat means turn. On the same throw from flat it would have turned to the right. Get your lingo straight.

Well somebody is friggin grumpy. I guess that we use the lingo a littIe different. I know that yes from hyzer to flat is technically turning it. would say that my form is clean. I don't tend to have OAT problems ever. I got this one from Booter, ask him how it threw for him. I am by no means a powerhouse thrower. I would imagine that right now my max D is only around 380' or so since I have not been playing much. You guys who are also throwing them don't get them to flip to flat out of a hyzer?

Uhhh, no, not even close. If I throw it on a hyzer, it stays there. I can throw these up to about 315', and even then, definitely no hyzer flip up.

Hmm, well I will test it out more the next time I play. It only got tossed about 6 times. Maybe it was just me fucking up my throw then?

well it is not just me then! I am not even sure what weight mine are cause I never found out from booter. maybe mine are on the lighter side?

Latest posts